• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bears Trade two 3rd round picks for Brandon Marshall

well you know you are a fan when you are excited about a pick up as you are about the birth of a child. I am happy to have him out of the AFC East. About half as happy when I saw my first boobs.

I was going to post this. This is really good for the Bears. I'm hoping the Dolphins are clearing up cap space for Manning, Wayne, and Jeff Saturday.

Personally, I think Miami made a mistake, if only because they gave up two second rounders two years ago to get Marshall and he's played at a pro-bowl level for them, but they are only getting two third rounders in return for him.

For the Bears, this is the absolute perfect move. By getting Marshall via trade, they should still have the cap-room to remain one of the front-runners for Mario Williams.

well you know you are a fan when you are excited about a pick up as you are about the birth of a child. I am happy to have him out of the AFC East. About half as happy when I saw my first boobs.

Really? How old were you when you started getting your boobs?

Really? How old were you when you started getting your boobs?

I wanna respond, but at the same time I am sure it will end badly. So, let me just say I look forward to see the Bears do something to make you cry. I would say get rid of their oline but that would be an improvement.

Personally, I think Miami made a mistake, if only because they gave up two second rounders two years ago to get Marshall and he's played at a pro-bowl level for them, but they are only getting two third rounders in return for him.
I agree with this if they did this in a vaccum. Marshall is a great player. I'm hoping it was because the Dolphins meeting with Manning went extremely well and they need to clear up cap space for Manning and posse. If that's the case then I can understand them not shopping around Marshall better.

I agree with this if they did this in a vaccum. Marshall is a great player. I'm hoping it was because the Dolphins meeting with Manning went extremely well and they need to clear up cap space for Manning and posse. If that's the case then I can understand them not shopping around Marshall better.

They might get manning, but they've only got $16 million in cap room after this trade, so it's doubtful they can get Wayne and Saturday as well.

But giving up Marshall makes Miami less appealing for Manning, if you ask me. If I were him, I'd be far more inclined to go to, say, the Titans because they have Kenny Britt and Nate Washington along with Chris Johnson. That's a nice core of skill position players.

They might get manning, but they've only got $16 million in cap room after this trade, so it's doubtful they can get Wayne and Saturday as well.

But giving up Marshall makes Miami less appealing for Manning, if you ask me. If I were him, I'd be far more inclined to go to, say, the Titans because they have Kenny Britt and Nate Washington along with Chris Johnson. That's a nice core of skill position players.

I think you may be right. Based on a Miami Herald article Dolphins had dipped lower than the last number I saw their cap space at. They also hinted that the Marshall trade was based on the front office deciding that he wasn't a "good fit". They might of just decided that they wanted the picks. Well damn....if they don't get Manning this is going to be another dissapointing season.

If they get Matt Flynn I swear I'm going to be in a very bad mood for months.

Yeah I really think the dolphins are out of it. I think arizona is going to be. The only two contenders are denver and the titans.

If they get Matt Flynn I swear I'm going to be in a very bad mood for months.

Flynn's negotiating with the Dolphins and the Browns right now, but I think that he's going to miami, myself. The Marshall trade just seems like a total rebuild move to me. I like Flynn and I think he's an improvement for them.

I bet they then pull a draft day shocker by either trading up to get Blackmon or trading down in order to get Malcolm Floyd as well as an extra third rounder.

The Bears also just agreed to terms with Jason Cambell as a backup to Cutler. After seeing Caleb Hanie **** up the bears shot at the playoffs last year, I love this move.

The Bears also just agreed to terms with Jason Cambell as a backup to Cutler. After seeing Caleb Hanie **** up the bears shot at the playoffs last year, I love this move.

Poor Hanie, he played well in that one playoff game. I thought he could be ok....but damn did he stink it up. Still, I wanted him to succeed.

Flynn's negotiating with the Dolphins and the Browns right now, but I think that he's going to miami, myself. The Marshall trade just seems like a total rebuild move to me. I like Flynn and I think he's an improvement for them.

I don't like the move at all....you basically trade away a known top WR in the league for 2 3rd round draft picks. If it was due to Manning I'd like it. It's starting to point more and more towards Manning not going to Miami.

I'm not a big fan of Flynn yet. He had one big game surrounded by a Super Bowl Caliber team against a banged up Lions secondary. Don't get me wrong...passing 460 yards is impressive by any measure but this wouldn't be the first time someone came out and flinged for big yards for a game...hell there's people like Cassel and Scott Mitchell that had Pro Bowl type seasons and crashed and burned. Not to mention...there's such a high premium on QB's since the top QB's are pretty much locked up in the draft that someone like Flynn will get a ridiculous salary? Please. Philbin has worked with him at Green Bay so he'd know best but this move is sucky suck suck.

I bet they then pull a draft day shocker by either trading up to get Blackmon or trading down in order to get Malcolm Floyd as well as an extra third rounder.

I love Blackmon...I also think Alshon Jeffries will be a beast but at the same time....trading away a known quantity to roll the dice in replace that player with a drafted player? Maybe if you're a team that could deal with a bust like the Pat/Steelers/GB etc. The Dolphins have some big holes to fill and they just created another.

I honestly rather stick with Matt Moore than bring in Flynn.

Back
Top Bottom