• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck attacks Chris Coons as "a Marxist," a "staunch anti-capitalist"

It turns out that Glenn Beck got it right. 25 years ago Coons wrote an article for the Amherst College Newspaper in which he talks about his own transformation from a close minded conservative to an open minded bearded Marxist.

So I'd say that's pretty cut and dried.

It turns out that Glenn Beck got it right. 25 years ago Coons wrote an article for the Amherst College Newspaper in which he talks about his own transformation from a close minded conservative to an open minded bearded Marxist.

So I'd say that's pretty cut and dried.

A beared Marxist?? Is that supposed to be worse than a regular marxist? Why is that adjuctive there, what meaningful purpose does it have?

Also, source? please?

Another Glenn Beck attack by Media Matters... lololololololol

One

I'm going to start counting how many times you say something to this nature. I won't count the times in the past you have.

Maybe instead of attacking the source you should attack the content. Show us the proof that he is a marxist.

A beared Marxist?? Is that supposed to be worse than a regular marxist? Why is that adjuctive there, what meaningful purpose does it have?

Also, source? please?

"Bearded Marxist" is literally what Coons called himself in the title of the article.

Last edited:
pb, and your [Media Matters'] proof that he isn't?

:lamo:lamo I see, Media Matters publishes the voice of your hero Glenn Beck attacking Chris Coons as a Marxist and you consider this an attack on Beck? Too funny. What is up is down to you and white is black to you.
How come you don't defend Glenn Beck's comment instead of making glib inane comments? :roll:

"Bearded Marxist" is literally what Coons called himself in the title of the article.
That doesn't sound tongue-in-cheek to you?

pb, and your [Media Matters'] proof that he isn't?
I see, in your world of Glenn Beck worship, one must prove they're not something? :roll: Please prove he is a Marist.

pbrauer;1058991973 That doesn't sound tongue-in-cheek to you?[/QUOTE said:
So it should be very simple for you to point out proof that he's not an anti-capitalist Marxist.

So it should be very simple for you to point out proof that he's not an anti-capitalist Marxist.
You need to show he is one and not the other way around. Prove that you are not an "anti-capitalist Marxist." You Beck worshippers are sure entertaining.

Edit: Your new avatar is quite revealing.

Last edited:

Okay fine prove that O'Donnell isn't really a card carrying Wiccan sacrificing babies to Satan.:2razz:

I see, in your world of Glenn Beck worship, one must prove they're not something? :roll: Please prove he is a Marxist.

Uuuhhhh. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. But the fact is he said he is.

And weren't we recently schooled after the Obama/Christianity thingy about the need for taking someone at their word....?

You need to show he is one and not the other way around. Prove that you are not an "anti-capitalist Marxist." You Beck worshippers are sure entertaining.

The burden of proof is on you. He says himself that he is one, so show me that he was just joking. Show me proof that he's a capitalist.

Edit: Your new avatar is quite revealing.

Yes it is. I support this site and will put my avatar up for sale so that vague doesn't have to pay for most of the dues every month. :mrgreen: Will you put yours up for sale? I'd love to buy it.

Christine O'Donnell in 1999: 'I dabbled into witchcraft'
44 - Christine O'Donnell in 1999: 'I dabbled into witchcraft'

BTW you need to get a sense humor.

I recommend a nightly dose of John Stewart followed by a Colbert and avoid Beck at all costs.

I have a great sense of humor and, yes, I do watch Stewart sometimes. His Beck impersonations are hilarious. MUCH funnier than SNL.

About O'Donnell....I'm not really following that election very closely. Your link did make me raise my eyebrows. That's just.....weird. Do you think she was joking?

About O'Donnell....I'm not really following that election very closely. Your link did make me raise my eyebrows. That's just.....weird. Do you think she was joking?

Why don't you decide for yourself.

Why don't you decide for yourself.

Um....why are you assuming I haven't? I already said that was weird so obviously I don't think she's joking. Do you?

One

I'm going to start counting how many times you say something to this nature. I won't count the times in the past you have.

Maybe instead of attacking the source you should attack the content. Show us the proof that he is a marxist.

There's nothing to attack. Beck is an opinion show host, who formed an opinion based on the evidence. That's what political "opinion" people do. The fact that Media Matters went on another attack is almost as pathetic as the rubes that buy into their partisan BS.

Last edited:
Um....why are you assuming I haven't? I already said that was weird so obviously I don't think she's joking. Do you?

In all honesty it does not matter to me if she is Wiccan, Pagan, Muslim, Christian, Diest, Buddhist, etc.

In all honesty it does not matter to me if she is Wiccan, Pagan, Muslim, Christian, Diest, Buddhist, etc.

Okay, but do you think she was joking?

Back
Top Bottom