• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck attacks Chris Coons as "a Marxist," a "staunch anti-capitalist"

Do you think Coons was joking?

I don't know. I do think he has a deeper understanding of Marx than your average talking point pundits though.

So he could be a Marxist.

And maybe O'Donell is practicing witch craft at this very moment....and maybe someday Elmer Fudd will catch that wascilly wabbit.

And maybe O'Donell is practicing witch craft at this very moment....

Why do you seem to think it's SO impossible for someone in the U.S. to actually be a Marxist? He said he was. You said you weren't sure if he was joking or not. Yet you REFUSE to be serious in saying that it COULD be true.

Could O'Donnell be practicing witchcraft now? Sure. If she was joking about that, then obviously it's probably not true unless proven otherwise. If Coons was joking about it, then it's probably not true unless proven otherwise.

Why is it so hard to believe?

Why do you seem to think it's SO impossible for someone in the U.S. to actually be a Marxist? He said he was. You said you weren't sure if he was joking or not. Yet you REFUSE to be serious in saying that it COULD be true.

Could O'Donnell be practicing witchcraft now? Sure. If she was joking about that, then obviously it's probably not true unless proven otherwise. If Coons was joking about it, then it's probably not true unless proven otherwise.

Oy vey you love jumping to conclusions don't ya. I don't care if somone is a Marxist nor do I care if somone is a practicing witch.

BTW one of my old room mates in Brooklyn was a card carrying Communist so it is not that hard for me to believe someone to be a Marxist.

... so the **** what if he is/was a Marxist? Is that like being a rapist? A murderer? Is he a pedophile? What? Does he make Asian kids suck his dick? What is so bad about being a Marxist? Capitalism and Democracy have enslaved just as many people as any other ideology and yet you don't make such a big fuss about it. What is so bad about being a Marxist? Please tell me? I'm dying to know why you Glenn Beck trolls have such a hard-on for Marxists.

Last edited:
These threads are hilarious. Apparently Beck made a comment based on Coons own words. His designated internet site criticized him for it. Pete once again put his Glennis Envy out there for all the world to see, and now, 5 pages of threads later people are still talking about Glenn Beck and whether or not the current democrat candidate for senate in Delaware is, by his own words, a Marxist and an anti-capitalist. Beck wins again.

... so the **** what if he is/was a Marxist? Is that like being a rapist? A murderer? Is he a pedophile? What? Does he make Asian kids suck his dick? What is so bad about being a Marxist? Capitalism and Democracy have enslaved just as many people as any other ideology and yet you don't make such a big fuss about it. What is so bad about being a Marxist? Please tell me? I'm dying to know why you Glenn Beck trolls have such a hard-on for Marxists.

Um, because if he actually came out and admitted that he's a Marxist, he'd lose the election?

It's not a matter of Marxist=rapist, it's a matter of Marxist=unelectable pretty much anywhere. That's why it's such a loaded word in politics.

Um, because if he actually came out and admitted that he's a Marxist, he'd lose the election?

It's not a matter of Marxist=rapist, it's a matter of Marxist=unelectable pretty much anywhere. That's why it's such a loaded word in politics.

My point is that morons like those who watch Glenn Beck have elevated the word 'Marxist' to some sort of attack on a person. Like being a Marxist implies you're somehow corrupt or crooked or you cheat on your wife with a prostitute. It's ridiculous.

Oy vey you love jumping to conclusions don't ya. I don't care if somone is a Marxist nor do I care if somone is a practicing witch.

BTW one of my old room mates in Brooklyn was a card carrying Communist so it is not that hard for me to believe someone to be a Marxist.

I have to jump to conclusions with you because it's like pulling teeth to get you to say what you mean. Okay, you don't care if he's a Marxist and you agree that it's not far-fetched that he might be. I'm glad we understand each other now.

So...

What do you think of the Marxist philosophy? How would it effect America to have Marxist leaders?

My point is that morons like those who watch Glenn Beck have elevated the word 'Marxist' to some sort of attack on a person. Like being a Marxist implies you're somehow corrupt or crooked or you cheat on your wife with a prostitute. It's ridiculous.

Not really. It's just anti-American.

My point is that morons like those who watch Glenn Beck have elevated the word 'Marxist' to some sort of attack on a person.

Incorrect; when it comes to politicians, "Marxist" was an attack since waaaaaaay before Glenn Beck.
For good reason, too. There are very few, if any places in the U.S. with an electorate willing to vote for a Marxist into office.

Not really. It's just anti-American.

Really? Says who? Please tell me what you know about Marxism that makes it anti-American? What works of Marx have you read that lead you to believe it is 'anti-American'? The Poverty of Philosophy perhaps? Das Kapital? Or do you think Marxism is 'anti-American' because somebody told you so?

What do you think of the Marxist philosophy? How would it effect America to have Marxist leaders?

I think Marx was a genius and it is a free country and it might be good to have a Marxist or two running around.

I have to say that from the familiarity with Glenn Beck most of the liberals demonstrate here DAILY, you are calling an awful lot of them morons...

I think Marx was a genius and it is a free country and it might be good to have a Marxist or two running around.

Then why bitch and whine and moan about Becks stating it? Why not just say, "yep...he IS a Marxist...an admirable characteristic and one I support" and be done with it?

I thought we had political freedom in this country...oh well.

Um, yeah, and where did anyone in this thread say anything to suggest that anybody shouldn't be free to have Marxist views?

Then why bitch and whine and moan about Becks stating it? Why not just say, "yep...he IS a Marxist...an admirable characteristic and one I support" and be done with it?

Because I don't think he is one. He might have toyed with it at one time just like O'Donnell toyed with witch craft at one time.

Last edited:
Because I don't think he is one. He might have toyed with it at one just like O'Donnell toyed with witch craft at one time.

Darn the bad luck! Well...maybe he will return to it someday full time.

Are there ANY discussions on the actual ISSUES in the Delaware race?

Darn the bad luck! Well...maybe he will return to it someday full time.

Are there ANY discussions on the actual ISSUES in the Delaware race?

I'm still waiting on O'Donnells platform. Last I checked all her web site said was
send me money
more or less.

Believe you are making an excellent point. Hopefully Coons will openly run on the "Marxist" platform. Only then will we finally be able to confront the negative connotation which tends to associate with Marxism in America.

Time for Coons to man up and take one for the cause, dammit...!!! :2usflag:

Back
Top Bottom