• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Be careful with that library card

The big deal is that it's all on the table. Here's a list of some of the American groups that have been spied on:

Vegans (look out Kelzie!)
Quakers
Librartians
Environmentalists
Gays
Greenpeace

Imagine if the shoe were on the foot and President Joe Dem. was illegally spying on the NRA, The Christian Coalition or the RNC.

hipsterdufus said:
The big deal is that it's all on the table. Here's a list of some of the American groups that have been spied on:

Quakers
Librartians
Environmentalists
Gays
Greenpeace

Imagine if the shoe were on the foot and President Joe Dem. was illegally spying on the NRA, The Christian Coalition or the RNC.

/Retarded Conservative Mode/

huh.. huh.... uhhhh... but those people you talked about aren't christian conservatives, they don't kiss Bush's ass they deserve to be spied on... uhhhh... huh... huh.....they are 'dirty liberals' uhhh...huh...huh.......
Clinton, Kennedy, Murtha, Kerry.

/Retarded Conservative Mode/

Stace said:
Well, actually, according to a little research (remember, I was only about 7 or 8 at the time), they actually went after Robert Bork's video rental records.

And Thomas, you sir who accuse others of not substantiating their post or posting false information are certainly engaging in that now.

They just accused Thomas of sexual harrassment - remember the name Anita Hill?

And the fact that he read Playboy Magazine. The Democrats had a tizzy over that and yes they tried to get his book purchases and his video rentals.

Of course we also have Sen. Schumers staff going after Shelby Steeles Social Security number and then getting his private banking records fishing for dirt. Where is the outrage over that.

But here we have the president acting perfectly under the law to go after terrorist and the left is trying to misrepersent it for thier own political gain.

Reps went after Clinton's nominee for Attorney General, Zoe Baird. But ok, they were right to do it, 'cause she did have illegal aliens working as her nanny and chauffeur.

The Rep's didn't do that, Clinton himself did that to her.

Lani Guinier? She was Clinton's nom for Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights. Reps shut her down by launching a media campaign saying she was "anti-Constitutional" and "a quota queen".

Which has nothing to do with the core issue here, why are you trying to post specious statements as if that proves your point?

hipsterdufus said:

Quakers
Librartians
Environmentalists
Gays
Greenpeace

Ahhh, they were. And BTW the FBI monitors all sorts of groups, always has. Especially if they are associating with groups which are perpetrating violence and anarchy like what we see at the WTO meetings.

Stinger said:
And Thomas, you sir who accuse others of not substantiating their post or posting false information are certainly engaging in that now.

And the fact that he read Playboy Magazine. The Democrats had a tizzy over that and yes they tried to get his book purchases and his video rentals.

Of course we also have Sen. Schumers staff going after Shelby Steeles Social Security number and then getting his private banking records fishing for dirt. Where is the outrage over that.

But here we have the president acting perfectly under the law to go after terrorist and the left is trying to misrepersent it for thier own political gain.

Which has nothing to do with the core issue here, why are you trying to post specious statements as if that proves your point?

Do you have any proof of any of this garbage????

I have yet to see you make a credible claim, so I can't trust your word.

Stinger said:

First of all, I'm a ma'am, not a sir.

How is that false information? Go look up Robert Bork. He's the guy that was nominated BEFORE Thomas.

Not the point.

Again, not the point.

Not really, but ok. Funny how you say "the left" when there are Republicans that have already publicly stated that they don't support this. Funny how a judge nominated to the "secret" FISA court has now resigned because he doesn't think that Bush was within his legal limits. Funny how they're going to have hearings over this.....why have hearings if he's so clearly within his legal limits?

Actually, she did it to herself more than anyone, but again, you're missing the whole point.

Hmm, perhaps because I was picking with cnredd? I wasn't trying to prove any point, other than to say that both parties do some shady things, and most people around here would realize that pretty quickly.

Stace said:
but I was doing it in a fun, loving manner!!!

:2grouphug
That's what they all say...

"I killed my husband, your honor...I did it because I loved him"...:2wave:

cnredd said:
That's what they all say...

"I killed my husband, your honor...I did it because I loved him"...:2wave:

Well fine, don't believe me.....:boohoo:

Stace said:
Well fine, don't believe me.....:boohoo:
Hey!...

If you think you're gonna pull that "I'm an innocent little girl" routine on a big brute like me, let me just say...

"It works."...:3oops:

Caine said:
Do you have any proof of any of this garbage????

I have yet to see you make a credible claim, so I can't trust your word.

