• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck admits he disagrees with key piece of King's vision

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
In the weeks leading up to his 8-28 rally, Glenn Beck repeatedly invoked Martin Luther King Jr., claiming that his rally would "reclaim the civil rights movement" and "pick up Martin Luther King's dream that has been distorted and lost."
But as we have noted, if anyone has been distorting King's message, it's Beck himself. Beck has portrayed the civil rights marches of the 1960s as a movement solely for equal rights that did not seek to promote social justice or economic rights. But that portrayal doesn't square with the reality of the civil rights movement. For example, the full name of the rally at which King delivered his "I have a dream" speech was the "March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom," and the leaders of the rally included labor leaders along with civil rights leaders.
On Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace confronted Beck with this reality, noting that King's march on Washington was "for Jobs and Freedom" and that the "civil rights movement was always about an economic agenda."

The complete article

So what?

Oh, I forgot... You're obsessed with Beck.

I'd like to believe that if MLK were alive today, fewer blacks would be in the sorry mess they're in -- caused by an economic agenda that put them right back into slavery, except they don't know it.

Yes, you don't think they can't think for themselves. 'blacks' = strawman

Personally I think he has done something great himself! Good for him and I really wish people would stop judging the guy about his reason for doing this. If you hate him, then hate him. But his heart is in the right place. ;)

That's not true. I lived during the time of the Civil Rights movement, and it was for equal rights for all men and women, not just blacks. Why did Martin Luther King constantly talk of a world where people would not be judged by the color of their skin. It is only you liberals, who have distorted MLK's speeches and changed it to social justice.

Holy cow. How many Beck threads do we need? :2razz:

That's not true. I lived during the time of the Civil Rights movement, and it was for equal rights for all men and women, not just blacks. Why did Martin Luther King constantly talk of a world where people would not be judged by the color of their skin. It is only you liberals, who have distorted MLK's speeches and changed it to social justice.

Yes, they often distort everything to bend to their beliefs and agendas.

Meanwhile, connies are creaming themselves over the vacuous mouthings of an inadequate psychopath.

No, YOU don't think they can think for themselves. You think they need a nanny state to feed and clothes them.

Becks' got the libbies on the ropes right now, and they are obsessed with him.

46294_1491053031010_1074515630_1397215_1966930_n.jpg

Here's a photo of the handful of people that showed up for the 8/28 rally.

it is clear from his comments that beck has absolutely no understanding about MLK and the civil rights agenda he pursued

That's the Million Man March. Try again.

Please prove this preposterous allegation.

47421_565529728144_141303736_32997903_1465489_n.jpg

Here's a photo of one of the "hateful morons" that showed up at the rally. Her last name is King. :roll:

Last edited:
This thread is hilarious. We have some one who starts alot of Beck threads complaining about how many Beck threads there are, we have some one who spends most of his time in Bias in the Media complaining about people talking about the subject, we have a misrepresented photo, and a claim that King's niece, who is something of a nut, adds credence to something. To top it all off, we have the original idea, which is that since some one does not agree with everything King believed in, they should not be able to use King's name. Hilarious!

Hey Skippy, let me show you another photo of the "million man march".

44567_430400997112_697322112_4938306_8298464_n.jpg

:2razz: How'd all those whiteys get there?

This thread is hilarious. We have some one who starts alot of Beck threads complaining about how many Beck threads there are, we have some one who spends most of his time in Bias in the Media complaining about people talking about the subject, we have a misrepresented photo, and a claim that King's niece, who is something of a nut, adds credence to something. To top it all off, we have the original idea, which is that since some one does not agree with everything King believed in, they should not be able to use King's name. Hilarious!

You are correct, she supported Jesse Jackson for president.

no, i think they are human, which means they respond to the incentives they are given.

Back
Top Bottom