• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Be careful with that library card

Caine said:
Im unaware of this situation, and I'd rather not trust the word of someone who so obviously is full of hate at "liberals" and dodges questions by making new accusations.

If you are unaware then I suggest you get aware or not try to discuss it and if you think dropping the "hate" bomb bouy's post you are grossely mistaken.

I disagree that executive orders of past presidents mean anything with this situation, as new laws apply, etc, etc,

These aren't "executive orders" as I have clearly shown the courts have consistently ruled these are CONSTITUTIONAL powers of the president and congress cannot legislate that away with a new law.

Obviously Congress INCLUDING Republicans tend to think its worth looking into as well.

Congress thinks that anything that will give them political gain is "worth looking into"

Also, Lots of people can make statements, doesn't mean they are true right?

I'm cite courts and people who are authoritative in the matter, who are you citing?

Here again from the Deputy Attorney General

"The Department of Justice believes, and the case law supports, that the president has inherent authority to conduct warrantless physical searches for foreign intelligence purposes,..............and that the President may, as has been done, delegate this authority to the Attorney General." "It is important to understand............that the rules and methodology for criminal searches are inconsistent with the collection of foreign intelligence and would unduly frustrate the president in carrying out his foreign intelligence responsibilities."

Didn't Rumsfeld...............

Has ntohing to do with this.

I don't trust statements from anyone involved in this Administration.

What about the statement above? How about Griffin Bell from the Carter administartion? How about every court that has ruled on this?

Back
Top Bottom