- Jul 19, 2012
- Reaction score
- Political Leaning
The idea that
- People will work hard to provide others with goods and services with no expectation of personal gain; i.e., one may work a lot or a little, but one will get only what he needs.
- People will care about property owned in common.
- Only that market system which is specifically designed can be most efficient.
- Supply and demand in the market can be successfully controlled by the government.
- Socialists are less selfish than capitalists.
- Capitalists do nothing to gain the wealth they have, they just sit back and collect the returns on their investments. Therefore no special skills are needed by the government when it takes control of industry from the private sector.