You have yet to refute anything I have posted. These items are historical and common knowledge, I'm not here to do your homework for you.

cnredd said:
Hey!...

If you think you're gonna pull that "I'm an innocent little girl" routine on a big brute like me, let me just say...

"It works."...:3oops:

So we're good now? :smile:

Stinger said:
You have yet to refute anything I have posted. These items are historical and common knowledge, I'm not here to do your homework for you.

LOL.. im not talking about refuting you, you have to back up wild assertions if you expect for someone to believe something as "historical common knowledge"

The only thing I have yet to see you post was something from an Opinion Column of the Wall Street Journal.

Stace said:
First of all, I'm a ma'am, not a sir.

Thank you for clearing that up, ma'am.

How is that false information? Go look up Robert Bork. He's the guy that was nominated BEFORE Thomas.

I didn't say that was false.

Not the point.

It is preciesly the point, he read Playboy and the Dems get upset when government looks into what we read except when it suits their agenda.

Again, not the point.

Again the point, what's the difference between government snooping into library records or video records?

Not really, but ok. Funny how you say "the left" when there are Republicans that have already publicly stated that they don't support this.

Because those specific Republicans lean to the left but the greater noise is coming from the left, do you deny that fact?

Funny how a judge nominated to the "secret" FISA court has now resigned because he doesn't think that Bush was within his legal limits.

He has every right to do so, but his action does not change the facts.

Funny how they're going to have hearings over this.....why have hearings if he's so clearly within his legal limits?

How does that negate the court rulings, the constitution and the findings of every AG and President beforehand.

I have posted several times the statements of all of the above. I can post the Executive Orders of Clinton and Carter authorizing just such surveilence. And all you can do to rebut is post silly rhetorical questions. Try rebutting with actual facts.

Why have hearings, because the Democrats want to demogog and misrepresent the issue and try to smear Bush so they can regain power. That is dangerous and harms our national interest. It is a total waste of time and energy.

Actually, she did it to herself more than anyone, but again, you're missing the whole point.

Hmm, perhaps because I was picking with cnredd? I wasn't trying to prove any point, other than to say that both parties do some shady things, and most people around here would realize that pretty quickly.[/quote]

Stace said:
So we're good now? :smile:
Always were...:2wave:

BTW - I'm always good...Especially when I'm bad...:cool:

Caine said:
LOL.. im not talking about refuting you, you have to back up wild assertions if you expect for someone to believe something as "historical common knowledge"

"Wild Assertions"? Which do you claim are "Wild Assertions"? And just so I will know how to respond are you saying you are unaware of the Thomas/video issue or are you saying it is untrue?

The only thing I have yet to see you post was something from an Opinion Column of the Wall Street Journal.

And editorial writing from the Wall Street Journal with the specific court case cited and the specific FISA ruling cited. Now can you or can't you refute it. I have also posted the statement of the Deputy Attorney General, again unrefutted. I can post the Executive Orders of Clinton and Carter if you like.

My question is why don't you know this anyway.

cnredd said:

;)

At least SOMEONE around here likes me.....seems like everyone else hates me today.

cnredd said:

Believe him.....and he is very, very bad. ;)

Stinger said:
"Wild Assertions"? Which do you claim are "Wild Assertions"? And just so I will know how to respond are you saying you are unaware of the Thomas/video issue or are you saying it is untrue?
Im unaware of this situation, and I'd rather not trust the word of someone who so obviously is full of hate at "liberals" and dodges questions by making new accusations.

And editorial writing from the Wall Street Journal with the specific court case cited and the specific FISA ruling cited. Now can you or can't you refute it. I have also posted the statement of the Deputy Attorney General, again unrefutted. I can post the Executive Orders of Clinton and Carter if you like.
I disagree that executive orders of past presidents mean anything with this situation, as new laws apply, etc, etc, Obviously Congress INCLUDING Republicans tend to think its worth looking into as well.
Also, Lots of people can make statements, doesn't mean they are true right? Didn't Rumsfeld prove that to us when he said he "KNOWS" that Iraq has WMD? Didn't Clinton prove that to us when he said, "I did NOT have Sexual Relations with that woman". Didn't Bush prove that when in April of 04 when he said that all "wiretapping" is regulated by court order. Then turns around and this year says he doesn't need it?

I don't trust statements from anyone involved in this Administration.

Stace said:
;)

At least SOMEONE around here likes me.....seems like everyone else hates me today.

LOL... Thats because your a free thinker, and don't let the GOP think for you.

Stace said:
;)

Does somebody need a hug? :kissy:

Back
Top Bottom