• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Be very very worried about the real WMD - Global Warming

Kelzie said:
[mod mode]

People, I'm begging you. Please stop commenting on other posters. Please. Just focus on their posts. Pretty please. And jfuh, from what I can see it started with you.

Though DeeJay I've got my eye on you too. :naughty

[/mod mode]

:3oops:

actually i think you have your eye on me cause i sit here typing in a thong
:2sick1:

DeeJayH said:
:3oops:

actually i think you have your eye on me cause i sit here typing in a thong
:2sick1:

:lol: Am I that transparent. I shall have to work on that.;)

jfuh said:
There's nothing imaginary about global warming. You clearly do not understand or are unwilling to accept the realities of the science behind Global warming.
I suggest you read over the 2nd source in post #1 of this thread.
Also, stop your cowardly evasion of the question I posted to you and answer it.
Science? What science? I read the link, and it didn't give the data to support their opinions. I'm not saying that their opinions weren't based on data, but we'd like to see that data.

jfuh said:
It's rediculous to ask of the percentage of greenhouse gas that is CO2 because all greenhouse gases have a feed back loop. Not to mention the insulating effect of each gas is varied.
Around 36~70% of green house gas are water vapor where as 9~26% is carbon dioxide. However the insulation effect of carbon dioxide is nearly 200 times that of water. Just to indulge you however here's a source

Another dumb question. It doesn't matter what percentage is being caused by humans, what matters is that human burning of fossil fuel is contributing to increases in greenhouse gases. See same source as above.
Thank you for that data. I hope you realize that they didn't say that CO2 makes up 9-26% of greenhouse gases. They said that CO2 accounts for 9-26% of the greenhouse effect, which means that they already accounted for the fact that it's 200 x more insular.

Why would you call it a dumb question? I think it's very important to know how much of the CO2 increase is caused by humans, unless you're planning on attacking the natural sources of CO2. What if humans are only responsible for 1% of that increase? 1% of 9% is 0.09%. What price are you willing to pay to bring 0.09% to 0.07%?

jfuh said:
99.99%, see source #1 and #2 post 1 of this thread.
I read those sources. They didn't say anything like that. Did you read them?

jfuh said:
Irrelevant

Global warming is not about conservatives vs liberals. It's about the petroleum industry vs the scientists (souce #1 post #1), it's about all of humanity vs our own greed.
You can hype all you want about partisan politics on this matter, or you can read the sources which I've provided and evaluate for yourself of thier authenticity.
All in all I'm going to ask you a simple question that I've been trying to get a simple answer from those that oppose the science.
Do you deny the direct correlation between carbon dioxide and global warming? A simple yes or no will suffice.
I have no problem answering your question. Yes, I do believe that higher CO2 levels = increased global warming, assuming that everything else remains constant, but that's not really a direct correlation, so maybe I should say no. Why don't you answer my question? Did you trade in your car for a bicycle? Ofcourse the question is only half serious, so let me put it a different way. What do you drive? How much do you drive it?

jfuh said:
Very well then, here's an actual scientific report if you would like to read it. Report
Oh by the way I'm still waiting on your answer to the question I've now asked you more then once.
That's a very long report. Why don't you just quote the part that supports your theories?

mpg said:
I read those sources. They didn't say anything like that. Did you read them?
oh he read them
he just, knowingly or unknowingly, twists, distorts or misrepresents the 'facts' to fit his twisted ideology
just like radical islamists or radical fundies
there is no difference except in the prism of his own mind

god i go away for a whle and things are far worse than i thought....
if theres one thing i thought that there was an international consensus on it was global warming (and yes all but the axxon-of-evil funded scientists around the world are wholeheartedly agreeing on this) and the fact that this represents a threat to all humanity.... as i say god help us...apart from our barely literate friends like trajan, im amazed that there are other sceptics... why would anyone have an agenda on this issue (other than the already extremely rich who might stand to lose their position by a few percentage points)? the reason scientists are maligned by the extreme right wing corporate media is because there are a few who put their own privileged position above the general wellbeing of the planet that we all at the end of the day depend on.. the shortsighted viewpoint i expect sometimes regrettably... those who attack the effect of any preventative measure on the economy of the US are blinkered like shire-horses... do you not think the catastrophic decline in the ability of the earth to sustain 6 billiion people, that is expected by all scientists except those bought and sold by the vested interests, is going to send all of our developed world economies down the pan for the detriment of all of us working folk (but not of course for those already living in the gated elite communities)? if not, you are more misguided than one of those iraqi scuds all you yanks were going on about...

Last edited:
DeeJayH said:
oh he read them
he just, knowingly or unknowingly, twists, distorts or misrepresents the 'facts' to fit his twisted ideology
just like radical islamists or radical fundies
there is no difference except in the prism of his own mind

DeeJay, I swear to god. Not more than 8 posts ago I asked you to stop. I even said please.

