• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Because Republicans Decided To Boycott the Jan 6 Committee, They Are Now Totally Unprepared To Defend Trump

January 6th nor the republican party deserve to be defended ........ looks like ALEC dollars bought a lot of stupid politicians ..........

JANUARY 6TH WOULD HAVE PLACED AMERICA IN AN ECONOMIC FAILURE SITUATION TO THE POINT THAT MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS WOULD LOSE EMPLOYMENT THUS
NO ONE WOULD BE WILLING TO BUY US GOVERNMENT BONDS AS AN INVESTMENT = MAYBE NEVER AGAIN.

How can the above be defended...........?

Not only this, but that article props up a scarecrow that doesn't exist.

It mentions Republican Congressmen wanting to "defend Trump".

Who says Trump needs to be defended? The dog and pony show doesn't have anything useful against Trump...if they did, it would have to be referred to the DOJ. They haven't referred anything against Trump and Congressmen won't have any effect on DOJ action, anyway.

So there's nothing to defend and there's no defense possible by any Congressmen.

This WaPo article is nothing more than continued nothingburger narrative nonsense from the Trump hating propaganda machine. Only useful idiots are concerned by this.

Then, Trump should have no problem volunteering to testify before the committee. He has nothing to hide or explain, right?

Then, Trump should have no problem volunteering to testify before the committee. He has nothing to hide or explain, right?
Nonsense.

He has no reason to testify in a dog and pony show that's designed to create narratives in order to harm him.

Nonsense.

He has no reason to testify in a dog and pony show that's designed to create narratives in order to harm him.

Hillary Clinton testified for 12 hours in the bullshit Benghazi hearings. Something far less serious than Trump and Republicans' government takeover attempt on Jan 6.

Why does Hillary have more balls than Trump?

Capitol Riot Arrests: Updated List of Who Has Been Charged ...​

https://www.insider.com › News › Politics

Mar 17, 2022 — At least 800 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far. This searchable table shows them all. · A pro-Trump mob descended on ...

At least 800 people have been charged in the ... - Yahoo News
https://news.yahoo.com › most-arrests-capitol-riots-mis...

Mar 17, 2022 — Since supporters of then-President Donald Trump swarmed the US Capitol on January 6, 2021 — forcing Congress to go into lockdown and damaging ...

Jan 6, 2022 — 725: more than 725 people have been arrested ; 165: at least 165 have pleaded guilty, most to misdemeanors ; 70: about 70 have been sentenced ; 30: ...
Capitol Breach Cases | USAO-DC | Department of Justice
https://www.justice.gov › usao-dc › capitol-breach-cases

Case NumberNameLocation of ArrestEntry Last Updated*
1:21‑cr‑212ADAMS, Jared HunterOHIO, HilliardDecember 15, 2021
1:21‑cr‑43ABUAL‑RAGHEB, Rasha N.NEW JERSEY, BellmoreFebruary 4, 2022
1:21‑cr‑354ADAMS JR., Thomas B.ILLINOIS, SpringfieldDecember 15, 2021
View 744 more rows
====================================================================

FBI has names of hundreds more Jan. 6 rioters. DOJ needs ...​

https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › justice-department

4 days ago — More than 225 have pleaded guilty so far, and two have been convicted at trial: one by a jury and one by a judge. More than 50 have been ...

====================================================================

At least 800 people have been charged in the Capitol ...​

https://www.businessinsider.in › news › articleshow

Since supporters of then-President Donald Trump swarmed the US Capitol on January 6, 2021— forcing Congress to go into lockdown and damaging the halls of ...

Hillary Clinton testified for 12 hours in the bullshit Benghazi hearings. Something far less serious than Trump and Republicans' government takeover attempt on Jan 6.

Why does Hillary have more balls than Trump?
She doesn't have balls. She testified when she didn't have to.

She doesn't have balls. She testified when she didn't have to.
In other words, Clinton has more guts and courage than your hero Trump. She testified for 12 hours in front of a bunch of hostile, obnoxious grandstanding idiot Republicans and she made them all look stupid.

Nonsense.

I figured you would say that.

I disagree. He should explain his actions before 1/6 and after. He can start when he stated," the only way I loose is if the election is rigged".

He should explain what was discussed with various people regarding the election certification. Why did he continue to pressure his VP?

Trump has a lot to explain. The real dog and pony shoe was the Cyber Ninjas clown show in Arizona.

I figured you would say that.

I disagree. He should explain his actions before 1/6 and after. He can start when he stated," the only way I loose is if the election is rigged".

He should explain what was discussed with various people regarding the election certification. Why did he continue to pressure his VP?

Trump has a lot to explain. The real dog and pony shoe was the Cyber Ninjas clown show in Arizona.
He doesn't have to explain any of that to a dog and pony show.

If you want him to explain all that, then tell the DOJ to get froggy. Or...you could try telling some media puke to interview him and ask him those things.

They didn't boycott it. They were removed from the committee. Articles like this propaganda piece is why the WaPo isn't a credible news source. They go past coloring a story favorably to their ideology and into printing misleading and dishonest stories.

