• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bastardizing Words : "The Truth"

I do know. You dismiss the supernatural, so the God of Judaism is lost on you. Get a new gig.
Have you ever heard of the concept of Spinoza's god?

The " Truth" for each & every person is what they "Hope" awaits them after death.
The undeniable dreadful and fearful "Truth" that we all must die forces every person to hold fast to a personal "truth" they hope will be realized following their death.
Any person that says they do not have a hope for what lies beyond the darkness of the grave, is a liar, and the "Truth" is not in them.

Hoping that your spiritual expectations (if any) come true after your death is no more “Truth” than hoping that it rains (or does not rain) at noon next Thursday. Nobody is ‘forced’ to do either and has no control over the matter.

The " Truth" for each & every person is what they "Hope" awaits them after death.
The undeniable dreadful and fearful "Truth" that we all must die forces every person to hold fast to a personal "truth" they hope will be realized following their death.
Any person that says they do not have a hope for what lies beyond the darkness of the grave, is a liar, and the "Truth" is not in them.
The TRUTH is that there must be a GOD or there can be no life after death. The TRUTH is there must be GOD or life on this planet could never have developed. The TRUTH is that before the BIG BANG, there apparently was nothing material/physical, no space, and no time.

The TRUTH is that there must be a GOD or there can be no life after death. The TRUTH is there must be GOD or life on this planet could never have developed. The TRUTH is that before the BIG BANG, there apparently was nothing material/physical, no space, and no time.

There is no life after death or gods.

The TRUTH is that before the BIG BANG, there apparently was nothing material/physical, no space, and no time.
How many times are you going to get that wrong??? You've been told over and over that's not what anyone other than YOU is saying.
The TRUTH is there must be GOD or life on this planet could never have developed.
You can't prove that. Not even a little.

Don't call me a liar.

How many times are you going to get that wrong??? You've been told over and over that's not what anyone other than YOU is saying.

You can't prove that. Not even a little.
You cannot disprove it ---- not even a little.

The TRUTH is that there must be a GOD or there can be no life after death.

Exactly, the TRUTH could be either of those (alternate?) possibilities.

The TRUTH is there must be GOD or life on this planet could never have developed.

That boils down to if one can‘t explain the origin of X then GOD (some force beyond one’s comprehension?) must have created X.

The TRUTH is that before the BIG BANG, there apparently was nothing material/physical, no space, and no time.

Apparently is simply a SWAG. My theory is that before the (latest?) BIG BANG there was the BIG SHRINK where everything collapsed into a single black hole. Rinse and repeat…

I expect the multiple billions of years after I die will be exactly like the multiple billions of years before I was born.

What's there to fear?
You have built up quite a story about yourself only after the time you were born.
Your hope that this extensive story have with all it's sordid troubling details that you have built up for yourself beginning with your birth will amount to no consequence at all reveals the fear that you have for what lies beyond the grave, and testifies to the truth you hope for .

Hoping that your spiritual expectations (if any) come true after your death is no more “Truth” than hoping that it rains (or does not rain) at noon next Thursday. Nobody is ‘forced’ to do either and has no control over the matter.
Your hope that you for what lies beyond the grave for you, your children, your mother, brother, sister , Is your truth for you.

You have built up quite a story about yourself only after the time you were born.
1) How do you know that?

2) What kind of Immoral Bastard would convict, for an eternity, over something that happened in the space of a few decades of Earth time?

Don't call me a liar.
No need to.
The hope that you are holding fast too, your hope & truth of your fate and the fate of your children, mother, father,sister, brother and all those that you love means by definition that you are not a liar,

Last edited:
Your hope that this extensive story have with all it's sordid troubling details that you have built up for yourself beginning with your birth will amount to no consequence at all reveals the fear that you have for what lies beyond the grave, and testifies to the truth you hope for .
You wanna re-write that so it makes some kind of sense?
Right now it's word salad.

sordid troubling details
What makes you think I have any "sordid troubling details"?

Eatomus said:

1) How do you know that?

2) What kind of Immoral Bastard would convict, for an eternity, over something that happened in the space of a few decades of Earth time?
The moment you were born you began the first chapter of your story and you having been adding to it ever since .
With all it's sordid details that you hope no one else knows about, and that you desperately hope the Truth will be that they will never be laid bare beyond the grave .
This is your truth and your hope .

Your hope that you for what lies beyond the grave for you, your children, your mother, brother, sister , Is your truth for you.

Holding a personal opinion on X does make that opinion on X true. Your assertion boils down to “if I say it, then it’s true”. It is certainly true that the concepts of mermaids, unicorns, yetis and leprechauns exist (one can easily find multiple references to them), but that does not make those beings having ever existed in physical form ”the truth”.

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of the concept of Spinoza's god?

Sure, but like I'm saying, you don't believe the Jewish scriptures. Spinoza's God is not the God of Judaism.

Holding a personal opinion on X does make it X true. Your assertion boils down to “if I say it, then it’s true”. It is certainly true that the concepts of mermaids, unicorns, yetis and leprechauns exist (one can easily find multiple references to them), but that does not make those beings having ever existed in physical form ”the truth”.
i said your hoped for truth , what you hope will be true for your children, mother, sister, all your loved ones, beyond the grave.

What kind of Immoral Bastard would convict, for an eternity, over something that happened in the space of a few decades of Earth time?

LOL. Where does it say that the God who controls eternity has to be someone you approve of? He could be the most heinous individual in history. But if that individual is God, you'd better toe the line unless you want to wind up in Hell. So are you going to be a chest beater and boast that you'd rather be in Hell than in Heaven with God? Are you that vacuous? If so, the Pit is ready.

The moment you were born you began the first chapter of your story and you having been adding to it ever since .

How do you know that?

Just because it fits your narrative doesn't make it so.

Why doesn't the billions of years before I was a human count?
How do you know it doesn't?

i said your hoped for truth , what you hope will be true for your children, mother, sister, all your loved ones, beyond the grave.

OK and I said something different - which, according to you, makes what I said just as true as what you said. Debate is over (impossible?) once your ‘rules of truth’ are accpeted.

LOL. Where does it say that the God who controls eternity has to be someone you approve of? He could be the most heinous individual in history. But if that individual is God, you'd better toe the line unless you want to wind up in Hell. So are you going to be a chest beater and boast that you'd rather be in Hell than in Heaven with God? Are you that vacuous? If so, the Pit is ready.

Your posts are the Pit(s).

So it’s all about Pascal’s Wager huh? Weak.

Back
Top Bottom