• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Battlefield V

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Anyone playing it? Just came out, and since I’ve had every BF game since the beginning, I had to get it.

It’s not too bad. I dont like not being able to spot enemies - it makes it much tougher - and it seems like you get shot (and kill) a whole lot faster and easier.

Maps are pretty good, airplanes are absolutely devastating with a good pilot, and there’s no way to actually defend against them with personal weaponry, so thats a bit unbalanced.

Progression thru ranks is a bit odd - lots of ways to customize how your soldier looks - but who really cares about that? Getting better weapons and sights seems to be pretty slow going.

But its really just a different BF game - nothing earth shatteringly new.

Overall, I think I got my money’s worth.

I am playing this as well, will give a better review when I have a few more hours in.

So far... well worth the price, very few complaints.

Anyone playing it? Just came out, and since I’ve had every BF game since the beginning, I had to get it.

It’s not too bad. I dont like not being able to spot enemies - it makes it much tougher - and it seems like you get shot (and kill) a whole lot faster and easier.

Maps are pretty good, airplanes are absolutely devastating with a good pilot, and there’s no way to actually defend against them with personal weaponry, so thats a bit unbalanced.

Progression thru ranks is a bit odd - lots of ways to customize how your soldier looks - but who really cares about that? Getting better weapons and sights seems to be pretty slow going.

But its really just a different BF game - nothing earth shatteringly new.

Overall, I think I got my money’s worth.

Does it allow healing via med kits, etc.?

Are the ballistics realistic?

The damage from rounds?

Does it allow healing via med kits, etc.?

Are the ballistics realistic?

The damage from rounds?

Yes- Med kits are just like other BF games, ballistics seem typical, and damage seems more than past games. Damage has never been realistic, of course...it generally doesn’t take six shots to bring down a person.

I will say though... long range damage seems to be pretty high- I’ve been able to get some guys from pretty far away.

Played a few games today.

Game is beautiful in sight and sound. Amazing details. I like the character customization but it feels pretty limited.

Yes- Med kits are just like other BF games, ballistics seem typical, and damage seems more than past games. Damage has never been realistic, of course...it generally doesn’t take six shots to bring down a person.

I will say though... long range damage seems to be pretty high- I’ve been able to get some guys from pretty far away.

I thought as much.

I play 'Red Orchestra' a WWII realism game.

No med kits. Iron sights. Realistic ballistics and damage... No cross hairs. No "laser" rounds that impact exactly where you point regards bullet flight time and drop...

A 7.92mm rifle round to the torso is a one shot kill while a 9mm pistol round to the foot slows you down. Your injury remains until you respawn.

I got spoiled.

I have seen BF, MOH and COD players throw fragmentation grenades at tanks. They shoot pistols past 75 meters and ask why they can't hit anything.

Kind of fun to watch.

I thought as much.

I play 'Red Orchestra' a WWII realism game.

No med kits. Iron sights. Realistic ballistics and damage... No cross hairs. No "laser" rounds that impact exactly where you point regards bullet flight time and drop...

A 7.92mm rifle round to the torso is a one shot kill while a 9mm pistol round to the foot slows you down. Your injury remains until you respawn.

I got spoiled.

I have seen BF, MOH and COD players throw fragmentation grenades at tanks. They shoot pistols past 75 meters and ask why they can't hit anything.

Kind of fun to watch.

Nobody wants a realistic game.

It means once your hit, game is over.

It means a shot in your foot doesnt ‘slow you down’.... it doesnt allow you to stand, and your accuracy would suffer because of the distracting pain.

Nobody wants a realistic game.

It means once your hit, game is over.

It means a shot in your foot doesnt ‘slow you down’.... it doesnt allow you to stand, and your accuracy would suffer because of the distracting pain.

Umm

Not quite.

As to "no one wants a realistic game" it has been out there in original and modded version since 2006.

A newer RO2 version was tried that is more arcade like (read COD/MOH/BF) and it flopped like a dying fish.

On dying: You are hit, you die, you take a little time out. After a few minutes you respawn and have at it again.

As to damage... Red Orchestra comes closer to real life than MOH or COD...

Played the Beta, wasn't particularly impressed by what I saw, I thought this was going to be my MP FPS purchase of the year, I'll take a pass.

One thing I felt a bit duped by, was the impression I got from the early marketing material was you were going to be able to set up barricades, sand bags and the like wherever you wanted, but then playing the Beta it was, nah, you do it at preset position where we want you to, and I was like aw, if players could pop down defences wherever they wanted, it would have created quite dynamic scenarios that would have been really interesting.

