• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bastardizing Words : "The Truth"

All theology is dilettante.
The above is an untrue statement. Many theologians spend years of study and learn both Greek and Hebrew in order to honestly research the Bible so that it is properly understood to the fullest. And even then because to the living nature of the Holy Scriptures, the prophetic messages within the scripture may have more than one literal meaning that deserves further research. The Salvation Gospel message is right up front but the Bible still needs to be studied to further one's understanding and discover the proof in the details.

Animals DO NOT evolve from one type into another...

An article published in National Geographic in 2004 likened the fossil record to “a film of evolution from which 999 of every 1,000 frames have been lost on the cutting-room floor.”36 National Geographic, “Fossil Evidence,” November 2004, p. 25.

Consider the implications of that illustration.

Imagine that you found 100 frames of a feature film that originally had 100,000 frames. How would you determine the plot of the movie? You might have a preconceived idea, but what if only 5 of the 100 frames you found could be organized to support your preferred plot, while the other 95 frames tell a very different story? Would it be reasonable to assert that your preconceived idea of the movie was right because of the five frames? Could it be that you placed the five frames in the order you did because it suited your theory? Would it not be more reasonable to allow the other 95 frames to influence your opinion?

How does that illustration relate to the way evolutionists view the fossil record? For years, researchers did not acknowledge that the vast majority of fossils—the 95 frames of the movie—showed that species change very little over time. Why the silence about such important evidence? Author Richard Morris says: “Apparently paleontologists had adopted the orthodox idea of gradual evolutionary change and had held onto it, even when they discovered evidence to the contrary. They had been trying to interpret fossil evidence in terms of accepted evolutionary ideas.”37 The Evolutionists—The Struggle for Darwin’s Soul, by Richard Morris, 2001, pp. 104-105.

“To take a line of fossils and claim that they represent a lineage is not a scientific hypothesis that can be tested, but an assertion that carries the same validity as a bedtime story—amusing, perhaps even instructive, but not scientific.”—In Search of Deep Time—Beyond the Fossil Record to a New History of Life, by Henry Gee, pp. 116-117

What about evolutionists today? Could it be that they continue to place fossils in a certain order, not because such a sequence is well-supported by the majority of fossil and genetic evidence, but because doing so is in harmony with currently accepted evolutionary ideas?
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102010346?q=do+animals+evolve&p=sen

The moment you were born you began the first chapter of your story and you having been adding to it ever since .

How do you know that?
Because your story could have started at no other time .
The desire you have for conditions to be exactly as the time before you were born after you die , in effect to lay down in the grave and pull the dirt up over your head and hope that no one bothers you for the rest of eternity reveals your true "Truth".
Your truth being Fear.

Because your story could have started at no other time .
You have no way of knowing that.
You are the one who believes in supernatural realms.

Our “stories” could be as long as time itself. Earth could just be a extremely brief paragraph in that “story”.

But that wouldn’t fit in your limited and biased narrative so you’ll just ignore it all.

There’s factual and documented evidence that animals evolve.

You got nothing when it comes to anything supernatural.
Evolved from what exactly? What did my cat evolve from? Oddly, Jesus existed less than 2000 years ago. That is pretty supernatural. How many hundreds of millions of years ago is evolution said to have taken place? Now, I know you will say change happens every day. And I would say that uniqueness happens every day, but uniqueness is variety within a species --- not the drifting towards that of another new species...

Last edited:
The TRUTH is that there must be a GOD or there can be no life after death. The TRUTH is there must be GOD or life on this planet could never have developed. The TRUTH is that before the BIG BANG, there apparently was nothing material/physical, no space, and no time

How do you know that? How do you know that 'there must be a god' How do you know there is life after death. That sounds like a lot of claims that , well, just don't have support

The above is an untrue statement. Many theologians spend years of study and learn both Greek and Hebrew in order to honestly research the Bible so that it is properly understood to the fullest. And even then because to the living nature of the Holy Scriptures, the prophetic messages within the scripture may have more than one literal meaning that deserves further research. The Salvation Gospel message is right up front but the Bible still needs to be studied to further one's understanding and discover the proof in the details.
Tht doesn't mean that the theology is true.

