• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck promotes anti-Semite's book

Catz Part Deux

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Beck promotes racist anti-Semite's book | Media Matters for America

On his Fox News show this evening, while discussing how members of "Woodrow Wilson's circle" had created "modern-day propaganda," Beck cited the book Secrets of the Federal Reserve, authored by Eustace Mullins, who has been described as a "[n]ationally known white supremacist and anti-Semite."

(link includes the actual video)

Who is Eustace Mullins? Here is how his hometown newspaper, the Staunton, VA, Daily News Leader, described him in his January 5, 2010, obituary: "Nationally known white supremacist and anti-Semite Eustace Mullins of Staunton, described in 2000 by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a one-man organization of hate, died Wednesday in Waller County, Texas, at age 86."

At the beginning of his discussion of House, Beck urged his audience, "I ask you to do your own homework on this, don't take anything I say as truth just because I say it. Do your own homework. Find out if it's true. Read original sources."

In June, Beck promoted Elizabeth Dilling's The Red Network. Dilling was a virulent anti-Semite and Nazi sympathizer; The Red Network contains numerous passages that espouse anti-Semitism and racism.

Graeme Wood explains who Mullins was...

Mullins was an open purveyor of blood libel: he claimed that Jews kidnap Christian children, ritually puncture their veins, and drink their blood as a restorative for their own degenerate bodies. During Pound's involuntary commitment in St. Elizabeths Hospital in Washington in the Fifties, Mullins visited him frequently, and under his direction, Mullins authored foundational texts in Federal Reserve conspiracy theory. Those theories have proved impressively durable. In addition to Glenn Beck's citation yesterday, Pat Robertson's books peddled variations on them in the 1980s, and elements of the Tea Party echo them now. (Short version: the Federal Reserve controls the world, and the UN is taking over the US via the New World Order.)

Into the Psyche of Eustace Mullins - Graeme Wood - Culture - The Atlantic

Glenn Beck promoting the book of a racist anti-Semite? Shocking.

Mullins was an open purveyor of blood libel: he claimed that Jews kidnap Christian children, ritually puncture their veins, and drink their blood as a restorative for their own degenerate bodies

Man, you just can't indulge in any legitimate criticism of Israel at all these days without somebody calling you an antisemite.

Man, you just can't indulge in any legitimate criticism of Israel at all these days without somebody calling you an antisemite.

You don't see a difference between saying that Jews drink the blood of children and suggesting that Israel's policies in the East Bank are problematic?

You don't see a difference between saying that Jews drink the blood of children and suggesting that Israel's policies in the East Bank are problematic?

I do, but there are many, many others who, after indulging in blatant antisemitism, CLAIM they were just criticizing Israel policy.

Do you have any concerns about Glenn Beck promoting a book that suggests that the Federal Reserve was a Jewish conspiracy?

Do you have any concerns about Glenn Beck promoting a book that suggests that the Federal Reserve was a Jewish conspiracy?

Concerns?

I see it as yet more conformation he's an idiot.

I do, but there are many, many others who, after indulging in blatant antisemitism, CLAIM they were just criticizing Israel policy.

Is saying that Israel is keeping a few million people hostage 'anti-semitism'? I mean I've never seen any of your usual adversaries go around saying things like 'Jews are an abomination' but then again I'm barely in the ME forums. Would you care to tell us what kind of 'blatant anti-semitism' you see hidden behind criticizing Israeli policy?

So when you say he "promoted" this anti-Semite's book, you actually meant he mentioned a completely innocuous (and unchallenged) quote from Col. House, while the graphic behind him cited that quote to a book that this guy had written.

Weak connection at best, there are better things to point out regarding Beck.

You know, the fact Mel Gibson has made blatantly racist and anti-Semitic remarks does not mean you should stop quoting good lines from Braveheart. From what I read, at the time Mullins wrote the book he did not espouse anti-Semitic views. Somewhere between then and the 1960's he became a rabid anti-Semite.