Nope, no one was removed. Jim Banks and Gym Jordan were rejected as potential members, so in response, McCarthy said none of the nominees would take part.

He doesn't have to explain any of that to a dog and pony show.

If you want him to explain all that, then tell the DOJ to get froggy. Or...you could try telling some media puke to interview him and ask him those things.
Another walls are closing in on Trump thread. Wonder how many there have been these last six years?

Another walls are closing in on Trump thread. Wonder how many there have been these last six years?
Probably more than 85% of the total threads in this forum.

:giggle:He doesn't have to explain any of that to a dog and pony show.

Your opinion is rejected.

I would be rich if someone paid me a dollar for every time you used the word "puke"
your dismissed.

Nope, no one was removed. Jim Banks and Gym Jordan were rejected as potential members, so in response, McCarthy said none of the nominees would take part.
Fair enough they were rejected not removed. It's a distinction without a difference but slightly more accurate.

Hilarious when McCarthy couldn't get a clown like Gym "I like to watch" Jordan on the committee for beyond obvious reasons, he takes his marbles and stomps home. It's especially telling that McCarthy's stance changed so drastically after his initial reaction to the Republican led Insurrection Against the United States of America on January 6, 2021. What on earth was he promised during his Florida meeting with Trump. I would like to have been a fly on the wall during that seditious, traitorous, insurrectionist meeting!

Jan 6 traitors like Jim Jordan don't get to sit on the committee investigating the Jan 6 traitors.

That's just common sense and it was a no-brainer decision by Pelosi. Kevin McCarthy made an egregious mistake throwing a temper tantrum and boycotting the committee.

It was a monumentally stupid mistake. It's not just the biggest political mistake of Kevin McCarthy's career, it's one of the biggest political mistake of anyone's career in the pantheon of U.S. federal politics. I don't recall a political party leader ever urging his party to boycott a committee in its entirety - at least not one of this magnitude. Democrats (and I'm guessing Republicans, too) have boycotted votes, but not all participation on a committee.

I mean, if you hate the committee so much, shit...you don't boycott it, you get on it and turn it into a hyper-partisan spectacle so that it's discredited as more partisan sniping. Instead, boycotting the committee left two republicans on the committee who now have gained a reputation for having integrity and courage to defy their party's partisan desires to keep their mouths shut. So in effect the only Republicans on that committee are regarded as authentic voices who are basically now saying "Yeah, the mainstream in our party had something to do with trying to nullify your vote."

In another era, I'd argue that it's a devastating political own-goal, but ordinary people seem more worried about the pain at the pump and at the grocery store than they are with 'last year's news' or 'more Trump hate'. Once again, Democrats are unfortunately in the position of lecturing to Joe Beergut why he should care about something brazenly unethical, and likely illegal, that Trump did, as well its potential ramifications for our democracy, and having it met with shrugs and exasperated dismissal that this is not what people really care about right now.

Your opinion is rejected.

I would be rich if someone paid me a dollar for every time you used the word "puke"
your dismissed.
I didn't state opinion. I stated fact.

bye bye

Everyone will wake up assuming we get to the public hearing part, and time is running out.

Nonsense.

Sure he has reason to testify as the longer this investigation continues the more fingers are pointing at him as a leader of the insurrection.

Republican idiots in Congress decided to boycott the Jan 6 Committee. As a result, they are now completely in the dark about what is going on behind closed doors on the Jan 6 Committee and they have no idea how to try to best protect their cult hero Trump and some of their own Republican members of Congress. As the Washington Post explains --

One by one, Republicans eviscerated the work of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, each one bemoaning the fact that the chief congressional security officials had not been subpoenaed to examine that day’s security lapses. Not interviewing these key officials was proof, they suggested, that the committee was just out to score political points against Republicans.

Finally, Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) shut down that line of debate on Wednesday with some information these Republicans did not seem to know. “We have in fact interviewed precisely the people they set up as a test for the validity of our investigation,” Raskin said.
Those top security officials “didn’t need a subpoena” to testify about that horrible day’s events, Raskin said. “They came voluntarily.”

The moment served as a reminder for Republicans that they have no insight into this powerful committee’s inner workings.

Without knowing precisely what the committee is doing and who it is talking to, Republicans have struggled to prepare lines of defense for former president Donald Trump. Even more important to their own personal interests, dozens of GOP lawmakers are left in the dark about what evidence the committee has collected involving their own contacts with Trump and his senior advisers in the run up to, and during, the attack on the Capitol.

"Republican idiots in Congress decided to boycott the Jan 6 Committee."
It was Pelosi who boycotted who the Republicans wanted to represent them on the committee.

They didn't boycott it. They were removed from the committee. Articles like this propaganda piece is why the WaPo isn't a credible news source. They go past coloring a story favorably to their ideology and into printing misleading and dishonest stories.

mccarthy boycotted the committee after Pelosi correctly rejected jim jordan.

jordan is a potential witness. No witness belongs on that committee. Just like no witness to a murder belongs on the jury trying the murderer.

Not only did mccarthy boycott the committee, he got all of the rest of the republicans to boycott it. Talk about following lock step.

They made a bad choice.

Back
Top Bottom