• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beautiful morning

faithful_servant

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
A couple days of rain down here and snow in the mountains meant that for the first time in over month I got to see my mountains on the way to work (the rain knocked down the smoke). Freshly dressed in white and just getting the first touch of the sunrise. The next few weeks will mean driving to work and getting to see them go from blue-gray to pink to bright white.

Horrible morning here (better than many however)

Cold at 4 C (or 40 F for the regressives ) with a mix of rain and snow. But as you said, the smoke is gone which has turned what is normally the bluest sky city in Canada to a hazy or just outright grey sky for much of the summer

Cold at 4 C (or 40 F for the regressives ) with a mix of rain and snow. But as you said, the smoke is gone which has turned what is normally the bluest sky city in Canada to a hazy or just outright grey sky for much of the summer

Clear here on the coast too. Has been for a few days. That smoke was having a bad effect on my disposition- it was coming over the mountains from the interior for awhile, then we had a few clear days before it started coming up from south of the border. Hopefully fire season's over for this year. I'm waiting for my load of logs- the guys haven't been allowed in the bush for months.

Houston had a couple of weeks of very decent mornings in 60's and dry.
It likely helped to poor souls who were without power, after Harvey.
The last few days have brought summer back with a vengeance.
It has been like 80 F and 100% humidity, at 6 am.
On the bright side, fall is starting tomorrow.

Rain does help put out fires.

Houston had a couple of weeks of very decent mornings in 60's and dry.
It likely helped to poor souls who were without power, after Harvey.
The last few days have brought summer back with a vengeance.
It has been like 80 F and 100% humidity, at 6 am.
On the bright side, fall is starting tomorrow.

fall in texas.JPG

Wow cooling off to 90, that 's a relief!
Like I said fall is coming.

Whe3re I am, it's been hovering about 80 degrees during the day.

Whe3re I am, it's been hovering about 80 degrees during the day.
I spoke with my daughter in Alberta, they got their first snow this week!
I think I can handle 4 months of hot summer, but am not prepared for 8 months of winter.

We finally hit some nice weather with highs below 100. I can go to bed with the windows open now, which is amazing after all these months cooped up. Plus, the electric bills will go down, and I can go hiking again around town. Each summer gets more and more annoying around here.

I think I can handle 4 months of hot summer, but am not prepared for 8 months of winter.

This is a bit early for snow, just a bit. I like snow.. for about a 3 month time.. but 8 months is a bit much. I suspect it will melt off this time of year though...

Calgary had snow yesterday, mixed with rain, none of it stayed. Not sure about the mountains, I expect higher elevations like Lake Louise had snow that has stuck around.

Real winter wont start until November, but we will normally get a couple snowstorms before Oct 31. Growing any vegies outside a greenhouse will have stopped over a week ago

This is a bit early for snow, just a bit. I like snow.. for about a 3 month time.. but 8 months is a bit much. I suspect it will melt off this time of year though...
my Houston winter is mostly 4 to 15 C, sometimes dipping to 0 C, so Alberta see 8 months of my type of winter.

Calgary had snow yesterday, mixed with rain, none of it stayed. Not sure about the mountains, I expect higher elevations like Lake Louise had snow that has stuck around.

Real winter wont start until November, but we will normally get a couple snowstorms before Oct 31. Growing any vegies outside a greenhouse will have stopped over a week ago

My daughter says there is a saying about if it does not snow by Halloween, it's going to be a bad winter, I am not sure of the relationship,
but she says it seems to be accurate.

Back
Top Bottom