• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck exposes union ads lying about Tea Party on your dime

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Thanks again Middleground for the inspiration... Enjoy!

When the govenment pays an employee, whose money is it?

Nice coordinated dramatic music from the producers.

Also, the closing down the government was mentioned by a tea partier on an npr interview. No spin it's recorded. Just saw it on your counterstation, MSNBC.

Im sure the Unions got us into this mess, not Bush.

Glenn seems a little on edge.

Whats your glenncount so far, grim?

Beck doesn't "expose" anything, he laughs at the ad and calls it absurd, but the advertisement is making a pretty simple argument: cutting federal goverment means cutting programs that Americans are fond of and rely on. It's basically the same thing that conservatives say about government run health care: pay doctors less and the whole system will crumble. This advertisement is saying: put less money into the federal government and the whole system will crumble.

Neither are true, both are an exaggerated version of a legitimate argument. Doesn't seem like anything terribly interesting or new to me.

Those who worship at the church of Glenn Beck believe everything he says.

It's basically the same thing that conservatives say about government run health care: pay doctors less and the whole system will crumble. This advertisement is saying: put less money into the federal government and the whole system will crumble.

I realize this is a little off-topic, but there was just an article today about how medical device manufacturers and pharma are cutting back on their R&D and hiring due to the health care bill.

Last edited:
I realize this is a little off-topic, but there was just an article today about how medical device manufacturers and pharma are cutting back on their R&D and hiring due to the health care bill.

says he may even shift jobs and manufacturing overseas to reduce costs.
"cutting back" code for this which they would probably be doing anyway because as we all know.. .. ..it's all about the Benjamins!

Those who worship at the church of Glenn Beck believe everything he says.

And you're in the pews of the church of Media Matters across town. Do you really not see any difference?

And you're in the pews of the church of Media Matters across town. Do you really not see any difference?

If the Media Matters idiots and those that spew their propaganda weren't so prevalent on this forum, I wouldn't post any more threads about Beck, than I do for any other pundit or talk show hosts. I just can't stand all the lies and BS these desperate liberal Obama worshipers post day in and day out.

"cutting back" code for this which they would probably be doing anyway because as we all know.. .. ..it's all about the Benjamins!

At least you couched it with the word "probably". Although even that, I believe, is too strong. I don't know how people could have expected anything else. Begin adding billions of dollars in costs to a business and they're going to cut back and look to save money elsewhere. Shocking. I thought for sure that businesses would invest all of their time and money for no return at all. Sorry for the threadjack. To attempt to bring it back on topic:

Compare this to the tea party, who is not saying that we shouldn't pay any taxes. They are not claiming that police departments and whatever else should be defunded. They are simply claiming that spending should be brought down to a reasonable level that we can afford and taxes should not be increased.

Government officials (democrats and republicans) always do this. There are hundreds of ways to cut back on spending that will not be nearly as disruptive to a large portion of the population. However, the people in favor of spending always threaten cuts to hospitals, police and firemen. This union ad is no different.

Any time you start to say the phrase "Beck exposes..." stop and google it before you post it to see if it is true. If you find a credible source backing him up, post that source and we'll take you seriously. If you can't find a credible source backing him up, then you just caught him lying, for the umpteenmillionth time and you saved yourself the embarrassment of making a bogus post. Either way, googling before posting is a winning proposition.

Media Matters strives provide accurate information using journalistic standards

Move over Seinfeld, I now have a new favorite comedian.

Absolutely, I see a big difference. Media Matters strives provide accurate information using journalistic standards

Bwhahahahahahahahaah!

I would love to see someone turn it around criticize military personal for using their salaries for political ads and claim this is what we are buying with our taxes.

sadly, because mouth foaming Beck said it, no conservatives are pointing out the idiocy of the notion.

The saddest thing about Beck is his utter lying about the consequences of the very policies he and many of his worshippers advocate. Its one thing to espouse his views. Fine. That is his right. But then it is complete cowardice to pretend that there will not be severe consequences for those same views if they were enacted into law.

You know, I'd make some snide comment, offer some witty repartee or just laugh... if it wasn't so totally sad.
You can do whatever you heart desires Whovian, but that doesn't change the fact that what I said is true. There is a reason why Media Matters is constantly attacked by the right. If they lied or spun situation, they could be dismissed as buffons, but they are not.

Media Matters has much respect from the folks at Fox:

The saddest thing about Beck is his utter lying about the consequences of the very policies he and many of his worshippers advocate. Its one thing to espouse his views. Fine. That is his right. But then it is complete cowardice to pretend that there will not be severe consequences for those same views if they were enacted into law.

Please list the ideas he has and the direct consequences of such ideas. Thank you.

Big difference! At least listening to media other than Glenn Beck's skewed views on the world you can make up your own mind. Besides, Glenn Beck
is a self professed entertainer caring nothing of politics, and all about $. He is as sensational as he is for ratings and his 23+++ MILLION/yr. income.
If he could make more $ shilling for Democrats he would have some miraculous revelation and turn so quick it would make your head spin. But.. .. ..
Democrats, most all Democrats, see through his dog and pony show.

Big difference! At least listening to media other than Glenn Beck's skewed views on the world you can make up your own mind. Besides, Glenn Beck
is a self professed entertainer caring nothing of politics, and all about $. He is as sensational as he is for ratings and his 23+++ MILLION/yr. income.
If he could make more $ shilling for Democrats he would have some miraculous revelation and turn so quick it would make your head spin. But.. .. ..
Democrats, most all Democrats, see through his dog and pony show.

why couldn't he make as much money shilling for democrats?

Is their position so unpopular that it is unprofitable or something?

I hate Beck, but your reply makes no sense whatsover. Isn't the Maddow shill profitable?

why couldn't he make as much money shilling for democrats?

Beck was on CNN, MSNBC already had Keith, Chris and dismal ratings. CNN wasn't going to allow a full-on tard, Fox already had Hannity and great ratings.

I've only met old people who like Beck. Maybe he's good with meds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom