• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bastardizing Words : "The Truth"

I believe that you take scientific data out of its context all the time to prove your agnostic views. I believe that the men who reject Jesus as being MESSIAH are really dishonest with what knowledge they do possess, and yet they go to extremes to abide by the LAW of Moses that they cannot possibly hope to accomplish on a daily bases.
You give him way too much credit...:sneaky:

But they won't, because they are too afraid to.
Nonsense! My truth is the truth for me. That's not scary at all. The scary part for you is when I say My truth is that God exists. It scares you so much that you demand I prove it.

I believe that you take scientific data out of its context all the time to prove your agnostic views. I believe that the men who reject Jesus as being MESSIAH are really dishonest with what knowledge they do possess, and yet they go to extremes to abide by the LAW of Moses that they cannot possibly hope to accomplish on a daily bases.
Do I? I do not see the evidence you understand the data, or the context. Your axiom about Jesus being the messiah is , well, false.

The scary part for you is when I say My truth is that God exists.
No. That’s not it at all.

We don’t care what you believe. Elves, Sprites, Orcs, Leprechauns, Big Foot, Moby Dick… go for it. Go for it with gusto. Have a grand time.

Things go sour when:
You start judging others who don’t believe what you believe.
You start trying to convert others into believing what you believe.
You start writing or changing laws and basic rights based on what you believe.
You try to influence the government to reward your beliefs, at the expense of others and their beliefs.
You start threatening, and denigrating others for having different beliefs.

And I’m sure you’ll say “But I don’t do any of that.”
The response is simple:
You might not do it directory, but chances are real good you’re doing it indirectly.

Of course we have evidence right here at DP that some of our members are in fact doing some of those things mentioned above very directly.

Nonsense! My truth is the truth for me. That's not scary at all. The scary part for you is when I say My truth is that God exists. It scares you so much that you demand I prove it.

Not scared at all. This thread is about claims of the truth, not a personal truth. Anyone can claim anything they like as a personal truth. This is not the same as saying that they have the truth.

When you resort to attacking the messenger and not the message, you have already lost the debate. - Addison Whithecomb

Utter bilge. A biased religious organisation whose dogma already discounts science is no authority on science. 'Answers in Genesis' for instance, is a perfect example of pseudo-science, so why even give such tripe the time of day? Furthermore, the JW's are hardly known for their accuracy (stay alive 'till '75 ~ LOL).

Pfft! What a joke.

No. That’s not it at all.

We don’t care what you believe. Elves, Sprites, Orcs, Leprechauns, Big Foot, Moby Dick… go for it. Go for it with gusto. Have a grand time.

Things go sour when:
You start judging others who don’t believe what you believe.
You start trying to convert others into believing what you believe.
You start writing or changing laws and basic rights based on what you believe.
You try to influence the government to reward your beliefs, at the expense of others and their beliefs.
You start threatening, and denigrating others for having different beliefs.

And I’m sure you’ll say “But I don’t do any of that.”
If you're sure of it, then there's no point in defending myself. Saves me some time. Thanks.
The response is simple:
You might not do it directory, but chances are real good you’re doing it indirectly.

Of course we have evidence right here at DP that some of our members are in fact doing some of those things mentioned above very directly.

Not scared at all. This thread is about claims of the truth, not a personal truth. Anyone can claim anything they like as a personal truth. This is not the same as saying that they have the truth.
If I say I have "The Truth" I do. Obviously, from your perspective it's "My Truth." The problem is you expect me to defend it when I actually have no obligation other than to speak it. I really see no reason why I should have to convince you when obviously you aren't persuadable. I just figure God hasn't called you.

If I say I have "The Truth" I do. Obviously, from your perspective it's "My Truth." The problem is you expect me to defend it when I actually have no obligation other than to speak it. I really see no reason why I should have to convince you when obviously you aren't persuadable. I just figure God hasn't called you.

And you are wrong. You have your truth. You can defend your truth, but if you claim to have the truth in this forum you will be challenged every time.

You figure wrong. Because you think you have the truth about god. You do not.

And you are wrong. You have your truth. You can defend your truth, but if you claim to have the truth in this forum you will be challenged every time.

You figure wrong. Because you think you have the truth about god. You do not.
Deju vu. :)

You can challenge all you want. I'm still under no obligation to defend.

I'm still under no obligation to defend.
If you keep it to yourself, of course not.

Here at DP, if you’re not going to defend your comments, don’t make them in the first place.

Or go post in Theology.

Bring it on! If it's challenging enough I might respond.

And you'll continue to play your word games. Challenging your claims is different from something being challenging enough. But you know that. It's another game you play.

Back
Top Bottom