The absolute and definitive arrogance of taking a word like "truth", and bastardizing it to the point of being a passive-aggressive insult when used in specific religious context is truly pathetic.

Truth does not equal Faith/Belief.
Regardless of how strong your faith/belief is, there's absolutely no guarantee there's any truth to it.
It's even weird to use "truth" in that context.

The sad thing is the people who throw this idiocy around also believe they have moral/intellectual superiority, when the reality is they fail HARD to see the irony in their words.

Stop using "the truth" when in reality you can only mean "my faith". They are not synonymous.

It takes 365.25 earth days for our planet to complete one full orbit around the sun. <-- truth
My specific flavor of religion is the only correct religion. <--- not "truth"
My specific flavor of religion is the only correct religion. <--- faith

Every single person with religious faith believes theirs is "the truth", so by definition there is no "truth" in that context because everyone can't be right, and there's no way to prove who's wrong.

So unless you desire to come across and an arrogant hypocrite, stop using the phrase "the truth" when describing your own personal religious belief.
Pascal's wager you $50 bucks

1652513120564.png

Yep, as if that lot could be considered an authority on evolution. Pass.
When you resort to attacking the messenger and not the message, you have already lost the debate. - Addison Whithecomb

How do you know that? How do you know that 'there must be a god' How do you know there is life after death. That sounds like a lot of claims that , well, just don't have support.
Please note the following ---- if you dare:

Halakhah correct
Isaiah 29:13-15
13Therefore the Lord said: “These people draw near to Me with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. Their worship of Me is but rules taught by men. 14Therefore I will again confound these people with wonder upon wonder. The wisdom of the wise will vanish, and the intelligence of the intelligent will be hidden.” 15Woe to those who dig deep to hide their plans from the LORD. In darkness they do their works and say, “Who sees us, and who will know?”…

Isaiah 44: 24-26 24Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer who formed you from the womb: “I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who by Myself spread out the earth, 25who foils the signs of false prophets and makes fools of diviners, who confounds the wise and turns their knowledge into nonsense, 26who confirms the message of His servant and fulfills the counsel of His messengers, who says of Jerusalem, ‘She will be inhabited,’ and of the cities of Judah, ‘They will be rebuilt, and I will restore their ruins,’…

I Corinthians 1:19-21 19For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.” 20Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know Him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.…

Isaiah 29:13-15
13Therefore the Lord said: “These people draw near to Me with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. Their worship of Me is but rules taught by men. 14Therefore I will again confound these people with wonder upon wonder. The wisdom of the wise will vanish, and the intelligence of the intelligent will be hidden.” 15Woe to those who dig deep to hide their plans from the LORD. In darkness they do their works and say, “Who sees us, and who will know?”…

Isaiah 44: 24-26 24Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer who formed you from the womb: “I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who by Myself spread out the earth, 25who foils the signs of false prophets and makes fools of diviners, who confounds the wise and turns their knowledge into nonsense, 26who confirms the message of His servant and fulfills the counsel of His messengers, who says of Jerusalem, ‘She will be inhabited,’ and of the cities of Judah, ‘They will be rebuilt, and I will restore their ruins,’…

I Corinthians 1:19-21 19For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.” 20Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know Him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.…
And?? do you have a point besides out of context bible phrases? Theology by sound bits is not sound theology.

And?? do you have a point besides out of context bible phrases? Theology by sound bits is not sound theology.
I believe that you take scientific data out of its context all the time to prove your agnostic views. I believe that the men who reject Jesus as being MESSIAH are really dishonest with what knowledge they do possess, and yet they go to extremes to abide by the LAW of Moses that they cannot possibly hope to accomplish on a daily bases.

Back
Top Bottom