• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Battlefield

JohnnyDollar

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Anyone play any of the battlefield games? I like 4 best. But 6 is looking pretty intense.

BTW, has anyone went from console to PC gaming? If so, do you like PC better?

Anyone play any of the battlefield games? I like 4 best. But 6 is looking pretty intense.

This is probably not what you're getting at but I went from Everquest on PS2 to LotRo on PC. I had a great time playing EQ on PS2 but people left droves to play PC games when they got big. Now I understand there's little difference.

This is probably not what you're getting at but I went from Everquest on PS2 to LotRo on PC. I had a great time playing EQ on PS2 but people left droves to play PC games when they got big. Now I understand there's little difference.

Because of the materials needed to make certain computer parts, getting a new gaming PC is expensive now a days. With the PS5 already out, but in short supply, I was thinking seriously about getting a gaming PC. But damn, a good one is gonna run over $3K. At least that's the cost of a company build PC (Dell, and other brands).

BF4 & 5 are about the only games I play now a days. The Battlefield games are so much better than COD. The maps are HUGE. There's few limitations.
This is a good example of the difference between Battlefield and COD.
1623961685403.png

I switched over to PC gaming after being an Xbox gamer for a few years. Was worth it; you can't beat the versatility of a PC.

Also cautiously optimistic about BF6. I was disappointed by BF5 and will look forward to more releases.

Definitely prefer it to COD, that's for sure. Haven't played in a while, just got in with a different gaming group that weren't as into FPS, but I started with BF3, loved it and 4. I just find there's a lot more to it than COD - I'm not the best at aiming, so having some tactical options is nice...lol

I switched over to PC gaming after being an Xbox gamer for a few years. Was worth it; you can't beat the versatility of a PC.

Also cautiously optimistic about BF6. I was disappointed by BF5 and will look forward to more releases.

BF5. I agree. At first I was highly disappointed. On PS4, I could hardly see the opponents. The guns, planes & tanks were old fashion and seemed slow. But for some reason, I now play BF5 a lot more. Maybe it's just getting used to it. Plus getting glasses allowed me to see the opponents a lot better.
I'm only about a level 70.
Anywho, switching to PC is the way I'm leaning towards. Just gotta work out some things in my mind and get some questions answered. As in how much cheating and modding is going on on PC gaming with BF.
With COD (on PS3 & 4) there was sooooo much cheating, that Black Ops was unplayable. That's how I found BF. It's so rare to see a cheaters on BF with PS4. So I went to Youtube to find cheating on BF using PC, and turns out, there's a few. Nothing even close to the Black Ops cheating levels. But still some cheating.
Some folks on a BF facebook have given me some good advice as to which servers to use and how to report cheating.

But imagine, with PC playing BF6, there's going to be 64 players on one teams. (128 total). That's an amazingly high amount of people to shoot at, and who are shooting at you. It's a good thing the maps are so huge.

Definitely prefer it to COD, that's for sure. Haven't played in a while, just got in with a different gaming group that weren't as into FPS, but I started with BF3, loved it and 4. I just find there's a lot more to it than COD - I'm not the best at aiming, so having some tactical options is nice...lol

I hear ya, about the aiming thing. Remember in "dumb and dumber" when one of them shoots at that guy in motel. Shoots all around him, but doesn't hit him once? Sometimes, that's me. But with so many guns and load outs to choose from, I've gotten a set of guns that work pretty good for me. And my K/D is starting to be in the black more times than the red.
Except for my sniper rifle I'm just starting to level up. Many times it's taken more than 3 shots to kill someone. that's unacceptable. Especially when one was clearly a headshot, but still didn't kill the guy.

I started a thread about 2042. Looking forward to it. I mostly play BF4 on PC. Went from BF 1942-BC2 on PC, BF3-BF4 on PS3, BF4+ on PS4/PC. I prefer PC now, but I still use a controller.

I started a thread about 2042. Looking forward to it. I mostly play BF4 on PC. Went from BF 1942-BC2 on PC, BF3-BF4 on PS3, BF4+ on PS4/PC. I prefer PC now, but I still use a controller.

I used to think that the recoil on PC was non existent. Come to find out, the recoil is the same. But PC users seem to learn how to pull their mouse backwards to control the recoil. The same can be done by learning to control the recoil with a controller, just by pulling the L back slightly.

Is this true from your perspective?

I used to think that the recoil on PC was non existent. Come to find out, the recoil is the same. But PC users seem to learn how to pull their mouse backwards to control the recoil. The same can be done by learning to control the recoil with a controller, just by pulling the L back slightly.

Is this true from your perspective?
I find bursting and letting it settle between bursts is easier with a controller, when I'm full auto I'm either hipfiring close enough it doesn't matter, or I have a bipod. It is possible to counter the muzzle lift when full auto by pulling down on the mouse or analog stick, but with the penalty to accuracy, especially when moving, it really isn't worth it unless you're just suppressing a general area with an LMG and don't want to shoot the sky.

I like battlefield but they sure as hell could up the amount of players engaging in certain roles on consoles. After 4, i refuse to play it on a console. Battlefield 3 and 4 did not really seem that different in the grand scheme though i thoroughly enjoyed battlefield 1, especially the British tank campaign (those mark Is were NOT friendly to the tank crew at all)

As far as battlefield like games, i still prefer arma 3 and battleground europe (WW2 online)

Because of the materials needed to make certain computer parts, getting a new gaming PC is expensive now a days. With the PS5 already out, but in short supply, I was thinking seriously about getting a gaming PC. But damn, a good one is gonna run over $3K. At least that's the cost of a company build PC (Dell, and other brands).

BF4 & 5 are about the only games I play now a days. The Battlefield games are so much better than COD. The maps are HUGE. There's few limitations.
This is a good example of the difference between Battlefield and COD.
View attachment 67338432
I’d get an acer if you want a good gaming PC

I’d get an acer if you want a good gaming PC
Usually I would advise putting one together yourself, but with component prices, prebuilt isn't a bad option right now. Some builders are so desperate I see GT 730s in "gaming" PCs.

Back
Top Bottom