I think we should understand a problem that exists with the label anti-Semite. Some, like the ADL, will label any conspiracy theory that includes just a single Jewish individual an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory.

The Jewish individuals his book mentions as being involved in creating the Federal Reserve were involved in creating the Federal Reserve, in fact being quite influential in creating it, and at the time were very powerful. No one really knows the name Warburg anymore, or Rothschild for that matter though they probably should have better awareness of that name.

Acknowledging that some Jews have played a very significant, even decisive, role in historical events over the past two centuries is not anti-Semitic. It is just studying history well.

I think we should understand a problem that exists with the label anti-Semite. Some, like the ADL, will label any conspiracy theory that includes just a single Jewish individual an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory.
I wasn't aware that the Staunton, VA, Daily News Leader and the Southern Poverty Law Center are appendages of the ADL.

Learn something new every day here it seems :doh

Learn something new every day here it seems :doh

I learned that labelling a person an antisemite when all he did was say that Jews drink the blood of children is a "problem".

.....and here in my ignorance and decided lack of morality, I was thinking that maybe, just maybe the problem might lie in such demonization.

Hey, it's no big deal. Glenn Beck can advise his viewers to read books about Jewish conspiracies behind the federal reserve, and it's all good.

It's one thing to criticize Israel, and another to push the idea around that Jews kidnap Christian children and drink their blood. WTF? I can't believe people actually gave your comment high marks.. it's absurd. He is pretty much reinforcing antisemitic propaganda against Jews... entirely different than criticizing Israel.

I am actually disgusted and shocked by the ignorance being displayed here... and I am somebody who is not afraid to criticize Israel. I don't however, demonize the Jews or think they are evil or anything.. it's more about US policy as far as I am concerned

Last edited:
It's one thing to criticize Israel, and another to push the idea around that Jews kidnap Christian children and drink their blood. WTF? I can't believe people actually gave your comment high marks.. it's absurd. He is pretty much reinforcing antisemitic propaganda against Jews... entirely different than criticizing Israel.

I am actually disgusted and shocked by the ignorance being displayed here... and I am somebody who is not afraid to criticize Israel. I don't however, demonize the Jews or think they are evil or anything.. it's more about US policy as far as I am concerned

You're real'y not picking up on a whole lot in this thread here, are you?

Try reading through the entire thread, including the explanation for my obviously sarcastic statement.

I wasn't aware that the Staunton, VA, Daily News Leader and the Southern Poverty Law Center are appendages of the ADL.

I never claimed they were, only that some groups think any claim of a conspiracy that involves just a single Jew is anti-Semitic. As I noted the Warburgs and several other Jewish bankers were in fact involved in the creation of the Federal Reserve. This is just a fact. They were not the only ones and the book mentioned apparently does include many non-Jewish individuals and families. Also the author's hostility towards Jews seem to have only come later after he wrote the book.

Hey, it's no big deal. Glenn Beck can advise his viewers to read books about Jewish conspiracies behind the federal reserve, and it's all good.

Like I said, the book in question includes Jews as part of the group that set up the Federal Reserve and ultimately they are largely correct, if not entirely correct.

Last edited:
You know, the fact Mel Gibson has made blatantly racist and anti-Semitic remarks does not mean you should stop quoting good lines from Braveheart. From what I read, at the time Mullins wrote the book he did not espouse anti-Semitic views. Somewhere between then and the 1960's he became a rabid anti-Semite.

The Jewish individuals his book mentions as being involved in creating the Federal Reserve were involved in creating the Federal Reserve, in fact being quite influential in creating it, and at the time were very powerful. No one really knows the name Warburg anymore, or Rothschild for that matter though they probably should have better awareness of that name.

Acknowledging that some Jews have played a very significant, even decisive, role in historical events over the past two centuries is not anti-Semitic. It is just studying history well.

