• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck exposes union ads lying about Tea Party on your dime

Mellie

Does Beck want to shrink the role of the federal government to what it was before the New Deal?

I have watched his show and listened to him on the radio and i have heard him rail against the New Deal more times than I can even count. So lets grant him his wish. Lets repeal every political advancement of the Thirties through today - do you really beleive there would be no direct consequences from such a move?

It seems we are dealing with pure fantasy here if you believe that you can end what the libertarians and conservatives love to call "BIG GOVERNMENT" with all its programs and services and not expect some consequences.

As I said, its fine to advocate an end to big government. But its an act of pure cowardice to do what he did on that video and pretend there will not be consequences.

Let me be brutally honest with you Mellie.... you list yourself as a Libertarian. Fine. I strongly suspect that you yourself know darn well what would actually happen in the real world if many of the things you believe in and advocate would actually come to pass. I strong suspect that you know the actual misery that would befall millions of people if your beliefs were actualized into a governmental restructuring that agrees with libertarian principles. But your purpose on these boards - and not just you but other libertarians as well - is to preach a message and recruit new acolytes to the fold. You are no different than the door-to-door missionaries who preach religion. Of course, you will avoid the blood and dirt of the consequences of your dreams should they become reality. It is always easier to sell pie-in-the-sky promising it will be the best pie ever eaten if you never have to actually bake or serve the actual pie.

~snip Link
With a deadpan, Beck insists that he is not political: "I could give a flying crap about the political process." Making money, on the other hand, is to be taken very seriously, and controversy is its own coinage. "We're an entertainment company," Beck says. He has managed to monetize virtually everything that comes out of his mouth.

Yet, supposedly educated people hang on his every word. Totally amazing.

I would strong recommend that anyone interested in Beck, his beliefs and what kind of America he advocates we turn into read this article

Glenn Beck, the Tea Party, and the Republicans : The New Yorker

in a nutshell, the man wants to get rid of everything that came from the Progressive Movement through the administration of Obama. That is the last 100 years of political and social reforms.

Its one thing to believe that such a program would benefit some people and life would then be better for them. But it is another thing all together and a willful act of cowardice to preach such beliefs and pretend that if they came to pass that a whole lot of suffering, pain and even death would not come along part and parcel with them.

I would strong recommend that anyone interested in Beck, his beliefs and what kind of America he advocates we turn into read this article

Glenn Beck, the Tea Party, and the Republicans : The New Yorker

in a nutshell, the man wants to get rid of everything that came from the Progressive Movement through the administration of Obama. That is the last 100 years of political and social reforms.

Its one thing to believe that such a program would benefit some people and life would then be better for them. But it is another thing all together and a willful act of cowardice to preach such beliefs and pretend that if they came to pass that a whole lot of suffering, pain and even death would not come along part and parcel with them.

I would recommend eveyrone look at how much suffering happens when people get dependent on a government that suffers an economic collapse.

Our montary system collapsed in the early 70's. It almost did again in the last election.

why couldn't he make as much money shilling for democrats?

Is their position so unpopular that it is unprofitable or something?

I hate Beck, but your reply makes no sense whatsover. Isn't the Maddow shill profitable?

You are correct, Beck couldn't make as much money shilling for Democrats - not even close. Democrats as a whole are not interested in his type of entertainment. Beck as most on Fox are shills for big business and Beck the Koch Brothers.

You are correct, Beck couldn't make as much money shilling for Democrats - not even close. Democrats as a whole are not interested in his type of entertainment. Beck as most on Fox are shills for big business and Beck the Koch Brothers.

his kind of entertaiment?

the claim is he is a phony that is taking a position for profit.

so he could just as easily be a shill and change his type of entertainment to profit from moronic democratics.

There is a reason why Media Matters is constantly attacked by the right. If they lied or spun situation, they could be dismissed as buffons, but they are not.

Of course there's a reason... Media Matters leans far left. Naturally they are going to attack FOX or anyone else that leans right of them.

I find it sad that you believe Media Matters does not spin. I guess I gave you too much credit. I shall have to re-assess.

First Read - Calling out Media Matters' bias
http://www.newsrealblog.com/2009/12/03/lazy-media-matters-tries-to-expose-right-wing-media-bias/
Behar: NPR Vetted By ‘Objective Media Matters-Type People’ | The Blaze
Take a Close Look at the Liberal Watchdog That Recently Smeared Limbaugh - HUMAN EVENTS
Media Matters Lies to Protect ‘Fallujah Four’ Democrats
Capital Research Center:

from ARealConservative

Our montary system collapsed in the early 70's.

If that assertion is valid, then it should be rather easy for you to document all of the suffering that went along with this collapse.

Last edited:
from ARealConservative

If that assertion is valid, then it should be rather easy for you to document all of the suffering that went along with it.

Are you really not accepting that we were called out on our excessive spending and closed the gold window, thereby severing our promises to all foreign holders of our notes?

We managed to stave off suffering only because the world foolishly allowed us to maintain our reserve currency even though it no longer was backed by anything. That won't happen next time, I assure you of that!

