• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BBC: "Russian" news channel RT broke TV impartiality rules

would you be ok with ww2 Nazi or Stalinist propaganda too?

Yea, I think TV channels can put whatever they want on as long as its not illegal.

I would bet that most of RT's critics in the West have never really spent much time actually watching the daily broadcasts on the station.

I have never watched RT because I have always assumed that any Russian media must be full of lies.

Then I realized that our own media are NOT exactly models of impartiality, either.

I must check out RT.

Of course, I KNOW that it will not give us the truth about President Putin, but it might, in fact, be quite impartial when it comes to foreign news.

(Yes, you are right: I occasionally check out the BBC. It does NOT live up to its reputation for impartiality.)

I have just returned from the RT website.

It WAS very interesting.

I learned, for example, that the Chinese armed forces fear that many Chinese youth are not fit for military service because they supposedly, uh, well, make love to themselves too much!

Pretty scary that regulators in the UK can basically tell you what you have to show on television. It might be RT today but these regulations can be greatly abused.

TV.ru is not television its putler´s propagandacondomship

The BBC has been breaking UK impartiality laws for years especially During Scotland's independence referendum especially Nick Robinson of the BBC .... they have a massive credibility problem in Scotland tens of thousands refusing to pay TV licenses and over 50% of Scots having negative attitude/trust of the corporation .... the BBC is the biggest propaganda machine in Europe if not the world

I have just returned from the RT website.

It WAS very interesting.

I learned, for example, that the Chinese armed forces fear that many Chinese youth are not fit for military service because they supposedly, uh, well, make love to themselves too much!

Which explains the odd looking palms over there. It goes back thousands of years don't you know.

There should be research too about the long term effects on people who watch Fox and RT program hosts. Trump btw is home alone in the WH over Christmas and the New Year holiday time. Watching lots of tv as the world knows. He just keeps coming up with yet more crazy ideas.

I have never watched RT because I have always assumed that any Russian media must be full of lies.

Then I realized that our own media are NOT exactly models of impartiality, either.

I must check out RT.

Of course, I KNOW that it will not give us the truth about President Putin, but it might, in fact, be quite impartial when it comes to foreign news.

(Yes, you are right: I occasionally check out the BBC. It does NOT live up to its reputation for impartiality.)

One way of getting closer to "the truth" (whatever that is) is to listen to what "Liar A" (whose bent you know) has to say and then compare it to what "Liar B" (whose bent [which is the opposite of that of "Liar A"] you also know) and then to see if you can find the middle between the two lies.

If you can find the same story covered on FOX News and Pravda, try it out.

On second thought, Pravda is likely going a bit too far - RT would do. To match up with Pravda you'd have to go to the Weekly World News.

"Pravda" means "news" in Russian and "isvestia" means "truth". There is a Russian saying that "There is no truth in News, and there is no news in Truth.".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom