• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Be careful with that library card

GySgt said:
You just got out of the Air Force. Let's be honest.

And what, exactly, does that have to do with anything? Military is military is military.

mixedmedia said:
I sell books over the internet, kind of hobby-like, and I have sold a copy of this little book several times. Does that make me a possible accomplice to terrorism? I think it is a question of parameters here. What is it about requesting a book about communism that makes one a possible terrorist threat?

I would say nothing. It's the repeaters with other agendas they are after. It's the Muslim that looks up Al-Queda sites repeatedly and then meets up with known terrorists. I'm sure the FBI doesn't stop at a book purchase. If there is something behind it then they'll find it. If their isn't they move on.

There are quite a few people in a America that engage in the library or the Internet. I doubt they are blanket searching the millions and millions of users. It's the ones that stand out they look at.

Caine said:
I know they don't protect us against an attack. But the fact that we have an F in Homeland Security, AND our Federal Emergency system SUCKS, goes to show that nobody really cares about Terrorism, its just a tool to keep the people's minds controlled as thier Civil Liberties are being disintegrated and the Constitution used as toilet paper.

In Bosnia, there are "some" Islamic extremist camps. We know where they are and what they do. We do not shut them down. Why? Because these are international camps of whose graduating students fly around the world. They are tracked, followed, and spied upon. They lead us to other terrorists and to other camps. They lead us to places where terror attacks are revealed before they occur. If we were to shut them down, more camps would pop up in unkown places where we would no longer be able to gather intel. When you see in the news and cry about how bad it is that there are "secret" prison camps in Europe....guess who is in them? People that we know to be a trained terrorist, but have not done anything. This info is not known on a public scale, but it is considered less than "Secret," so I shared it. Our "official" role in Bosnia is for "humanitarian" purposes.

Keep in mind that this is just Bosnia. Our intel world covers the planet and includes areas within our own borders. Like I said....how little you know, but how quick you are to bash.

GySgt said:
In Bosnia, there are "some" Islamic extremist camps. We know where they are and what they do. We do not shut them down. Why? Because these are international camps of whose graduating students fly around the world. They are tracked, followed, and spied upon. They lead us to other terrorists and to other camps. They lead us to places where terror attacks are revealed before they occur. If we were to shut them down, more camps would pop up in unkown places where we would no longer be able to gather intel. When you see in the news and cry about how bad it is that there are "secret" prison camps in Europe....guess who is in them? People that we know to be a trained terrorist, but have not done anything. This info is not known on a public scale, but it is considered less than "Secret," so I shared it. Our "official" role in Bosnia is for "humanitarian" purposes.

Keep in mind that this is just Bosnia. Our intel world covers the planet and includes areas within our own borders. Like I said....how little you know, but how quick you are to bash.

Okay, tell me where you got this information then.

GySgt said:
It's my job to know a lot more than this.

Okay... sure...

GySgt said:
I would say nothing. It's the repeaters with other agendas they are after. It's the Muslim that looks up Al-Queda sites repeatedly and then meets up with known terrorists. I'm sure the FBI doesn't stop at a book purchase. If there is something behind it then they'll find it. If their isn't they move on.

There are quite a few people in a America that engage in the library or the Internet. I doubt they are blanket searching the millions and millions of users. It's the ones that stand out they look at.

Perhaps, but if the originating story that started this thread is to be believed then there is obviously something more going on than a search for terrorists. Why would a university student requesting a copy of The Little Red Book be questioned assuming that what you say above is true? There is certainly no love lost between fundamentalist Muslims and communists. The differences in their agendas are far and wide.

Caine said:
Okay... sure...

....and this is why I get frustrated talking with the Internet detectives. Nothing is real without a link.:roll:

mixedmedia said:
Perhaps, but if the originating story that started this thread is to be believed then there is obviously something more going on than a search for terrorists. Why would a university student requesting a copy of The Little Red Book be questioned assuming that what you say above is true? There is certainly no love lost between fundamentalist Muslims and communists. The differences in their agendas are far and wide.

Don't know, but that is the question. "Why would a student requesting a copy of "The Little Red Book" be questioned?" I'm sure there is more to it, or they just simply made a mistake. Mistakes are bound to happen.

Russia is in bed with Iran.

GySgt said:
....and this is why I get frustrated talking with the Internet detectives. Nothing is real without a link.:roll:

LOL... With people who have been blatently proven wrong like Navy Pride, do you blame me?

GySgt said:
Don't know, but that is the question. "Why would a student requesting a copy of "The Little Red Book" be questioned?" I'm sure there is more to it, or they just simply made a mistake. Mistakes are bound to happen.

Ooohhh....sounds kinky. :lol:

Sorry, I'm all business till someone mentions bed. :mrgreen:

mixedmedia said:

Focus, mixedmedia, focus!! We need you to keep a clear head!!! :lol:

mixedmedia said:

Stace said:
Focus, mixedmedia, focus!! We need you to keep a clear head!!! :lol:

bed....head...............................................

cnredd...;)

cnredd said:
bed....head...............................................

cnredd...;)

You're really not helping here.....you do know that, right? :doh

mixedmedia said:

I'll keep that in mind.

Stace said:
You're really not helping here.....you do know that, right? :doh
I guess that all depends on your definition of "help"...:cool:

Sorry, folks....as you were.....

hmmm, yes the government eavesdropping on our library consumption...yes.....I'm paying attention.

mixedmedia said:
Sorry, folks....as you were.....

hmmm, yes the government eavesdropping on our library consumption...yes.....I'm paying attention.
Yes...

I think that (bed) the government should be (bed) doing something about (bed) this very important (bed) issue...:2wave:

cnredd said:
Yes...

I think that (bed) the government should be (bed) doing something about (bed) this very important (bed) issue...

:rofl :rofl :rofl:

anybody heading towards Philly? I think I may need a ride. :mrgreen:

GySgt said:
The Patriot Act couldn't be to make us more secure......it's all about Bush usurping our established Government and taking over as Emperor. Sounds to me that we aren't the one's believing in a "Boogeyman."
One major reason we immigrated from Denmark was that the Government was to controlling. My Dad's saying pretty much explains it all. He would rather be a hungry wolf than a fat, chained dog.

Get the government out of our private lives instead of keeping us "safe" by controlling every aspect of our lives.

You know, I find it scarry that I, a liberal, need to explain this to a conservative. That is a sad testement to what has happened to the conservatives and the republicans.:(

GySgt said:

But then, MAO was from China. You can't possibly have forgotten THAT, can you? And then, Mao also has been trashed in China. In fact, nowhere do you see Mao having much intellectual or political influence. So that claim is just bogus.

Stace said:
I don't doubt that it happened. It's common knowledge that under the Patriot Act, government officials can look up any of our information, including library records.

And they have to report it to congress and not one report has been disclosed and I can well imagine that Pelosi et al would be running it up the flag pole if they had it. As far as this story, an unamed student who gives no details tells two professors this absurd story. Our enemies are not waving Mao's book, they wave the Koran.

And BTW library records could always be supened along with what books you purchase or video tapes your rent. Heck the Democrats go after that without ANY legal authority remember Clarence Thomas and how they tried to get his rentals at the video store?

Last edited:
Stace said:
Well, I don't think my library records.....or the results of my last pap smear.....or my cousin calling me from Sweden....is any of their business. That's all I'm sayin'. :mrgreen:

How about if you had known Al qaeda ties and the call was coming from Pakistan from a number we knew was in the hands of Al qaeda and you were not a citizen here but an alien? Would it then be any of their business?

Stinger said:
And they have to report it to congress and not one report has been disclosed and I can well imagine that Pelosi et al would be running it up the flag pole if they had it. As far as this story, an unamed student who gives no details tells two professors this absurd story. Our enemies are not waving Mao's book, they wave the Koran.

And BTW library records could always be supened along with what books you purchase or video tapes your rent. Heck the Democrats go after that without ANY legal authority remember Clarence Thomas and how they tried to get his rentals at the video store?

blah blah blah....I know all of this. I'm not even the one that brought up anything about Mao, so I don't even see how that's pertinent to me.....

And why's this gotta turn into partisan crap? Republicans can be very shady creatures, too, ya know.

Stace said:
And why's this gotta turn into partisan crap? Republicans can be very shady creatures, too, ya know.
Just me?...Or are these two sentences placed next to each other the most hypocritical thing you've ever seen?...:roll:

Back
Top Bottom