If you want to see the suffering, go look at the poor people from developing nations that export cheap goods and import depreciating dollars. they live in squalor while their fascist leaders get rich from the arrangement.

And you're in the pews of the church of Media Matters across town. Do you really not see any difference?

I do. Most of what I've check on Media matters, though only a few things, have actually checked out factually. beck hasn't done as well. While I don't routinely visit or listen to either, I would rate accuracy above inaccuracy.

ARealConservative

so you cannot document any actual suffering in the USA which was attached to you assertion that there was a collapse of our monetary system in the 1970's?

thank you.

ARealConservative

so you cannot document any actual suffering in the USA which was attached to you assertion that there was a collapse of our monetary system in the 1970's?

thank you.

As I explained, our montary system collapsed, but the world quickly allowed us to continue on under a new system.

We committed fraud, were caught, and they decided not to punish us for it (largely because they would suffer too)

Don't expect the same favor again

Of course, I would also point out that in the early 70's, we were not as dependent on goverment as we are today.

But that is not true Federal Republic. Obama has to open up that bakery every day of the week and has done so for the last 21 months. Reasonable people (and I guess not so reasonable people too) can argue about the product he has delivered on the table. But produced and delivered he has.

pbrauer -
..Media Matters strives provide accurate information using journalistic standards....

The "gene" is strong in this one... :)

Tim-

Of course there's a reason... Media Matters leans far left. Naturally they are going to attack FOX or anyone else that leans right of them.
Of course Media Matters leans left, but you need to explain what far left means. That doesn't compute. The implication that Media Matters attacks conservatism or conservatives is wrong. They attack misinformation.

I find it sad that you believe Media Matters does not spin. I guess I gave you too much credit. I shall havbee to re-assess.
Puting your condescending tone aside, I defy you to show where they spin the information they provide. I've said this before, the word 'lie' or any derivation of it doesn't appear to in their vocabulary. Show me where the have said somebody on Fox has lied.

I looked at these links and didn't find anything that discredits what I said about Media Matters, perhaps you could be more specific.

But that is not true Federal Republic. Obama has to open up that bakery every day of the week and has done so for the last 21 months. Reasonable people (and I guess not so reasonable people too) can argue about the product he has delivered on the table. But produced and delivered he has.

I haven't gotten any of Obama's pie. He keeps telling me he needs me to send more dough, but he's not giving me any pie. WTF?

The implication that Media Matters attacks conservatism or conservatives is wrong. They attack misinformation.

Can you link me to some examples of liberal misinformation that Media Matters has attacked?

Can you link me to some examples of liberal misinformation that Media Matters has attacked?
No,that's not in their charter, can you link me some examples of conservative misinformation that Newsbusters/MRC has attacked?

No,that's not in their charter, can you link me some examples of conservative misinformation that Newsbusters/MRC has attacked?

I didn't make dumb claims about Newsbusters, so I'm not sure why you're asking me that.

Let's pretend that some guy says he wants to punch people over 5 ft tall.
Now pretend that he doesn't punch any white people over 5 feet tall, but only punches black people over 5 feet tall.

Which is a more accurate description: "guy who hates people over 5 feet tall" or "guy who hates black people"?

Similarly, given that Media Matters only attacks conservative "misinformation" while ignoring "misinformation" from the left, it's disingenuous at best to deny that they attack conservatives and say that they only attack "misinformation."

I didn't make dumb claims about Newsbusters, so I'm not sure why you're asking me that.

Let's pretend that some guy says he wants to punch people over 5 ft tall.
Now pretend that he doesn't punch any white people over 5 feet tall, but only punches black people over 5 feet tall.

Which is a more accurate description: "guy who hates people over 5 feet tall" or "guy who hates black people"?
:cuckoo:

Similarly, given that Media Matters only attacks conservative "misinformation" while ignoring "misinformation" from the left, it's disingenuous at best to deny that they attack conservatives and say that they only attack "misinformation."

Media Matters covers all the news oriented programs on both broadcast and cable. Plus major dailies an periodicals like the NYT, Wash. Post, Wash. Times, etc.

:cuckoo:

Media Matters covers all the news oriented programs on both broadcast and cable. Plus major dailies an periodicals like the NYT, Wash. Post, Wash. Times, etc.

You're missing my point, but I'll drop it.

from ARealConservative

If that assertion is valid, then it should be rather easy for you to document all of the suffering that went along with this collapse.

Are you really not accepting that we were called out on our excessive spending and closed the gold window, thereby severing our promises to all foreign holders of our notes?

We managed to stave off suffering only because the world foolishly allowed us to maintain our reserve currency even though it no longer was backed by anything. That won't happen next time, I assure you of that!

If you want to see the suffering, go look at the poor people from developing nations that export cheap goods and import depreciating dollars. they live in squalor while their fascist leaders get rich from the arrangement.

ARealConservative

thank you.

Haymarket

Have you not heard of the stagflation that hit the US during the 70s's high inflation and low growth?

All a direct result of the US currency collapse of the early 70s when Nixon took the US off the gold standard

Back
Top Bottom