• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck promotes anti-Semite's book

Well, I only find it problematic that Glenn didn't have a head explosion in front of his black board. Then again, I have that thought frequently on his show when he resorts to bashing people like Edward Bernays, even though he influenced American society for the good and pissed off the "progressives." His show is fun for entertainment, because if you know enough intellectual history, it is almost an unintended satire watching his program.

It is rather easy to do the dramatic conclusion with history, because history is complicated. Almost anything he promotes as virtuous can quickly be turned "evil" with the same quick grabs for guilt-by-association and lack of reflection. :D

One of TV circus clown, Beck's only redeeming qualities is that he is one of the few who dares to discuss and expose the federal reserve scam and the dumbing down and duping of the electorate by using Mr Bernay's methods. His methods were first used politically in Germany by Goebels, Hitler and company, then Stalin, and continue to be perfected and employed by the corporate war profiteers in the US today.

The Father of Spin: Edward L. Bernays & The Birth of PR | Center for Media and Democracy

"Characteristically (and again paradoxically), Bernays was remarkably candid about his manipulative intent.

"If we understand the mechanisms and motives of the group mind, it is now possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it," he argued in Propaganda, one of his first books. In a later book, he coined the term "engineering of consent" to describe his technique for controlling the masses."

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society," Bernays argued. "Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. . . . In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons . . . who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind."

In what concievable way did Bernays and his minions "influence American society for the good"? It appears that what he has created are a bunch of brain dead, fat, diabetic slugs who will eat most anything and watch Dancing with the stars and American idol every week. Meanwhile the majority still buy into the old Demikin vs Republicrat charade of political theater while both parties are owned and controlled by those Bernays termed as the relatively small cadre of people who "pull the wires which control the public mind"....How is this type of deceptive coercion a positive influence in ANY society?

Psychological needs of the public are being met by the political system as well as in our capitalistic society. The idea that it is manipulation is obscuring the fact that it is also providing useful end results that reek little havoc except to those who dislike the abstract notion that someone is inside their head.

Psychological needs of the public are being met by the political system as well as in our capitalistic society. The idea that it is manipulation is obscuring the fact that it is also providing useful end results that reek little havoc except to those who dislike the abstract notion that someone is inside their head.

Wow!! That sounds really progressive....They are lying to us and cheating us for our own good....LOL....Controlling the cattle, in a manner of speaking..... The "useful results" you speak of have produced 100s of millions of unneccessary deaths in the past century in wars which those wise men who are pulling our collective wires have profited greatly from, while those who really built this nation were being used as cannon fodder....Little havok, my ***....Sounds like a bunch of crap spewed out at the U of Chicago by father of the neoCONS, marxist Leo Strauss....Noble lies for the goyim...It's all for their own good I tell ya!!

Thanks

I know this was your intention, but you can make this look more like a youtube comment if you added some jewish conspiracy theorist language and put more unnecessary caps locks and more exclamation points. Then at the end, it needs more internet acronyms like LOL or LOLOLOLLOL.

I know this was your intention, but you can make this look more like a youtube comment if you added some jewish conspiracy theorist language and put more unnecessary caps locks and more exclamation points. Then at the end, it needs more internet acronyms like LOL or LOLOLOLLOL.

Is there a point there, or just the usual diversion tactics? I apologize for my crude internet style, as I'm fairly new in this arena. It is obvious that I believe that citizens of the US and the world at large are being conspired against by a cabal which includes a very small nefarious number of Jews, Protestants, Catholics and no doubt some Muslims. My simple questions to you remain:

1)In what concievable way did Bernays and his minions "influence American society for the good"?

2)How is this Bernays/Strauss type of deceptive coercion a positive influence in ANY society?

