• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BBC: China Covid: Shocking protests are huge challenge for China's leaders

who will go DOWN FIRST , PUTIN OR XI ?

• Total voters

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I always say the han- china´s empire is a paper tiger, who will go DOWN FIRST , PUTIN OR XI ?

FRANKLY, I DONT KNOW, I WANT THEM BOTH DOWN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !

shocking it is to hear a crowd in Shanghai calling for China's leader Xi Jinping to resign.

It is extremely dangerous here to publicly criticise the Communist Party's general secretary. You risk being put in prison.

In 1989, the Chinese dictatorship closed down CNN coverage of Tiananmen Square.

I have just turned on CNN, and its reporters in China were showing us videos of the protests.

When will CNN be closed down this time?

In 1989, the Chinese dictatorship closed down CNN coverage of Tiananmen Square.

I have just turned on CNN, and its reporters in China were showing us videos of the protests.

When will CNN be closed down this time?
Han commies are just a bunch of Moscow´s copycats , they can close CNN still, the hans have always been ruled by foreigners ...after Moscow we take on them (y)

MAGA and little QAnon trolls want CNN shut down in the US, but rely on it for news from around the world.

Everyone knows FOX News doesn't have a send people to China budget.

Strange how China seems to be incapable of addressing the COVID issue there. Three years of lockdown. Small wonder there are protests.

Strange how China seems to be incapable of addressing the COVID issue there. Three years of lockdown. Small wonder there are protests.
Yep. The problem is there seems to be no end in sight, so rather than the lockdowns serving to prevent the initial spread of a new disease, they've become part of the way it's managed. Once a fair percentage of the population is inoculated, there should be far less reliance on lockdowns. The ones in China are pretty severe; plus it seems clear that a zero COVID policy doesn't seem very realistic at all.

even the hans (who much like Muscovites are natural slaves ) GOT ENOUGH OF COMMIE DICTATORSHIP

“freedom of press and freedom of expression”.

Yep. The problem is there seems to be no end in sight, so rather than the lockdowns serving to prevent the initial spread of a new disease, they've become part of the way it's managed. Once a fair percentage of the population is inoculated, there should be far less reliance on lockdowns. The ones in China are pretty severe; plus it seems clear that a zero COVID policy doesn't seem very realistic at all.

My understanding is that the Chinese vaccines are shit and that as a 'herd' the population is not building up an immunity. They refuse Western vaccines. Xi has dug a hole for himself. He loses face if he ends the Zero Covid policy and/or accepts Western vaccines. But, if he continues the severe lock downs the protests will continue until he has to brutally shut them down (think Tiananmen Square). Reports on CNBC this morning that tanks and other military equipment and men are being mobilized.

Chinese vaccines are shit and that as a 'herd' the population is not building up an immunity.
IT IS not about vaccines, its about stalinism . my friend just came from China, even his han colleagues who live in Sweden dont want to believe to HIS STORIES , the entire China became a huge GULAG

look like both XI and pootler are badly banged , even the natural slaves got enough !

My understanding is that the Chinese vaccines are shit and that as a 'herd' the population is not building up an immunity. They refuse Western vaccines. Xi has dug a hole for himself. He loses face if he ends the Zero Covid policy and/or accepts Western vaccines. But, if he continues the severe lock downs the protests will continue until he has to brutally shut them down (think Tiananmen Square). Reports on CNBC this morning that tanks and other military equipment and men are being mobilized.
I heard that early on as well. China was distributing Sinovac to developing nations and the reports coming back on its efficacy were lower than some of the other vaccines that were available. I don't think rolling out the tanks is the way to handle this because you can't really blame people reacting to continually harsh measures without an end in sight. What's pretty clear from what we know about COVID 19 is that a zero COVID policy is not realistic, and the continued disruptions to supply chains are going to force businesses to see China as a less reliable source of goods and labor.

yeah I am wondering if their vaccine tech is behind us?

Back
Top Bottom