Many of those who hatched the Federal Reserve scam and the extortion ring known as the IRS were also Protestants and Catholics...Morgan, Rockefeller Harriman et al...This constant whining about anti-semitism every time anyone has tried to expose the criminals behind these filthy scams is a transparent ploy...Thankfully, the whole scheme will soon come to an end....

Cheers

Like I said, the book in question includes Jews as part of the group that set up the Federal Reserve and ultimately they are largely correct, if not entirely correct.
So what? They didn't just fall out of the sky one day and decide to create the Federal Reserve. I assume they were appointed to assist in this endeavor.

So what? They didn't just fall out of the sky one day and decide to create the Federal Reserve. I assume they were appointed to assist in this endeavor.

The question is whether this "endeavor" was legal or whether it was hatched by a ruthless pack of murderous theives to consolidate their power. Ezra Pound, Eustice Mullins, G Edward Griffin, Charles Lindberg Sr., Henry Ford, and many other prominant Americans believed the latter was true and have always backed their assertions with evidence. The fruition of their warnings is taking place right now. It has nothing to do with religion but rather corruption, criminal activity and war profiteering. As I said, this whole "anti-semitism" crap has been, and still is being used effectively to discredit anyone who dares to challenge the perps. Fortunately, even halfwits like Glenn Beck are starting to get the picture now. This will spell doom for the self appointed "elite" slime very soon.

Cheers

As I said, this whole "anti-semitism" crap has been, and still is being used effectively to discredit anyone who dares to challenge the perps.
Looking at the compendium of your posts here at DP, it appears that you're no stranger to fixation.

Looking at the compendium of your posts here at DP, it appears that you're no stranger to fixation.

Thank you. I certainly do have somewhat of a "fixation" regarding the exposure of criminals, theives and war profiteering usurers. The fact that some of them happen to claim to be Jewish seems to create a bit of a stir here on DP....I really wonder why...Any ideas? Here's an article about a true man of integrity and wisdom who was slandered as an "anti-semite" and soon thereafter murdered in NYC....We should all heed his words today and finally take action against these parasites.

Cheers

Louis T. McFadden (1876-1936): An American Hero by Richard C. Cook « Dandelion Salad

Louis T. McFadden (1876-1936): An American Hero

by Richard C. Cook

Last edited:
Proof he is still a drunken asshole. Thanks for posting catz.

Self-appointed maybe. The Jewish bankers he mentions are all from Europe where central banking already existed. As such they were really just pushing for the U.S. to adopt a system that they supported. Bankers had made several attempts in the past to create a central bank and it was a constant fight with the government. They were not acting on the order of government, but manipulating and influencing government to achieve a result they desired.

Glenn Beck promoting the book of a racist anti-Semite? Shocking.

...about as shocking as some of the anti-Semitic or anti-American comments made by the former pastor of the church attended for 20+ years by our President, don't you think?

Browse these great Jeremiah Wright quotes at your leisure:
"Them Jews aren't going to let [Obama] talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office."

"[T]he Jewish vote, the A-I-P-A-C vote, that’s controlling him, that would not let him send representation to the Darfur Review Conference, that’s talking this craziness on this trip, cause they’re Zionists, they would not let him talk to someone who calls a spade what it is."

...or how about from the mouth of Louis Farrakhan:
"Do you know some of these satanic Jews have taken over BET? They got BET. They got our hair product people. They got Motown. Everything that we built, THEY got it. But the mind of Satan now is running the record industry. Running the movie industry. Running television."

I'd much rather some right wing commentator with no real authority appear to support anti-semitic views, than the actual leader of our country. How about you?

Well, I only find it problematic that Glenn didn't have a head explosion in front of his black board. Then again, I have that thought frequently on his show when he resorts to bashing people like Edward Bernays, even though he influenced American society for the good and pissed off the "progressives." His show is fun for entertainment, because if you know enough intellectual history, it is almost an unintended satire watching his program.

It is rather easy to do the dramatic conclusion with history, because history is complicated. Almost anything he promotes as virtuous can quickly be turned "evil" with the same quick grabs for guilt-by-association and lack of reflection. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom