• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck Bashing Book Bombs

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Another liberal hate book bombs... Keep up the good work!

Writer Dana Milbank’s critical book on Glenn Beck sees slow sales
By Alex Pappas--The Daily Caller
Published: 3:08 PM 10/22/2010

Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank’s new book critical of Fox News host Glenn Beck isn’t exactly going out-of-stock, The Daily Caller has learned.

Milbank’s “Tears of a Clown: Glenn Beck and the Tea Bagging of America” has sold fewer than 1,600 copies nationwide since it was released Oct. 5, according to a source with knowledge of the figures

SNIP

By comparison, Beck released a novel this summer called The Overton Window that sold more than 132,000 copies in its first week.

Writer Dana Milbank

And he has another book coming out Tuesday.

"Going Rouge". I never even saw that in stores.

Writer Dana Milbank
Personally I couldn't give a **** less whether his book bombs or not. I know personally I wouldn't want if it was given to me.

Who cares? Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Personally I couldn't give a **** less whether his book bombs or not. I know personally I wouldn't want if it was given to me.

Pfft. You practically write the book for him on this board with your constant complaining about Beck.

You care...you know you do. :)
You were praying Becks book would bomb and his would be a #1 best seller.

miniat58.jpg

You care...you know you do. :)
You were praying Becks book would bomb and his would be a #1 best seller.
I don't pray for stuff like that, it's pretty stupid. I think it's funny that Grim started this thread - Glenn Beck is his hero. He worships at the church of Glenn Beck.

Frankly, I don't who would want this book as you can probably read most of it online at the Wash. Post online.

Writer Dana Milbank

It's weird how an event can be interpreted differently by different people. When I see this I think in general it tells me that liberals are less inclined to buy silly books that point out obvious **** written as if it's target audience still can't be trusted with a pencil and must rely on their trusty crayola's.

I don't need to buy Becks book. I know his message, it's pretty ****ing obvious by now and I somehow managed to gleam all I need to know about him from his daily radio and tv shows. I also don't need to buy a book bashing Beck. I can watch his tv show for an hour and tell that he's running with the gimmick as far as he can take it and for all it's worth. Scare those conservatives for all their worth and demonize progressive liberals as nazi/marxist/maoist revolutionaries etc...

I must question someone's intelligence if they really spent their money on either of these books.

Ewwww. A man-crush on Glenn Beck. How yucky is THAT?? Not necessarily the man-crush part...the Glenn Beck part! Puts me in the the Halloween spirit fertrue.

Regards from Rosie

You all think I'm some kind of "super-fan" of Glenn Beck, when the truth is, there are other opinion shows that I watch more often than his. I only post about him as much as I do, because you all on the left can't stop attacking the guy with that garbage from Media Matters. I've never in all my years of posting on political boards, ever seen the left so obsessed with trying to destroy a pundit, and find myself left with little choice but to defend him against all the BS attacks. Hell, half of the stuff I see and hear from Beck in recent months, is not because I am watching his show... it's from reading the BS allegations from you people, and then going online to find out what really went down.

So as long as he remains such a huge threat to the left, they will keep on attacking him with media matters lies, which means I will keep on digging up the truth and posting it.

You all think I'm some kind of "super-fan" of Glenn Beck, when the truth is, there are other opinion shows that I watch more often than his. I only post about him as much as I do, because you all on the left can't stop attacking the guy with that garbage from Media Matters. I've never in all my years of posting on political boards, ever seen the left so obsessed with trying to destroy a pundit, and find myself left with little choice but to defend him against all the BS attacks. Hell, half of the stuff I see and hear from Beck in recent months, is not because I am watching his show... it's from reading the BS allegations from you people, and then going online to find out what really went down..
There is a saying that goes something like if it talks like a duck, walks like a duck, its a duck. This thread and indeed you post are prime examples.

So as long as he remains such a huge threat to the left, they will keep on attacking him with media matters lies, which means I will keep on digging up the truth and posting it
Have you ever shown where Media Matters has lied about him? I don't believe you have.

Thanks for advertising the book to us. I'm buying a copy ASAP.