My position is that scheming sociopathic liars in positions of governmental power and national media are usually a detriment to those being lied to, and for the sole benifit of the liars themselves. Therefore the greater good will be attained by exposing and disempowering these lying sociopaths. What I find curious is that any time anyone attacks the Federal Reserve scam, the detractors or debunkers immediately go into the "anti-semite" mode and ignore the argument itself. Coincidently, at the same time the Federal Reserve scheme and the extortion ring now known as the IRS were being hatched, the ADL also was formed by a tight knit group of bankers and "industrialists" (war profiteers) who belonged to a lodge located in New York City.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thank you. I certainly do have somewhat of a "fixation" regarding the exposure of criminals, theives and war profiteering usurers. The fact that some of them happen to claim to be Jewish seems to create a bit of a stir here on DP....I really wonder why...Any ideas? Here's an article about a true man of integrity and wisdom who was slandered as an "anti-semite" and soon thereafter murdered in NYC....We should all heed his words today and finally take action against these parasites.
I've seen the crap you peddle here. If I wanted more of that, I'd visit Stormfront.

It is obvious that I believe that citizens of the US and the world at large are being conspired against by a cabal which includes a very small nefarious number of Jews, Protestants, Catholics and no doubt some Muslims.

and there may be some explanations for why your world is filled with thoughts that turn inexorably towards shadowy, mysterious poeple out to harm you.

Is there a point there, or just the usual diversion tactics? I apologize for my crude internet style, as I'm fairly new in this arena. It is obvious that I believe that citizens of the US and the world at large are being conspired against by a cabal which includes a very small nefarious number of Jews, Protestants, Catholics and no doubt some Muslims. My simple questions to you remain:

1)In what concievable way did Bernays and his minions "influence American society for the good"?

2)How is this Bernays/Strauss type of deceptive coercion a positive influence in ANY society?

My position is that scheming sociopathic liars in positions of governmental power and national media are usually a detriment to those being lied to, and for the sole benifit of the liars themselves. Therefore the greater good will be attained by exposing and disempowering these lying sociopaths. What I find curious is that any time anyone attacks the Federal Reserve scam, the detractors or debunkers immediately go into the "anti-semite" mode and ignore the argument itself. Coincidently, at the same time the Federal Reserve scheme and the extortion ring now known as the IRS were being hatched, the ADL also was formed by a tight knit group of bankers and "industrialists" (war profiteers) who belonged to a lodge located in New York City.

Thanks

Public relations firms have done good work for us, and I really do not want to expand there, because I feel it is too self-explanatory. Businesses have also had to adopt the idea that our psychological needs matter and not just practical use. Politicians have found a new way to tap into the American ideal of individualism and individual liberty by continually thinking on how their leadership and their policies can work for individual Americans. They also have to sell their ideas to make them work. This is a practical reality, and Bernays was among those who could help.

Lastly, Leo Strauss was no Marxist. He disliked Marx. One of his arguments against Marxism can be found in the introduction of City and Man. Second of all, Strauss was skeptical of the use of political philosophy in the City. Whether or not Strauss endorsed "Noble Lies" is up to debate for some reason, with me siding on him not endorsing it.

Part of the problem is that many want to find a boogie man controlling them or events around the world unjustifiably, while forgetting the tangible reasons for why something may have been enacted, why the concept mattered, and still matters. You can certainly twist the idea about Bernays being useful into some evil trap, but in a way, you would be applying many of the psychoanalytic concepts to get people to move your way.

Last edited:
and there may be some explanations for why your world is filled with thoughts that turn inexorably towards shadowy, mysterious poeple out to harm you.

Is that because chances are there really are such people? I mean I doubt any small-time Internet poster is selectively and personally targeted, but generally all free-thinking individuals who stand in defiance of the mass thought control paradigm are enemies of the elites.

You can call it paranoia, but in reality at every point in the world there have always been elites who guide or control society from behind the scenes. As the world has become more interconnected so have these groups.

I don't think those I speak of are really "shadowy" or "mysterious". I simply have read their own writings and documents which prove that they are out to harm the public at large with their lies and deception. For example as I posted in this very thread:

"How is this type of deceptive coercion a positive influence in ANY society?"

The Father of Spin: Edward L. Bernays & The Birth of PR | Center for Media and Democracy

"Characteristically (and again paradoxically), Bernays was remarkably candid about his manipulative intent. "If we understand the mechanisms and motives of the group mind, it is now possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it," he argued in Propaganda, one of his first books. In a later book, he coined the term "engineering of consent" to describe his technique for controlling the masses.

