• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Be careful with that library card

cnredd said:
Just me?...Or are these two sentences placed next to each other the most hypocritical thing you've ever seen?...:roll:

Nope. Stinger was trying to make it sound like Dems are always doing shady stuff, I was merely pointing out that it goes both ways.

Stace said:
Nope. Stinger was trying to make it sound like Dems are always doing shady stuff, I was merely pointing out that it goes both ways.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I think some Republicans on this site assume that we are ignorant to the fact that Democrats are also shady.
We admit this freely, they attack and never admit that it goes both ways.

steen said:
One major reason we immigrated from Denmark was that the Government was to controlling. My Dad's saying pretty much explains it all. He would rather be a hungry wolf than a fat, chained dog.

Get the government out of our private lives instead of keeping us "safe" by controlling every aspect of our lives.

You know, I find it scarry that I, a liberal, need to explain this to a conservative. That is a sad testement to what has happened to the conservatives and the republicans.:(

What's sad is that your intelligence level allowed you to think you had to explain your paranoia. What is also scarry is that you actually think that the Government "controlls every aspect of your life." Perhaps you should spend more time reading about American Government and stop whining about a 4 or 8 year max tenure that your life will be "controlled" by any President. Perhaps you should go back to Denmark so that your "Dad" can present to you a "controlling" government and you can better appreciate the freedoms that my government provides.

....and last I checked....I'm not a registered Republican. I vote for the best man...not what my political masters demand.

steen said:
But then, MAO was from China. You can't possibly have forgotten THAT, can you? And then, Mao also has been trashed in China. In fact, nowhere do you see Mao having much intellectual or political influence. So that claim is just bogus.

What claim? I merely mentioned that we do not know all of the facts and one should consider that we don't have all of the information before we succumb to complaining and being foolish.

GySgt said:
What's sad is that your intelligence level allowed you to think you had to explain your paranoia. What is also scarry is that you actually think that the Government "controlls every aspect of your life." Perhaps you should spend more time reading about American Government and stop whining about a 4 or 8 year max tenure that your life will be "controlled" by any President. Perhaps you should go back to Denmark so that your "Dad" can present to you a "controlling" government and you can better appreciate the freedoms that my government provides.

....and last I checked....I'm not a registered Republican. I vote for the best man...not what my political masters demand.
Any book written on American Government is false compared to today's government standards.

Caine said:
Any book written on American Government is false compared to today's government standards.

Not a true statement. More complaining.

GySgt said:

And how, exactly, would that be considered a complaint? The man was just saying that he doesn't think any books on U.S. government are accurate when compared to the practices of our current administration.

Do you have any books you would recommend on the subject?

GySgt said:

Not complaining.
More brainwashed Rhetoric.

Stace said:
And how, exactly, would that be considered a complaint? The man was just saying that he doesn't think any books on U.S. government are accurate when compared to the practices of our current administration.

Do you have any books you would recommend on the subject?

Which is called complaining. His comment was mere bashing. Library's full of books on government. What I find humorous is how so many people complain about how horrible their government is with every President. It's pathetic. If I was European, I'd look down on us too.

GySgt said:
Which is called complaining. His comment was mere bashing. Library's full of books on government. What I find humorous is how so many people complain about how horrible their government is with every President. It's pathetic. If I was European, I'd look down on us too.

Just because you don't agree with the administration does not mean you're complaining, and especially not complaining about the government as a whole.

I really don't see how what he said was complaining OR bashing.....but think what you like.

I'm perfectly aware that the library is full of books on government....I asked if you had any specific ones to recommend.

Stace said:
Just because you don't agree with the administration does not mean you're complaining, and especially not complaining about the government as a whole.

I really don't see how what he said was complaining OR bashing.....but think what you like.

I'm perfectly aware that the library is full of books on government....I asked if you had any specific ones to recommend.

Ummm..... Don't let the government know your checking out books on types of government.

Caine said:
Ummm..... Don't let the government know your checking out books on types of government.

But....*looks at thread topic*..... they WOULD know. :doh

Stace said:
But....*looks at thread topic*..... they WOULD know. :doh

I would avoid books on Chinese Cookery and All-Borscht Brunches, as well. Just to be safe.

mixedmedia said:
I would avoid books on Chinese Cookery and All-Borscht Brunches, as well. Just to be safe.

Duly noted. I was also thinking that "When In France, Do As The French Do" might not be such a good idea.

Stace said:
Duly noted. I was also thinking that "When In France, Do As The French Do" might not be such a good idea.

Or My French Momma, Is Better than Your American Momma...that one's a real rabble rouser.

mixedmedia said:
Or My French Momma, Is Better than Your American Momma...that one's a real rabble rouser.

Also, watch out if you decide to check out "The Puzzle Palace : Inside America's Most Secret Intelligence Organization"

Caine said:
Also, watch out if you decide to check out "The Puzzle Palace : Inside America's Most Secret Intelligence Organization"

Heck, even Digital Fortress might raise a red flag...

I wonder if "Animal Farm" would raise suspicion?

GySgt said:
What's sad is that your intelligence level allowed you to think you had to explain your paranoia.
What's sad is that your intelligence level makes it necessary for me to explain simple things to you :2razz:

Stace said:

Well what do you call it when the Dems went after Thomas video rentals. The left is all up in arms about under very speicfic circumstances concerning terrorism that a persons library records can be sought but don't seem to have a problem going after an opponents video records.

But back to the core issue, library records have NEVER been off limits for search warrants.

Stinger said:
Well what do you call it when the Dems went after Thomas video rentals. The left is all up in arms about under very speicfic circumstances concerning terrorism that a persons library records can be sought but don't seem to have a problem going after an opponents video records.

But back to the core issue, library records have NEVER been off limits for search warrants.

Yeah, exactly, WARRANTS. Key word these days.

There's been many a Republican that's done things like going after video records and god knows what else......and if you think differently, prove me wrong.

Stace said:
Yeah, exactly, WARRANTS. Key word these days.

There's been many a Republican that's done things like going after video records and god knows what else......and if you think differently, prove me wrong.
The Democrats went after Clarence Thomas' video store rentals when up for SCOTUS...

OK...what's the next challenge?...Proving that a chick a Senator met and tried to get some died her in "an accident" when the car went over a bridge?...:2wave:

cnredd said:
The Democrats went after Clarence Thomas' video store rentals when up for SCOTUS...

OK...what's the next challenge?...Proving that a chick a Senator met and tried to get some died her in "an accident" when the car went over a bridge?...:2wave:

Well, actually, according to a little research (remember, I was only about 7 or 8 at the time), they actually went after Robert Bork's video rental records.

They just accused Thomas of sexual harrassment - remember the name Anita Hill?

Reps went after Clinton's nominee for Attorney General, Zoe Baird. But ok, they were right to do it, 'cause she did have illegal aliens working as her nanny and chauffeur.

Lani Guinier? She was Clinton's nom for Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights. Reps shut her down by launching a media campaign saying she was "anti-Constitutional" and "a quota queen".

There's some other shady stuff I found, but it's really not that big of a deal to me.....Dems do it to the Reps, the Reps turn around and do it to the Dems...and so on and so forth.....

Stace said:
There's some other shady stuff I found, but it's really not that big of a deal to me.....Dems do it to the Reps, the Reps turn around and do it to the Dems...and so on and so forth.....
If its not that big of a deal, then why post this?...

...and if you think differently, prove me wrong.

cnredd said:
If its not that big of a deal, then why post this?...

...and if you think differently, prove me wrong.

Why.....because I can!!! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom