• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bashing Religion

At our age, dying is the next big thing. I don't think about rushing to my grave any more than I think about a god. Neither plays a part in my life. I honestly try to live by the live and let live idea. If a person wants to believe in a god fine. All I ask is don't try to convert me. I've been in walmart a few times where there is this I presume super religious lady also shopping. You can hear her singing about god all over the store. To me that is carrying things to an extreme.
We all have our individual personal spiritual journeys. But I must admit: There's nothing worse-than proselytizers! Agreed!

Welcome to DP. You will encounter some very rude people here if you stay, but I hope you do (stay, that is).

Thank you, stevecanuck. DP has impressed me so far. I am very political but have never been part of a forum that was dedicated to politics. The fora to which I have belonged were about totally different subjects. I always tried to find a corner of them in which to discuss politics. Generally when people discuss politics (and religion) there is at least some rudeness. I really enjoy intelligent, informed people, however. And when the rudeness is amusing, as long as it doesn't make me wince for its object, it is not all bad.

Then you need to go back to Newfoundland, I am sure you will find it more to your liking, and we will trust law enforcement to enforce our laws, not leftist crybabies.

I am afraid that you have not mastered the art of reading for comprehension, so I will assist you by explaining a small amount of what you have misconstrued. My impression is that it might take a very long time to explain more than a small amount of what you have misconstrued, because your entire worldview is quite atavistic.

I am not from Newfoundland. You apparently jumped to the conclusion that I was Canadian just as you jump to other conclusions here rather than checking the facts.

If you become more informed, it may be enjoyable to converse with you in the future.

The Bible tells him to love everybody.
"(...)Each and every Christian is commanded to stand up and resist all forms of oppression and injustice, in a peaceful manner.

This means Christians are required to be actively involved in speaking out and standing up against those perpetrators of oppression and injustice - be it government, employers, and even husbands and fathers in the home.(...)"

Christians should stand against oppression and injustice - Bulawayo24 News

I am afraid that you have not mastered the art of reading for comprehension, so I will assist you by explaining a small amount of what you have misconstrued. My impression is that it might take a very long time to explain more than a small amount of what you have misconstrued, because your entire worldview is quite atavistic.

I am not from Newfoundland. You apparently jumped to the conclusion that I was Canadian just as you jump to other conclusions here rather than checking the facts.

If you become more informed, it may be enjoyable to converse with you in the future.

I apparently jumped to the conclusion that you are Canadian because I have yet to meet anyone who would call themselves "Newfiemom" just for laughs. Silly me.

"(...)Each and every Christian is commanded to stand up and resist all forms of oppression and injustice, in a peaceful manner.

This means Christians are required to be actively involved in speaking out and standing up against those perpetrators of oppression and injustice - be it government, employers, and even husbands and fathers in the home.(...)"

You are quoting something from an opinion piece that was on a news site from where??? :lamo:roll::lamo

Hold on while I find some random blog to counter your well reasoned, and highly thought out post....

I apparently jumped to the conclusion that you are Canadian because I have yet to meet anyone who would call themselves "Newfiemom" just for laughs. Silly me.

Maybe she has one of these:

Newfoundland_dog_Smoky.jpg

You are quoting something from an opinion piece that was on a news site from where??? :lamo:roll::lamo

Hold on while I find some random blog to counter your well reasoned, and highly thought out post....

The article gives the scriptural evidence for the opinion, but you probably didn't get that far.

I'd like to see scriptures from the Bible that support that claim...I can think of a few that do not, including Jesus' own actions...John 15:19; 17:16; John 6:15; John 18:33-36...

The Bible admonishes a Christian to “be in subjection to the superior authorities” and to “be peaceable with all men"...Romans 12:18; 13:1...the Bible urges Christians to maintain their conduct fine among the nations and to remain subject to human governments, even if those in authority are hard to please or are unreasonable.​..1 Peter 2:12, 13, 18...Christians know this world will never change as long as Satan is the ruler...1 John 5:19...

It does not mean Christians are apathetic to the world’s problems or unwilling to take positive action...Christians are told to be active in the work of preaching and teaching the good news of God’s Kingdom​...the very Kingdom government for which Jesus taught his followers to pray....the true hope for mankind...Matthew 6:10; 24:14...

I'd like to see scriptures from the Bible that support that claim...I can think of a few that do not, including Jesus' own actions...John 15:19; 17:16; John 6:15; John 18:33-36...

The Bible admonishes a Christian to “be in subjection to the superior authorities” and to “be peaceable with all men"...Romans 12:18; 13:1...the Bible urges Christians to maintain their conduct fine among the nations and to remain subject to human governments, even if those in authority are hard to please or are unreasonable.​..1 Peter 2:12, 13, 18...Christians know this world will never change as long as Satan is the ruler...1 John 5:19...

It does not mean Christians are apathetic to the world’s problems or unwilling to take positive action...Christians are told to be active in the work of preaching and teaching the good news of God’s Kingdom​...the very Kingdom government for which Jesus taught his followers to pray....the true hope for mankind...Matthew 6:10; 24:14...

The scriptural evidence is in the article. I know JWs are great believers in doing nothing, you don't even vote. But the rest of us are trying to be good stewards of the place we have been given.

The scriptural evidence is in the article. I know JWs are great believers in doing nothing, you don't even vote. But the rest of us are trying to be good stewards of the place we have been given.

I read the article and it twists the scriptures to mean what it wants it to mean...I gave the same scriptures in my post...Acts 5:29 refers to only disobeying the authorities if they are demanding you break God's laws...then it's most definitely "obey God rather than man"...

You mean you believed that you had not never met anyone who called himself by an appellation for a reason other than the one you had assumed. You probably never checked out whether your assumptions were correct in those cases just as you did not about my user name. You are very self-satisfied and not very inclined to research.

Last edited:
You mean you believed that you had not never met anyone who called himself by an appellation for a reason other than the one you had assumed. You probably never checked out whether your assumptions were correct in those cases just as you did not about my user name. You are very self-satisfied and not very inclined to research.

Looks like you are shooting from the hip with your claim that I shoot from the hip. Got it.

Oh, that's much better. People who claim to be parents of animals are much easier to suss out.

...says the man who was unable to "suss out" a person who "claimed to be the parent of an animal". If it's so easy to do and you cannot do it, that says that you cannot do even the most simple tasks. No surprise there. And that is one gorgeous Newfie in the photo. I no longer have mine. My current dog is a mixed breed rescue who came to me with horrible scars. But he is also cherished.

Yes, silly you. What people call themselves on an anonymous forum means nothing.

Back
Top Bottom