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society," Bernays argued. "Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. . . . In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons . . . who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind."

Also in Carrol Quigley's 1966 book Tragedy and Hope he lays out in no uncertain terms the goals and aspirations of the self appointed "ruling elite":

Carroll Quigley Quote/Quotation

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

These are just a couple of examples among thousands that tend to support my theory that a small cabal of sociopathic theives and murderers definitely exists and IS out to harm the public at large. Do you have any cogent argument against my assertions or just more snotty comments aimed at me personally? If so, present them.

Cheers

Last edited:
Public relations firms have done good work for us, and I really do not want to expand there, because I feel it is too self-explanatory. Businesses have also had to adopt the idea that our psychological needs matter and not just practical use. Politicians have found a new way to tap into the American ideal of individualism and individual liberty by continually thinking on how their leadership and their policies can work for individual Americans. They also have to sell their ideas to make them work. This is a practical reality, and Bernays was among those who could help.

Lastly, Leo Strauss was no Marxist. He disliked Marx. One of his arguments against Marxism can be found in the introduction of City and Man. Second of all, Strauss was skeptical of the use of political philosophy in the City. Whether or not Strauss endorsed "Noble Lies" is up to debate for some reason, with me siding on him not endorsing it.

Part of the problem is that many want to find a boogie man controlling them or events around the world unjustifiably, while forgetting the tangible reasons for why something may have been enacted, why the concept mattered, and still matters. You can certainly twist the idea about Bernays being useful into some evil trap, but in a way, you would be applying many of the psychoanalytic concepts to get people to move your way.

Public relations firms have certainly done a good job for those who hire them to sell their products, their hand picked candidates or their idiotic, yet very profitable wars. The question is whether those products, candidates and wars are benificial to the public at large. No doubt, some are at least not harmful and a few may even be benificial. However many uses of so called "public relations" or as Eddie Bernays clearly termed it "propaganda", have also been used to promote needless wars, cigarettes, unhealthy food products and questionable pharmaceitical products. The issue is the intentions and integrity of those with the money to employ the services of such public relations operatives. Goebels was a big fan of Eddie, so was Hitler....

Is that because chances are there really are such people? I mean I doubt any small-time Internet poster is selectively and personally targeted, but generally all free-thinking individuals who stand in defiance of the mass thought control paradigm are enemies of the elites.

You can call it paranoia, but in reality at every point in the world there have always been elites who guide or control society from behind the scenes. As the world has become more interconnected so have these groups.

Yet in some small or large measure, the nature of our democratic system has continued to open up. We are miles apart from the days of Henry Stimson. Nevertheless, I am not at odds with the idea of some sort of elite. I am perfectly content with the idea that some sort of elite need be constructed. Does that mean I advocate for what many call, especially jmh here, "harming the public"? No. In large measure, I find that some small guidance has enabled us to live better lives. Everything has drawbacks, but the "evil" intent displayed by jmh is simply simplistic yammering meant to cause fear, uncertainty, and division rather than positive unity. The man does not even see the need for public relations, nor accepts the idea that maybe public relations makes certain groups take interest in the needs and interests of the masses or a minority who has been "wrongly" pushed out. Everything is devious and harmful and even "murderous", but never beneficial. Anyone who feels to contrary is seemingly thrown in with genocide, death, destruction, fascism, and Adolf Hitler. It takes a simple mind to look at a small number of instances where a technique is used and declare that the rule rather than the exception. Oblivious to the numerous benefits bestowed upon him on a daily basis by such minds, but ever-so mindful of the harm that comes about in small instances.

Last edited:
A)

Everything has drawbacks, but the "evil" intent displayed by jmh is simply simplistic yammering meant to cause fear, uncertainty, and division rather than positive unity. The man does not even see the need for public relations, nor accepts the idea that maybe public relations makes certain groups take interest in the needs and interests of the masses or a minority who has been "wrongly" pushed out. Everything is devious and harmful and even "murderous", but never beneficial.

B)

Anyone who feels to contrary is seemingly thrown in with genocide, death, destruction, fascism, and Adolf Hitler. It takes a simple mind to look at a small number of instances where a technique is used and declare that the rule rather than the exception.