I don't know how well that might have worked and whether it would have caused massive buggy issues between objects and geometry (yeah, probably) but that was a bit of a let down.

So things don't look good for Battlefield V or EA At this moment.

Physical sales as of last week are half of what Battlefield Ones were, some of that it has to be stressed is the quickly overwhelming bleed of digital sales quickly dominating the way games are distributed, those Companies don't have to disclose and they usually don't when things are in the ****, whereas RDR2 sold more copies in a few days than RDR1 sold in its entire run, they're more than happy to tell us that.

But a drop like that, can't be entirely attributed to digital sales.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...al-sales-down-more-than-half-on-battlefield-1

The game is pretty unremarkable, I don't think it's bad, its just fine apparently according to most of what I've seen and playing through the BETA.

A story that has largely gone unnoticed, is EA stock has tumbled, by quite a margin since hitting an all time high in July this year:

EA stock.jpg

Quite possibly disappointing sales numbers of BFV, the threat of legislation against loot boxes which, their sports games titles card packs represents a massive portion of their income (mostly FIFA), the lack of excitement for Anthem, their general lack of titles and customer satisfaction, who knows, maybe we're seeing the beginning of the end for EA.

"If don't like it, don't buy it."

*sales plummet*

*pikachu_surprised_meme*

"If don't like it, don't buy it."

*sales plummet*

*pikachu_surprised_meme*

Yeah, wasn't the smartest thing to say, but honestly, having played COD WWII on and off for most of its run, I don't get some of the reaction to BF: V in terms of the whole woman thing or prosthetic arms and cricket bats.

I mean COD: WWII had women right off the bat, not in the campaign mind you, but in the multiplayer and some of the customization options, particularly later in the games lifespan were getting pretty ridiculous.

But maybe EA and Dice had themselves to blame, I mean typically Battlefield takes a more realistic approach to its settings and combat and if they had been up front about the fact this was gonna be a slightly wackier, more out there kind of WWII game then they had made before, they could have spared themselves the wrath of some of the fans that like a more realistic and faithful approach and I think if memory serves me correct someone did say specifically they wanted to give such an experience so there's definitely a little bit on them in this regard.

But at the same time, how upset some people got about people with vaginas being featured in the game, I was like meh, take it easy man.

Yeah, wasn't the smartest thing to say, but honestly, having played COD WWII on and off for most of its run, I don't get some of the reaction to BF: V in terms of the whole woman thing or prosthetic arms and cricket bats.

I mean COD: WWII had women right off the bat, not in the campaign mind you, but in the multiplayer and some of the customization options, particularly later in the games lifespan were getting pretty ridiculous.

But maybe EA and Dice had themselves to blame, I mean typically Battlefield takes a more realistic approach to its settings and combat and if they had been up front about the fact this was gonna be a slightly wackier, more out there kind of WWII game then they had made before, they could have spared themselves the wrath of some of the fans that like a more realistic and faithful approach and I think if memory serves me correct someone did say specifically they wanted to give such an experience so there's definitely a little bit on them in this regard.

But at the same time, how upset some people got about people with vaginas being featured in the game, I was like meh, take it easy man.

The female thing is weird- but I guess they probably want to attract more women players.

It’s all just chatter- makes no impact upon the gameplay, which is fairly good. More maps would be nice, but I’m sure they’re coming.

The female thing is weird- but I guess they probably want to attract more women players.

It’s all just chatter- makes no impact upon the gameplay, which is fairly good. More maps would be nice, but I’m sure they’re coming.

One thing someone I watched commented on, was it seems there's fewer vehicles in fewer situations in this Battlefield, have you found that to be the case?

One thing someone I watched commented on, was it seems there's fewer vehicles in fewer situations in this Battlefield, have you found that to be the case?

Some maps have no vehicles, some do- and some have a lot or airplanes, but it does seem to be more infantry focused than previous versions.

The air power aspect can be a bit unbalanced- a good pilot in a bomber can really wipe out a lot of people- and there is often no individual defense.. you have to rely on a good, friendly pilot.

Having reached Level 50 I think I'm in a good position to say a few things about the game:

The core mechanics are still solid and make the game enjoyable. The game actually is pretty well done with a few exceptions; bombers attacking spawn, KE7 and Drilling, and SMGs are too weak. But overall the gameplay is entertaining and fun. The War Stories are annoying because of how much stealth was involved, but the Last Tiger was a very entertaining piece. I'm pleased with how the BFV team is handling the updates.

This game is flawed but is actually pretty fun and enjoyable. I'm enjoying it a lot as has everyone I've known who played it.

Back
Top Bottom