• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Basic 9/11 Physics and why over 38% of Americans don't believe the "official story"

creativedreams

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Watch the documentaries below for a very detailed showing of the physics behind the collapses.

Both Twin Towers had many vertical core columns that ran from bedrock to the top floor. Not to mention the exterior columns that formed a cage all the way up.

The "debunking" propaganda we got instead of a new and real investigation misleads by focusing on horizontal floor trusses and ignoring the vertical steel columns connected and welded all the way up making them one length of steel each from bedrock to the top floor.

Somehow the many vertical core columns that run from bedrock to the top floor removed themselves fast enough all the way down for the top floor to hit the ground almost as fast as a ball would if dropped right beside it.

The buildings fell at close to the acceleration of gravity even though there were many vertical support columns that ran from bedrock to the top floor....plus the exterior columns built like a cage.

Basic physics shows what really happened and this is why over 38% of Americans don't believe the "official story" on what the true demise of all 7 World Trade Center buildings was.

femacore.gif

NISTPART1
NISTPART1
NISTPART2
NISTPART2

Last edited:
Re: Basic 9/11 Physics and why over 38% of Americans don't believe the "official stor

This has been debated to death in other treads. At this time I see no need to rehash. There is nothing new from either side of the issue. CD you dismissed other technical explanations before, so why bring them up again.

by the way, that leaves 62% that don't believe in your side of the story.

Re: Basic 9/11 Physics and why over 38% of Americans don't believe the "official stor

This has been debated to death in other treads. At this time I see no need to rehash. There is nothing new from either side of the issue. CD you dismissed other technical explanations before, so why bring them up again.

by the way, that leaves 62% that don't believe in your side of the story.

How many of your 62% haven't cared enough to look into it? If more questioned the event then even more would very likely add to the 38% who already don't believe the "official story"....bottom line is Americans are much like the Germans ignorant and oblivious mentality before WWII

How many of your 62% haven't cared enough to look into it? If more questioned the event then even more would very likely add to the 38% who already don't believe the "official story"....bottom line is Americans are much like the Germans ignorant and oblivious mentality before WWII

How many of the 38% have cared enough to look into the issue or have they just jumped on the bandwagon.
I do not accept your German statement. CD I now believe you are a Axx

The use of "an" is more appropriate than "a" in this context

I stand correct. Now how much have you read of the technical papers (non govt). that basically stated the buildings came down due to the crash, fire and weakening of the structure? Why did you not believe them? Please don't state it was because they were tied to the govt. or the govt. conclusion.

It ok to give opinion. It should be stated as such. Opinions are not facts.

I'm not going to get into anymore name calling. Sorry for the rant. Your not an Axx. We just disagree.

Watch the documentaries below for a very detailed showing of the physics behind the collapses.

Both Twin Towers had many vertical core columns that ran from bedrock to the top floor. Not to mention the exterior columns that formed a cage all the way up.

The "debunking" propaganda we got instead of a new and real investigation misleads by focusing on horizontal floor trusses and ignoring the vertical steel columns connected and welded all the way up making them one length of steel each from bedrock to the top floor.

Somehow the many vertical core columns that run from bedrock to the top floor removed themselves fast enough all the way down for the top floor to hit the ground almost as fast as a ball would if dropped right beside it.

The buildings fell at close to the acceleration of gravity even though there were many vertical support columns that ran from bedrock to the top floor....plus the exterior columns built like a cage.

Basic physics shows what really happened and this is why over 38% of Americans don't believe the "official story" on what the true demise of all 7 World Trade Center buildings was.

femacore.gif

NISTPART1
NISTPART1
NISTPART2
NISTPART2

I have a theory of my own - How about this?

According to a new cosmoligical theory, we are all part of a hologram projection. There has been found a graininess in the universe that correlates to pixellation, showing that this theory could be true. According to that theory, if Bush did the 911 attacks, he really did nothing wrong. He was only destroying a little bit of a copy of one of God's DVD's, which would only be a misdemeanor. :mrgreen:

The vertical columns were not overlooked. They were damaged by the planes. They were also not "one length of steel from bedrock to the top floor". Until you understand that, everything will continue to be a mystery to you.

According to a new cosmoligical theory, we are all part of a hologram projection. There has been found a graininess in the universe that correlates to pixellation, showing that this theory could be true. According to that theory, if Bush did the 911 attacks, he really did nothing wrong. He was only destroying a little bit of a copy of one of God's DVD's, which would only be a misdemeanor. :mrgreen:

if you watch the videos of the 911 attacks carefully, you can see a blue hologram come out the sides of one of the the buildings, and a woman with funny hair says "help me obi wan kenobi, you're my only hope"

Last edited:

Does not believing in the official story mean that you're inherently a 911 truther who accepts the premise in the OP?

Does not believing in the official story mean that you're inherently a 911 truther who accepts the premise in the OP?

I feel that many people fall into this category. It is entirely likely that the government has never told the full truth about any major crisis. One has to remember the government is made up of people who are, by definition, flawed. Be it out of a concern for the careers of those involved, a simple negation of something deemed unimportant, or outright falsehoods, people act in their best interest and not always with an eye toward benefiting history.