C)

Oblivious to the numerous benefits bestowed upon him on a daily basis by such minds, but ever-so mindful of the harm that comes about in small instances.

A) Here is what I actually said in one of my last posts:

"Public relations firms have certainly done a good job for those who hire them to sell their products, their hand picked candidates or their idiotic, yet very profitable wars. The question is whether those products, candidates and wars are benificial to the public at large. No doubt, some are at least not harmful and a few may even be benificial.The question is whether those products, candidates and wars are benificial to the public at large."

(I guess that might be a little different but in all fairness perhaps Mr Fiddytree needed to put some of his expertise in "public relations" to use to clairify my position for the common public)

B)A "small number of instances" in an otherwise swell endeavor. Priceless!! Thank you sir. The Spanish-American War was sold to the public like soap by one of Eddie Bernay's predecessors WR Hearst who said something like "get me the picture and I'll get you your war." Remember The Maine!! Who can forget....Then a brilliant campaign was set forth by Hearst and others to get us into WWI, to make the world safe for democracy!!..You bet, the "war to end all wars".....That BS line worked so well that the wise benevolent powers and their crafty sales force that they virtually forced and invited Japan to attack us in the pacific thereby bringing back the old rally cry "Remember Pearl Harbor"....Another couple hundred million killed and billions made by our wise benefactors leads us into the parade of turd hunts like Korea, Viet Nam, the two ongoing idiotic bloodfests in the middle east right now and another being promoted in Iran as we speak. But these same guys did sell a hell of a lot of Brylcream, Tide, and Kellogs Cornflakes in the meanwile, so why be picky? And now they got us all singing the national anthem twice during every Major league ballgame...A few hundred million lives is really a small price to pay...Worthless eaters anyway as old Hank Kissinger would say..

C) I guess I am really an ingrate for not seeing all of "the numerous benifits bestowed on me" by these wise and compassionate men....(sarcasm) And perhaps I just dwell on the little glitches that were a necessity for such blessings to be realized. After all, if you want to make an omlette you gotta break a few eggs, right champ?

Thanks

Last edited:
You don't see a difference between saying that Jews drink the blood of children and suggesting that Israel's policies in the East Bank are problematic?

You sound like a supporter for Muslim extremists.

I never claimed they were, only that some groups think any claim of a conspiracy that involves just a single Jew is anti-Semitic. As I noted the Warburgs and several other Jewish bankers were in fact involved in the creation of the Federal Reserve. This is just a fact. They were not the only ones and the book mentioned apparently does include many non-Jewish individuals and families. Also the author's hostility towards Jews seem to have only come later after he wrote the book.

Why is their religion relevant? How many Catholics, Baptists, Episcopalians, and Hindus were involved?

Why are the Jews the ONLY ONES whose religious views are mentioned? I'm not saying you're an anti-semite, but I find it interesting that ONLY the religion of the Jewish folks is mentioned in these conspiracy theories?

If you really want to focus in on the conspiracy folks, I'd look at the Episcopalians. They're the ones who join Skull & Bones.

Why is their religion relevant? How many Catholics, Baptists, Episcopalians, and Hindus were involved?

Why are the Jews the ONLY ONES whose religious views are mentioned? I'm not saying you're an anti-semite, but I find it interesting that ONLY the religion of the Jewish folks is mentioned in these conspiracy theories?

Actually, many will make comments about Catholicism. The issue here is that most Protestant denominations are not highly centralized organizations like Catholicism nor is there a particularly strong ethnic identity associated with it. I generally only bring it up when people try to act like some of the people mentioned being Jewish means it must be some anti-semitic raving or try to dismiss a claim altogether just because it is similar to something anti-semitic.

Do you have any concerns about Glenn Beck promoting a book that suggests that the Federal Reserve was a Jewish conspiracy?

I'm convinced many Beck fans are closeted bigots who hear "welfare" and think black person, and they hear "banker" and think Jew.
Muslim = Terrorist.
Democrat = Socialist/Communist.
Progressive = anti-American.

Beck works at playing on peoples' fears and prejudices to reaffirm those preconceived notions.

Back
Top Bottom