• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Battlefield 4 anyone??

Dice/EA continually push the envelope...raise the bar...on multiplayer FPS's. BF4 is the latest...and it's awesome.

But I won't be playing it.

When my sons were young, I would play Medal of Honor on a 3-way LAN setup. That was fun. I could hold my own against them because of their inexperience. But it didn't take long before they both started owning me. Nowadays, I have to just stay out of their way...and stay out of the way of all those others who grew up with them. It's no fun dying every 5 seconds. LOL!!

BUT...if I were able, I'd be right there with them, chomping at the bit while waiting for the free beta to start tomorrow.

It's an awesome game!!

Dammit, I just bought a new computer. I'll bet in order to get BF4, I'd be expected to buy a NEW new one.

I wasn't impressed with BF3 at all. Lately, it's just been punk teens who've "bought" their way up the ranks, all griefing about the gitchers and twitchers. A lot of BF2's "team" concept was an afterthought. I'm afraid BF4 would wind up being the same thing.

Dammit, I just bought a new computer. I'll bet in order to get BF4, I'd be expected to buy a NEW new one.

I wasn't impressed with BF3 at all. Lately, it's just been punk teens who've "bought" their way up the ranks, all griefing about the gitchers and twitchers. A lot of BF2's "team" concept was an afterthought. I'm afraid BF4 would wind up being the same thing.

I loved BF3. I played the BF4 beta and was pretty disappointed, but it is a beta so I think my expectations may have been too high.

The beta is not well-optimized so even high end hardware sometimes struggles with it. (while lower-end hardware runs fine) A lot of the issues are server side or with punkbuster. (really, this beta test is mostly about server hardware anyway)

Server software has been patched, and performance has definitely improved.

Nvidia users should try the newest beta drivers, allegedly better performance.

I have a feeling battlepacks are going to be annoying as ****. Actually using your guns only unlocks a few basic weapon attachments, the rest are given randomly through battlepacks. Gee, thanks, a new grip for a machine gun I never use. Can I put it on the good machine gun?

The beta is not well-optimized so even high end hardware sometimes struggles with it. (while lower-end hardware runs fine) A lot of the issues are server side or with punkbuster. (really, this beta test is mostly about server hardware anyway)

Server software has been patched, and performance has definitely improved.

Nvidia users should try the newest beta drivers, allegedly better performance.

I have a feeling battlepacks are going to be annoying as ****. Actually using your guns only unlocks a few basic weapon attachments, the rest are given randomly through battlepacks. Gee, thanks, a new grip for a machine gun I never use. Can I put it on the good machine gun?
Yeah, I don't really know how I feel about a lot of the changes they made. I think I might actually rent it before buying it to make sure I like it.

Yeah, I don't really know how I feel about a lot of the changes they made. I think I might actually rent it before buying it to make sure I like it.

Begone, console peasant. ;)

BF4... half-brother of call of duty: moron warfare.

First off the Battlefield series changed FPS in a way only done prior by Half Life. CoD is nothing compared to BF2, 3 and soon to be 4. I am a veteran of all since 1942 except 2212 or whatever it was, I never did like that whole fantasy thing. I tried the beta the other night and couldn't get it to run right. Coincidently I ordered a new gaming box from Cyberpower anyway just to make sure I will have no problems come launch date, which I think is a bit too early. I prefer an almost polished product before launch but we're not going to get that, IMO.

Either way, I'll be there when it launches and killing bad guys as usual. Anyone want to friend me, my nic is Roch_Warrior

Good hunting.

Tim-

I'm hanging out on the roof of a skyscraper, alternating between firefights for control of the objective located there and peeking over the edge to laser-designate enemy tanks and helicopters for missile fire. One of the enemy tanks decides he's had enough of the hellfire raining down on him from above, so he starts firing at the supports to the skyscraper. Alarms go off, the structure groans and begins to tilt. Everyone flees to the edge to bail. Most of us make it. A couple are too slow, crushed by the collapsing structure. I have a brief moment to ponder that I'm skydiving off of a building. Plummeting towards the ground, I pull the parachute. Then I start getting hit by machine gun fire from the ground. It's that same ****ing tank. I'm floating right towards him. This is going to end terribly. Wait a minute. I'm floating over his head. And I have C4 explosives. I drop a couple right on top of his turret as I pass overhead, his gunner unable to aim his turret high enough anymore. Right as my feet hit the ground, I click the detonator. Kaboom. Two kills, tank destroyed. I swing my rifle back up to look for a new target. Heart pounding.

This isn't Call of Duty.

About two seconds later a sniper round penetrates my skull, fired from some rooftop I'm not even sure how to access. Ok, so it's a little like Call of Duty.

Last edited:
I'm hanging out on the roof of a skyscraper, alternating between firefights for control of the objective located there and peeking over the edge to laser-designate enemy tanks and helicopters for missile fire. One of the enemy tanks decides he's had enough of the hellfire raining down on him from above, so he starts firing at the supports to the skyscraper. Alarms go off, the structure groans and begins to tilt. Everyone flees to the edge to bail. Most of us make it. A couple are too slow, crushed by the collapsing structure. I have a brief moment to ponder that I'm skydiving off of a building. Plummeting towards the ground, I pull the parachute. Then I start getting hit by machine gun fire from the ground. It's that same ****ing tank. I'm floating right towards him. This is going to end terribly. Wait a minute. I'm floating over his head. And I have C4 explosives. I drop a couple right on top of his turret as I pass overhead, his gunner unable to aim his turret high enough anymore. Right as my feet hit the ground, I click the detonator. Kaboom. Two kills, tank destroyed. I swing my rifle back up to look for a new target. Heart pounding.

This isn't Call of Duty.

About two seconds later a sniper round penetrates my skull, fired from some rooftop I'm not even sure how to access. Ok, so it's a little like Call of Duty.

Called a Helicopter and a roof.

Called a Helicopter and a roof.

Yep and I hate snipers. I knife them in the back every time the opportunity presents itself. :) As an infantry guy I prefer close quarter battles. :)

Tim-

Sweet I can't wait to play the New Battle of Duty IIIXL

No PC version. :(

Then I've been hallucinating significantly recently and I really want my money back on the Origin preorder!

Then I've been hallucinating significantly recently and I really want my money back on the Origin preorder!

This is old news and you're late for the party. It's long been corrected and agreed upon. Carry on.

I love the Battlefield series...have played every iteration and looking forward to this new one. By far my fave was BF2 though. I would play on the Tom Clancy Karkand server for hours. No vehicles just infantry.

I felt that way about 3 as well. But I will prolly give B4 a try.

Back
Top Bottom