For example, when George Bush won the 2000 election, he did so not because of the supposed fraud and all of the stuff Al Gore's people want you to think (I voted for Gore by the way) but because whatever DNC official in West Palm Bch County approved the butterfly ballot. In case you don't know, it was called that because candidates werer listed on both sides of the hole punch area like the wings of a butterfly. So instead of having one column on the left as most people do, they had columns on the left and the right. The first name on the left was George Bush, The first name on the right hand 'wing' if you will was Pat Buchanan and the 2nd name on the left was Al Gore's. Seldom had this ballot been used but some DNC official in WPBC approved it, Buchanan got 3,407 votes; in neighboring counties, he received amounts in the low three digits. In fact, nearly a full one percent of his entire vote total came from WPBC which was very odd because it is heavily Jewish who tend to vote liberal. Anyway, the official who approved the ballot for the election has largely been lost to history. Likely because there was little point in tarnishing her--what was done was done after all. She cost Al Gore the election and likely irreparably damaged the country for several decades with all that Bush did to harm it (War in Iraq, John Roberts in office, tax cuts and wow...now a recession and more pain on the way). Sometime in the future when history is written, the name will be tarred and feathered; mark my words.

Anyway, this is a perfect example of how a seemingly unimportant event changed history. And it is precisely the type of thing that, I feel, fuels a lot of the 38 percent or whatever it was.

If I asked 100 people "do you think the government tells the whole truth about 9/11", I can see 4 in 10 saying no. What truthers never understand is that there are degrees within that 40 percent. Some think, well they likely didn't tell us everything because they never do and never give thermite a second thought or first thought for that matter. You'd proobably find less than five percent of that some 100 people who feel there is some sort of conspiracy.

There are degrees of disbelief. Truthers never acknowledge that. The reason is that they never had a victory in their quest to tar the government and any nugget of dischord is something they pay homage to.

LOL...I saw this theory on the sci channel.

The phenomena is known as buckling and I think the video, while interesting was very incorrect since under such large deformations you could not simply assume a static load.

The phenomena is known as buckling and I think the video, while interesting was very incorrect since under such large deformations you could not simply assume a static load.
The kinetic energy capitalizes on the weakend structure

The kinetic energy capitalizes on the weakend structure

Mostly just the acceleration, of course I am sure some redundencies were taken into account when designing the WTC. The thing is, once one floor fails, the building has to hold that much more, and each piece deflects more and more until eventually your saftey factor is all taken up. Heat can travel through steel very quickly so it was only a matter of time.

(I voted for Gore by the way)

Even though I am conservative in thinking on many issues....for example I support most wars for many logical and strategic reasons....I too voted for Gore in 2000.

Gore had a detailed economic plan all layed out to keep America going....all Bush had was a catch phrase "fuzzy math" and still many Americans voted for him.

I was extremely disappointed in the average I.Q. level of the average American after the 2000 election.

Perhaps there should be minimum I.Q. requirements to be able to vote for a political leader?

Last edited:

I was extremely disappointed in the average I.Q. level of the average American after the 2000 election.

Perhaps there should be minimum I.Q. requirements to be able to vote for a political leader?

You were not disapointed before the 2000 election? What has changed other than time?
IQ requirement to be able to vote is a interesting idea. I may go for that since many people who don't have the same political view as me wouldn't qualify.:lol:

Last edited:

Chandler proves they blew it all to hell

Below the pic is a very good video showing evidence of cutter charges blowing out the corner steel columns all the way down...

911-2.jpg

YouTube- Cutter Charges in the North Tower of the World Trade Center

and again

YouTube- WTC NORTH TOWER EXPLODING, David Chandler, AE911truth.org

Last edited:

why would they need explosives when they used super thermite? :confused:

The reason 38% of Americans don't believe the explanation for the collapse of the Word Trade Center is that they're ignorant and easily led.

Since I'm a structural engineer and a US veteran, I'm neither ignorant nor easily led. That's why I'm not in that lower third that accounts for more sales of aluminum foil than any other group in the nation.

Cause: Maniacal murdering muslim misappropriates modern mode of transport and mashes massively tall building.

Effect: Building falls down.

Occam's Razor is satisfied, and I don't have to be bothered posting about M/Z, P/A, reduced yield and ultimate tensile strengths in an elevated thermal environment, or the transmission of impact shock loads through a structure at that structure's speed of sound.

CD:
Your photos of the cutter charges has been proven not to be true as stated on the other threads discussing 9/11. As I said, there is nothing new out. Its just rehashing the same data. This again points out the taking of a photo(s) and misrepresenting the evidence.

Here is a suggestion. Present a photo, vid with what you think is true. Then also link to sites that refute your stance and state why they are wrong. Then present evidence not opinion from you or others that your theory is correct. You have taken the stance the accepted report on 9/11 is wrong. It is up to you to prove that is true. The post you gave #18, is nothing more than opinion.

The vertical columns were not overlooked. They were damaged by the planes. They were also not "one length of steel from bedrock to the top floor". Until you understand that, everything will continue to be a mystery to you.
Umm... that's an overstatement :
fig_3_3.png

This damage being spread over 3 or so floors.

Yes, the second you ask ANY question of the government you're a tin hat conspiracy theorist racist commy that lives with your parents, never had a job, is or should be on anti-psychotics.

It's just the way it is... people should know that in america we don't question the government.

why would they need explosives when they used super thermite? :confused:

If you read the documentation on nano-aluminum incendiaries, you'll see that with different mixes and materials they can create explosive or incendiary effects.

The reason 38% of Americans don't believe the explanation for the collapse of the Word Trade Center is that they're ignorant and easily led.

Since I'm a structural engineer and a US veteran, I'm neither ignorant nor easily led. That's why I'm not in that lower third that accounts for more sales of aluminum foil than any other group in the nation.

I've recently come to respect your opinions, but frankly this following explanation simply does not cut the mustard.

Cause: Maniacal murdering muslim misappropriates modern mode of transport and mashes massively tall building.

Ok, fair. In spite of the fact that it ignores the direct ties that the Bush and Bin Laden families have together... and the intelligence assets (several of them) that have violated gag orders to declare that OBL was working with the CIA up until 9-11. The known fact that the CIA funded bin laden back in the 80's through the ISI as a proxy to fight the russians, and so on. I'm still willing to accept that OBL did the recruiting of the hijackers.

Effect: Building falls down.

Take the above linked picture, that's what NIST was using for building 1's damage. Then they silently used the assumption that this removed ALL of the fireproofing on the floors affected, built on that assumption to say that ALL the steel was heated significantly to weaken and fail simultaneously, and that once the horizontal columns 'let go' of the vertical columns that they simultaneously PULLED DOWN those vertical columns... kinda like how if you're dangling from a tree branch that you're weight can break the branch in the moment AFTER you let go of it.

Occam's Razor is satisfied, and I don't have to be bothered posting about M/Z, P/A, reduced yield and ultimate tensile strengths in an elevated thermal environment, or the transmission of impact shock loads through a structure at that structure's speed of sound.

I can also see that occams razor being satisfied if that's the ONLY evidence you're looking at...

CD:
Your photos of the cutter charges has been proven not to be true as stated on the other threads discussing 9/11. As I said, there is nothing new out. Its just rehashing the same data. This again points out the taking of a photo(s) and misrepresenting the evidence.

Here is a suggestion. Present a photo, vid with what you think is true. Then also link to sites that refute your stance and state why they are wrong. Then present evidence not opinion from you or others that your theory is correct. You have taken the stance the accepted report on 9/11 is wrong. It is up to you to prove that is true. The post you gave #18, is nothing more than opinion.

Look the air pressure theory that was presented as the reason for those 'squibbs' doesn't hold water... if you look at the videos you can SEE that the lower squibbs occurred at times PRIOR to some squibbs higher up on the building, in some sections.

That said, can you explain the mechanics / aerodynamics that would allow pressure to buildup 40 floors from the collapse wave and expending that energy outward from the building seconds before the next buildup breaks a window 20 stories closer to the collapse wave?

BM:
Other threads have discussed the squibbs. If I have time today, I will try and find the link the the website. You will just diss it because it won't give the answer you want. Same as I diss sites that just give opinions.

Think I will throw this back to you. Can you explain the mechanics / physics in using nano thermite to take the WTC down? Not in general terms but in technical detail? WTC photos do not enough evidence of controled explosion all the way down, as you see in controlled demo of other buildings.

Chandler proves they blew it all to hell

Below the pic is a very good video showing evidence of cutter charges blowing out the corner steel columns all the way down...

911-2.jpg

YouTube- Cutter Charges in the North Tower of the World Trade Center

and again

YouTube- WTC NORTH TOWER EXPLODING, David Chandler, AE911truth.org
I've watched these videos and I believe them to be wrong. The jets in the first video have a velocity that matches the velocity of the falling top of the tower and that should show that they arrive out of displacement of the material not as explosions that predate the falling.

In the second video, the explosions occur as the tower is falling down. But in demolitions, explosions have to come first and they precede the tower falling down, I think. Whenever I've seen demolitions I've seen explosions occurring for the first 2 seconds, then the tower falling down the next 2 seconds. Also, you could never time those explosions to perfectly match the falling down of the tower so precisely. These explosions are results from displacements as the tower is falling down.

Also, his analysis at the end of the second video of the falling block I think is wrong because the falling block has velocity and has kinetic energy capable of destroying the bottom floors consistently. Imagine a tall tower of cards capable of supporting just barely a metal block of sufficient weight to just barely stand on the cards when placed motionless. Now drop this block from some height on top of the same house of cards, even though the forces are the same, the house of cards will go flying. Stationary tower and tower with some velocity are not the same.

I think that this is just reading too much into things that look odd in the video rather than definitive evidence.

I have little to add here, I was just immensely amused by the URL of this thread: debatepolitics.com/conspiracy-theories/75856-basic-9-11-physics-and-why-over-38-americans-dont-believe-official-story-3.html...

I'll be quiet now.

Back
Top Bottom