You all think I'm some kind of "super-fan" of Glenn Beck, when the truth is, there are other opinion shows that I watch more often than his. I only post about him as much as I do, because you all on the left can't stop attacking the guy with that garbage from Media Matters. I've never in all my years of posting on political boards, ever seen the left so obsessed with trying to destroy a pundit, and find myself left with little choice but to defend him against all the BS attacks. Hell, half of the stuff I see and hear from Beck in recent months, is not because I am watching his show... it's from reading the BS allegations from you people, and then going online to find out what really went down.

So as long as he remains such a huge threat to the left, they will keep on attacking him with media matters lies, which means I will keep on digging up the truth and posting it.

Grim... I'm just curious. How many threads do you think you've started on Glen Beck? I looked it up. 18. That's a whole lot of threads about someone you are not a "super-fan" of.

It's weird how an event can be interpreted differently by different people. When I see this I think in general it tells me that liberals are less inclined to buy silly books that point out obvious **** written as if it's target audience still can't be trusted with a pencil and must rely on their trusty crayola's.

I don't need to buy Becks book. I know his message, it's pretty ****ing obvious by now and I somehow managed to gleam all I need to know about him from his daily radio and tv shows. I also don't need to buy a book bashing Beck. I can watch his tv show for an hour and tell that he's running with the gimmick as far as he can take it and for all it's worth. Scare those conservatives for all their worth and demonize progressive liberals as nazi/marxist/maoist revolutionaries etc...

I must question someone's intelligence if they really spent their money on either of these books.

That pretty much sums it up for me. I haven't a clue how anyone can fall for the smarmy over-the-top grabage that he spews nightly on Fox. But he does have loyal followers (such as Grim and Mellie) and for the life of me, I don't get it. I don't need Beck to tell me how to think, nor do I need to buy a book to tell me that's he's nothing but trash.

Last edited:
Grim... I'm just curious. How many threads do you think you've started on Glen Beck? I looked it up. 18. That's a whole lot of threads about someone you are not a "super-fan" of.

And how many threads have been started that attack Glenn Beck?

Look that one up and get back to me.

That pretty much sums it up for me. I haven't a clue how anyone can fall for the smarmy over-the-top grabage that he spews nightly on Fox. But he does have loyal followers (such as Grim and Mellie) and for the life of me, I don't get it. I don't need Beck to tell me how to think, nor do I need to buy a book to tell me that's he's nothing but trash.

Anyone that loves Glenn Beck needs to watch the Marjoe documentary and get back to the real world. He's an entertainer, he's a monkey dancing in a tophat for money. I'm not saying people are crazy for watching him, I watch and listen to a few liberal people that I know can't be trusted without back checking the facts for myself, but my main reason for listening is I find them funny or entertaining.

If 1 person started 18 threads about bashing Glenn Beck, what would you say about them dude?

What if I started up 18 threads about Olbermann or Schultz? You wouldn't start thinking that Im some crazy deluded "super fan"?

You don't even have to answer that one. Everybody knows the answer.

If 1 person started 18 threads about bashing Glenn Beck, what would you say about them dude?

What if I started up 18 threads about Olbermann or Schultz? You wouldn't start thinking that Im some crazy deluded "super fan"?

You don't even have to answer that one. Everybody knows the answer.

Lol... Enjoy yourself.

Actually, I did. The threads supported Glenn Beck somewhat outnumbered the ones attacking Glenn Beck. Point is that in BOTH pools, no single poster has come close to starting as many as you.

Actually, I did. The threads supported Glenn Beck somewhat outnumbered the ones attacking Glenn Beck. Point is that in BOTH pools, no single poster has come close to starting as many as you.

I counted them also, and I have started 11 threads with "Beck" in the title. Funny thing, I also found that hazelnut started 11 threads bashing Beck. The question you of course didn't answer, was "How many Beck bashing threads have been started on this forum", so I decided to help you out.

There have been a whopping 36 threads started that attack Glenn Beck, and that doesn't include the many other threads that rapidly devolve into Beck bashing threads.

As long as the left is so obsessed with trying to destroy the man using lies and distortions, I will keep defending him and posting threads that make the far left idiots around here blow a gasket.

Have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom