• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beauty and the Beast's 'exclusively gay moment'

Did you know that support for gay rights is not the same thing as wanting to see gay make out/sex scenes? I know it's shocking, but those two issues are not connected.

Ya, but victim culture has to sell the victims, otherwise it would soon be over .

And for now the majority is sold on victim culture.

I am trying to change this.

Like I said, if you find it entertaining to watch movies with dudes making out I encourage you to go to as many movies with guys making out in them as you can. As for me, I don't enjoy such things, so I will be skipping them.

Kind of a weak come back to pretend you know what i like. But then when all you have to back you is an emotional plea then what could anyone else expect from you.

It wasn't part of the original story because bigots just had to shove homophobia down everyone's throat!

Hebron brought up an interesting point. And it is something that I wish Disney (let's face it...they are the worst about shoehorning crap in) would pay attention to. This story was not about "gay love" or whatever. I think it had a much deeper story and was about "feminism" and so on. Actually Emma Watson gave a good interview on the topic:

My question to Disney is why can't they make something original? Something unique? If it is organic and is part of the story...that makes it far more appealing in my mind. When they cram it in to the movie? I feel like it is a lame attempt to sell tickets. A way for them to show "hey look how progressive we are." I just don't get how that appeals to anyone?

I mean I'm not the target audience. I have a penis and I'm over 10. Granted I don't even know if Disney makes animated movies that have good messages for young boys. I can't think of the last one they did, but I'm not all up on my Disney. But I don't think they care what I think. I just feel like Disney is not producing content that feels natural with a good story. But then...I pretty much feel like most big movies are like that now anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brokeback Mountain. :)

George Takei's biography. :)

Specifically, a story about someone who is gay, or about gayness in general, or which includes a primary or secondary character who was originally written as gay and whose gayness matters to the storyline.

The OP example, not so much.... they're just inserting it just to be doing it, to be "down with the struggle", even though it doesn't fit the story and was no part of the original storyline.

See, there's the issue right there. Gay? You don't fit unless you have to fit. But heterosexuals can be depicted as heterosexual all day long even when it's "not important to the story."

Sometimes people are just gay. It's not a gay agenda to depict Henchman #34 flirting with another dude right before the hero drops out of the air duct and shoots him. Out of the 150 henchman hired by Dr. LaserKill, some of them are probably gay. That's reality.

Why is it a deliberate choice to include homosexuality but not a deliberate choice to include heterosexuality? They're all writing/directing choices, and picking one or the other doesn't matter to the story. So why only complain about the one?

Last edited:
See, there's the issue right there. Gay? You don't fit unless you have to fit. But heterosexuals can be depicted as heterosexual all day long even when it's "not important to the story."

Sometimes people are just gay. It's not a gay agenda to depict Henchman #34 flirting with another dude right before the hero drops out of the air duct and shoots him. Out of the 150 henchman hired by Dr. LaserKill, some of them are probably gay. That's reality.

Why is it a deliberate choice to include homosexuality but not a deliberate choice to include heterosexuality? They're all writing/directing choices, and picking one or the other doesn't matter to the story. So why only complain about the one?

Seriously? When the original story didn't have a gay character and you decide to include one there is no doubt that is a deliberate attempt to cram homosexuality in the story.

Last edited:
Kind of a weak come back to pretend you know what i like. But then when all you have to back you is an emotional plea then what could anyone else expect from you.

Then why do you want to watch movies with dudes making out? You either enjoy it or you're just being PC because apparently being PC is cool on the left. What exactly is your motivation here?

So would you prefer there be a sex scene with two dudes or would you prefer there not be a sex scene with two dudes?

I would prefer that all the silly whining stop.

Then why do you want to watch movies with dudes making out? You either enjoy it or you're just being PC because apparently being PC is cool on the left. What exactly is your motivation here?

I did not say anything about what i do. You just make **** up because it is your best shot at ignoring the hypocrisy of those who dislike homosexuality but will only apply the hate to men.

I did not say anything about what i do. You just make **** up because it is your best shot at ignoring the hypocrisy of those who dislike homosexuality but will only apply the hate to men.

I'm not ignoring that it's different for people. That has been a well known fact for a very long time now. Hell, lesbians are even seen as different with straight women. It's just how it is.

I would prefer that all the silly whining stop.

Maybe people want to have entertainment that isn't filled with a bunch of stuff they don't want to see. :shrug:

I'm not ignoring that it's different for people. That has been a well known fact for a very long time now.

You are ignoring the fact that you apply sexism to your thinking. Homosexuality is disgusting you shout, but only when men do it, you whisper.

You are ignoring the fact that you apply sexism to your thinking. Homosexuality is disgusting you shout, but only when men do it, you whisper.

It's hardly sexism, but I suppose to people that see some kind of sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc everywhere it would be.

It's not, in the example noted, being done on that basis, but is being purposefully included into a known story that doesn't originally include any gay characters or gay scenes, for reasons that have nothing to do with the story.

I don't have a problem with "diversity characters" but it's the way they publicize it.
Just put him the movie and don't make a stink about it.

This. It should be a non-issue already. Creating media buzz just makes it exceptional which, in a way, is still "othering" gay people.

The struggle for human "rights" is not an easy one.

One of the undeniable differences between the struggle for "gay acceptance" and the civil rights movement of the 50's & 60's is that there is no chance homosexuality will ever be a statistical majority or equality. Not even close. Genetics dictates that about what....3% of any population will be homosexual.

That means that homosexuals will always face a stigma of sorts no matter how hard the LGBT agenda is pushed. In fact pushing it probably just alienates that minority. Perhaps if Christianity, Islam and the other religions are eventually cast aside there will be greater acceptance? The problem of being a very small minority will still be present and at some point in time (no telling how long), the majority opinion will probably swing back against homosexuality with a vengeance.

It's just human nature unfortunately. Humans seem to never learn from the past and can not seem to get past their petty prejudices. Power in both Russia and China is moving towards less distribution and more consolidation in one leader. Neither of whom seem to be ok with homosexuality.

When the US falls in such a way (and history says it will eventually), the same will happen here and I'm convinced by the example of history, that homosexuals here will face terrible times here in the USA exactly because of the fierce LGBT movement. Ironically, those most benefiting from the inherent liberalism of our free society are working hardest to end that very freedom that allowed their acceptance to begin with, they just seem to be unaware of it at this point.

Pure speculation of course. Your mileage will undoubtedly vary.

Yeah there's been goddamn thousands of movies with needless hetero romance and the notorious love triangle. All you have to do is ask "Could they have done without this?" In almost every movie, considering they're only 2 hours, the answer is yes, at least in any non explicitly romance flick. I'm sure some of that includes new characters in remakes too, though i almost never watch those.

Seriously? When the original story didn't have a gay character and you decide to include one there is no doubt that is a deliberate attempt to cram homosexuality in the story.

None of Disney's adaptations of fairy tales or novels are true to the original stories. Being gay adds depth to the Le Fou character - which is a Disney creation - and explains his infatuation with Gaston.

None of Disney's adaptations of fairy tales or novels are true to the original stories. Being gay adds depth to the Le Fou character - which is a Disney creation - and explains his infatuation with Gaston.

So I'm guessing being a side kick and hanging out with another dude makes you gay. Interesting logic from Disney there. Wrong, but interesting.

Have you ever heard of the term "character motivation?"

Side kicks are not side kicks because they're gay. The entire line of reasoning is stupid. It reminds me of the idiocy around Robin actually. lol

'Beauty and the Beast's 'exclusively gay moment' will be a Disney first, director tells magazine

'Beauty and the Beast's 'exclusively gay moment' will be a Disney first, director tells magazine | Tampa Bay Times

Why? Was the part of the real org story?

They just have to shove gayness down Americas mouth!

HAHAHAHA Did somebody force you to watch it? You sound just like the people that don't like to see blacks on TV, or women in positions of power on TV. Oooh or all those classy people that cried about interracial couples on tv. In a fairy tail I couldn't care less about a character's gender, religion, sexual orentation etc and wouldn't even have noticed under normal conditions. Now though with your false outrage it makes me hope when they freshen up other 200+ year old fairy tails they add or change other things that upset you.

Side kicks are not side kicks because they're gay. The entire line of reasoning is stupid. It reminds me of the idiocy around Robin. lol

Being a sidekick for no reason other than being a sidekick is not good character motivation.

So I'm guessing being a side kick and hanging out with another dude makes you gay. Interesting logic from Disney there. Wrong, but interesting.

If you don't like the character then don't watch the movie.

If you don't like the character then don't watch the movie.

You need to read the thread. I quit watching TV and movies a while ago.

Being a sidekick for no reason other than being a sidekick is not good character motivation.

Making his motivation sexual just makes him creepy. Though if I recall the character is already creepy.

On that note, there is a lot of creepy Disney characters. :/

Back
Top Bottom