• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BBC: "Russian" news channel RT broke TV impartiality rules

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
great news finally, can TV.ru propagandacondoms still act freely in your country ?

Kiselev.jpg

"News channel RT, formerly known as Russia Today, broke TV impartiality rules in seven programmes after the Salisbury nerve agent attacks, UK media watchdog Ofcom has ruled.

Ofcom may now fine the station for its reporting in the aftermath of the poisoning of Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia.

The seven breaches took place over six weeks between 17 March and 26 April.

RT said it was "extremely disappointed by Ofcom's conclusions".

It described them as "almost all self-initiated investigations into RT by the regulator", adding: "We operate under rules outlined by the regulator, and always strive to abide by them."

Ofcom said RT had failed to give due weight to a wide range of voices on a matter of major political controversy. It called the breaches "a serious failure of compliance"."

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46633082

great news finally, can TV.ru propagandacondoms still act freely in your country ?

Kiselev.jpg

"News channel RT, formerly known as Russia Today, broke TV impartiality rules in seven programmes after the Salisbury nerve agent attacks, UK media watchdog Ofcom has ruled.

Ofcom may now fine the station for its reporting in the aftermath of the poisoning of Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia.

It described them as "almost all self-initiated investigations into RT by the regulator", adding: "We operate under rules outlined by the regulator, and always strive to abide by them."

Ofcom said RT had failed to give due weight to a wide range of voices on a matter of major political controversy. It called the breaches "a serious failure of compliance"."

Britain's government ran news outlet doesn't like Russia's government ran news outlet being allowed to broadcast in the UK. Yet if you actually watch RT for any amount of time, you recognize that it allows for adequate discussion of both sides of many issues (left & right) which the BBC rarely allows.

RT also reports facts which are omitted from the reporting of other news organizations. Case in point: while Western news companies were still lying about the real motives for the Yellow Vest protests in France, RT was listing the actual grievances of the protestors, chief being Macron's ties to banking and big business.

I would bet that most of RT's critics in the West have never really spent much time actually watching the daily broadcasts on the station.

Britain's government ran news outlet doesn't like Russia's government ran news outlet being allowed to broadcast in the UK. Yet if you actually watch RT for any amount of time, you recognize that it allows for adequate discussion of both sides of many issues (left & right) which the BBC rarely allows.

RT also reports facts which are omitted from the reporting of other news organizations. Case in point: while Western news companies were still lying about the real motives for the Yellow Vest protests in France, RT was listing the actual grievances of the protestors, chief being Macron's ties to banking and big business.

I would bet that most of RT's critics in the West have never really spent much time actually watching the daily broadcasts on the station.
you are a putlerist but i just wonder, do far -right and radical left understand that Muscovite propagandacondoms play them against each other ?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...ng-kremlin-propaganda-channel-rt-russia-today

Of course you would stand up for a Russian propaganda tv show. What am I not surprised?

Of course you would stand up for a Russian propaganda tv show. What am I not surprised?

Because I've actually given RT more than a cursory glance or two. Are you aware they have 1 hour programs hosted by liberals, progressives, conservatives, and libertarians? Imagine that, a cable news channel that includes everyone. Must be unMurican.

I watched RT on cable for a while, mostly for ****s and giggles. Their anti-American bias was plain to see, and as a news source it was actually pretty useless.

What do you call this-

I call that distress at seeing the country that I live being saddled with a corrupt, pathologically lying, tyrannical, bullying sociopath as president, one who i fear is doing great harm to this country.

I call that distress at seeing the country that I live being saddled with a corrupt, pathologically lying, tyrannical, bullying sociopath as president, one who i fear is doing great harm to this country.
Slenderfella peacefully surrendered his power at the end of his regime, so chill. That was back in 2016 already. Yano?

Because I've actually given RT more than a cursory glance or two. Are you aware they have 1 hour programs hosted by liberals, progressives, conservatives, and libertarians? Imagine that, a cable news channel that includes everyone. Must be unMurican.

Yea, well the problem is the constant Russian propaganda being pushed down your throat. And yes I have watched RT enough to see said propaganda and their dishonest attempts to seem legit.

Kiselev.jpg

American media is absolutely overjoyed that the UK rules don't operate in the USA.

People who love the USA don't disrespect its flag. And Hillary Clinton is every bit as corrupt, dishonest, & sociopathic as Trump is, if not more so. The difference is she's better at hiding all that behind a public facade. So complaining about getting Trump as your president on those grounds, and disrespecting the flag because he's President, is silly.

I can't answer for Birdzeye, but I call it my flag, and that's how I've been flying it since Trump was elected.

You fly the American flag upright or inverted based on whether you like the outcome of an election? Wow, snowflake doesn't begin to describe this.

Yea, well the problem is the constant Russian propaganda being pushed down your throat. And yes I have watched RT enough to see said propaganda and their dishonest attempts to seem legit.

All news contains propaganda now. The NYT shilled for the invasion of Iraq by US forces, which to date has killed hundreds of thousands of humans, including 4500 Americans, and left the door open for ISIS. I guess NYT are shameless propaganda peddlers too, right?

You fly the American flag upright or inverted based on whether you like the outcome of an election? Wow, snowflake doesn't begin to describe this.

No, I fly it as a symbol of my country being in distress, as was intended.

Kiselev.jpg

Pretty scary that regulators in the UK can basically tell you what you have to show on television. It might be RT today but these regulations can be greatly abused.

No, I fly it as a symbol of my country being in distress, as was intended.

'I'm in a state of distress= the country I'm from is in a state of distress.'

The truth is, most Americans have gone on with their lives since Trump took office. Exaggerating things for maximum dramatic effect is a hallmark of the left.

Pretty scary that regulators in the UK can basically tell you what you have to show on television. It might be RT today but these regulations can be greatly abused.

would you be ok with ww2 Nazi or Stalinist propaganda too?

That's not quite how it works.

Essentially, how it works is that, IF you want to run a program that is one hour long and is "Pro X" THEN you also have to run a program that is one hour long that is "Anti X". That only applies to "NON hard news" programs like editorials and/or "panel discussions" and/or "analyses". (You can sometimes skirt around the law to some degree by having REALLY good people who take the "Pro X" side and an equal number of REALLY ineffectual people who take the "Anti X" side - but making a practice of doing that is bound to attract attention.)

People who love the USA don't disrespect its flag. And Hillary Clinton is every bit as corrupt, dishonest, & sociopathic as Trump is, if not more so. The difference is she's better at hiding all that behind a public facade. So complaining about getting Trump as your president on those grounds, and disrespecting the flag because he's President, is silly.

I love America and I’m not dissing the flag. I am distressed at what the current president is doing to this country. He’s corrupt and he’s doing everything possible to foment hatred against those of us who don’t bow down and worship the grounds he walks on.

The day he leaves office is the day that I change my avatar.

Back
Top Bottom