Touchmaster said:
if theres one thing i thought that there was an international consensus on it was global warming (and yes all but the axxon-of-evil funded scientists around the world are wholeheartedly agreeing on this) and the fact that this represents a threat to all humanity.... as i say god help us...apart from our barely literate friends like trajan, im amazed that there is other sceptics... why would anyone have an agenda on this issue (other than the already extremely rich who might stand to lose their position by a few percentage points)? the reason scientists are maligned by the extreme right wing corporate media is because there are a few who put their own privileged position above the general wellbeing of the planet that we all at the end of the day depend on.. the shortsighted viewpoint i expect sometimes regrettably... those who attack the effect of any preventative measure on the economy of the US are blinkered like shire-horses... do you not think the catastrophic decline in the ability of the earth to sustain 6 billiion people, that is expected by all scientists except those bought and sold by the vested interests, is going to send all of our developed world economies down the pan for the detriment of all of us working folk (but not of course for those already living in the gated elite communities)? if not, you are more misguided than one of those iraqi scuds all you yanks were going on about...
If all that is so widely accepted, then why has noone posted the evidence during 11 pages of debate?

Kelzie said:
DeeJay, I swear to god. Not more than 8 posts ago I asked you to stop. I even said please.

and i did read it and tried to accomodate
I did not feel what i typed in what you quoted was a personal attack but an attack on his perception of issues and misrepresentation
I thought that difference was sufficient
but if not, i will accomodate you/the board rules/etc... as best i can
beleive it or not, i do bite my tongue on alot of things
and i do not post on some subjects because i find the dialogue to be more educational than if i stuck in my ignant :twocents:

mpg said:
If all that is so widely accepted, then why has noone posted the evidence during 11 pages of debate?

i can assure you that noone outside of your godforsaken country (sorry to all proper patriotic americans, i know there are some left) doubts this these days, but i will be back tomorrow with plenty, ive got to go to bed due to UK times...

DeeJayH said:
and i did read it and tried to accomodate
I did not feel what i typed in what you quoted was a personal attack but an attack on his perception of issues and misrepresentation
I thought that difference was sufficient
but if not, i will accomodate you/the board rules/etc... as best i can
beleive it or not, i do bite my tongue on alot of things
and i do not post on some subjects because i find the dialogue to be more educational than if i stuck in my ignant :twocents:

Here's a rule I try my best to use. If something I'm about to post is about a fellow poster, and not his argument, I don't hit submit. And insulting a poster through their argument is cheating (ie. only an idiot would make an argument like that). Sound good? :2wave:

Kelzie said:
Here's a rule I try my best to use. If something I'm about to post is about a fellow poster, and not his argument, I don't hit submit. And insulting a poster through their argument is cheating (ie. only an idiot would make an argument like that). Sound good? :2wave:
fair enough:(

Touchmaster said:
i can assure you that noone outside of your godforsaken country (sorry to all proper patriotic americans, i know there are some left) doubts this these days, but i will be back tomorrow with plenty, ive got to go to bed due to UK times...
When I wake up tomorrow morning, I'll check to see if you posted some relative data.

UPDATE/README: I see that others are complaining that we have veered off topic, and I would agree with them. If you want to continue this, reply with the thread you want to move it to and we can pick it up there.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
No the 9-11 Commission stated very clearly that there was a connection between Al-Qaeda and Iraq just not between Iraq and 9-11 two different things A and B skippy. I can tell that by posting articles instead of passages from the actual 9-11 Commisssion report that you have not read the report have you? I've got my own copy and I found a searchable one on the net so bring it skippy. I also no about Salmon Pak, do you know what that is? No you don't because you get your news and information from Al-Franken and Michael Moore.

I skipped through the report. To me it was a shame anyways. If you got the cites to prove mine wrong, then do send them along. I am not closed to new information. The ones I posted for you said were from the 911 commis talking about Al-qaeda, not just 911. If you are so proud of owning your own copy of something that was free on the Internet, use it and give me a reference.

LMFAO what do you think Al-Qaeda wants to create? They want an even more radical Islamic dictatorship if you think they want freedom then you're nuts. They want a pan-Islamic empire based on the tennants of Sayyid Qutb, the Islamic Brotherhood, and Jahiliyya. Do you know who that is? No I didn't think that you did.

They want Islamic societies - I never said they wanted freedom. What I did say that part of their problem with the US is US support of Saud. They want societies like the US ally Saudi Arabia, but without the US ally part.

Don't try to get fancy with your Islamic words, quoting specific sects doesn't change the fact that less involvement in the ME would lead to less strength in Al-Qaeda. And it doesn't change the fact that energy demands in the US feed money to the enemy in this war on terror. And to connect it back to the subject at hand, if the US would reduce its energy consumption, then they wouldn't have to fund both sides of the war with no end.

No because he fermented an alliance with Al-Qaeda which is well documented.

Yes, please provide any information that says that Saddam aided the base in anyway more relevent than the deal between the royals and mullahs in Arabia that kept the crown in power and the anti-west hatred in the school. The Saddam / Al-Qaeda link is nothing compared to the connections in SA.

No the difference is that Saddam is an ally of Al-Qaeda while Saudi Arabia is Al-Qaeda's sworn enemy, does the line: "if you're not with us you're against us," not get through to you? How about: "if you harbor terrorists you will be considered a terrorist." Saddam Hussein was actively training thousands of Islamic Radicals at Salmon-Pak.

Declaration of "if you not with us ... blah blah blah" didn't seem to make a difference for the tribal regions in Pakistan which are way more relevent to the base than Iraq. To bad there was no oil there.

Yes I suggest you start by studying Islam and the region it would save us all alot of time. I suggest the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict for starters, also, the history of modern Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Libya, and work your way into the House of Saud and Wahhabism and then you will just begin to have an inkling of what I know about the region.

You seem very proud of yourself, but you don't impress me at all with your knowledge. You may think that it is because I am a lefty tree hugging commie (which I am not in anyway), but it is because you don't make compelling arguments or show any kind of backup to your claims; therefore don't have much crediability from my point of view. There are those on your side I would take direction on where to research from, but you are not one of them. Thanks anyway.

PS) for example suggesting that I get all my info from Mike Moore and Al Franken, shows (as I said in direct reply to that statement) you say things that you have no way of knowing or backup (cause they are not true), and you assert them as if they are fact.

Last edited:
I really don't feel like re-reading an entire semester of oceanography but I can assure you that they don't because I have studied them:

St Petersburg CollegeFall 2004

BUL2241Business Law B

College Algebra A

OCE2001Introduction To Oceanog A

Oceonography Laboratory B

World Religions A

Attempted: 13Earned: 13GPA Hours: 13Quality Points: 48GPA: 3.69
How is showing your report card of basic science courses anyway respresentative of your claim. For that matter your research paper is hardly on par with the sources I've presented.

I deny the claim that global warming would go away if we cut down our fossil fuel consumption yes.
I'm not asking your take on whether it will go away or not. I don't understand why it is that you have so much difficulty answering such a simple question. So please, stop :spin: and just answer the question that I've now asked for the nth time.

Ya so are asteroids.

and the reason why you're waiting is because you don't read all of the posts.
THere is a way to prevent bombardment from astroids. You launch a nuke at it. Any other questions? Now can you stay on topic?
I've read all your former posts and I have not seen any answer to the simple yes or no question which I've asked you many times now. Only more evasionist remarks.

DeeJayH said:
the fact that you are chicken little running around screaming about the sky falling due to CO2
yet the fact that you use a fossil fuel guzzling auto is irrelevant?
you are a joke, just like your posts
wish this was in the basement because you need a reality check you pseudo-environmentalist
:eek:t and :flame:

mpg said:
I have no problem answering your question. Yes, I do believe that higher CO2 levels = increased global warming, assuming that everything else remains constant, but that's not really a direct correlation, so maybe I should say no. Why don't you answer my question? Did you trade in your car for a bicycle? Ofcourse the question is only half serious, so let me put it a different way. What do you drive? How much do you drive it?
VW Golf TDI ~50mile/gal. The relevance of this is? Trying to place me as a hypocrite for driving and not being the "treehugging" environmentalists that republican neo-cons try to portray environmentalists? You're attemt to discredit me that way is not going to work. As I've stated this is not about us against them, not about liberals against conservatives. This is a very serious problem that the petroleum industry has succesfully discredited with use of the tree hugging hippy.

If you have further doubt about the direct correlation of CO2 with global warming look no further then data from the vostok Ice cores from antarctica. In past history each time there was a spike in CO2 global temperatures also spiked.

mpg said:
That's a very long report. Why don't you just quote the part that supports your theories?
I have, that's what I've done in this post. The Time magazine article is essentially a summary of the entire report.

Touchmaster said:
if theres one thing i thought that there was an international consensus on it was global warming (and yes all but the axxon-of-evil funded scientists around the world are wholeheartedly agreeing on this) and the fact that this represents a threat to all humanity.... as i say god help us...apart from our barely literate friends like trajan, im amazed that there are other sceptics... why would anyone have an agenda on this issue (other than the already extremely rich who might stand to lose their position by a few percentage points)? the reason scientists are maligned by the extreme right wing corporate media is because there are a few who put their own privileged position above the general wellbeing of the planet that we all at the end of the day depend on.. the shortsighted viewpoint i expect sometimes regrettably... those who attack the effect of any preventative measure on the economy of the US are blinkered like shire-horses... do you not think the catastrophic decline in the ability of the earth to sustain 6 billiion people, that is expected by all scientists except those bought and sold by the vested interests, is going to send all of our developed world economies down the pan for the detriment of all of us working folk (but not of course for those already living in the gated elite communities)? if not, you are more misguided than one of those iraqi scuds all you yanks were going on about...
:agree Finally some sense in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom