• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bartering

I barter quite a bit. I don't want chickens so I made a deal with a local that sells eggs, firewood for eggs. I have bartered lumber for welding on my tractor and once talked my dentist into trading dental work for 10x10 beams he needed for a barn he was having renovated. It's a great system I think.

Make sure you save 10-20% of your wood for the IRS.

My last F&I guy where I bought my car was talking about bartering. He bartered an old 1st generation iPad, and eventually bartered his way up to a really nice 26' boat. Didn't spend a dime, and went from an iPad that only worked sporadically, to a speedboat.

My last F&I guy where I bought my car was talking about bartering. He bartered an old 1st generation iPad, and eventually bartered his way up to a really nice 26' boat. Didn't spend a dime, and went from an iPad that only worked sporadically, to a speedboat.

I'm the guy that starts out with a speedboat and ends up with a broken iPad.

I'm the guy that starts out with a speedboat and ends up with a broken iPad.

THat would probably be my story if I gave bartering a try. :lol: I'll just have to stick with cash-and-carry.

THat would probably be my story if I gave bartering a try. :lol: I'll just have to stick with cash-and-carry.

I rarely come out ahead with anything I ever tried to sell. I always seem to be the person someone else makes a deal on.

I'd seen it on tv and heard about it from friends but didn't quite believe it that people could really trade up until it happened to me.

My daughter was given a Nintendo ds but no games so instead of going to buy some someone suggested I try bartering for games. So I put up an ancient cell phone I had and just like that someone offered me an Xbox 360 with loads of games and extras. Took that and put it up and now I am an owner of a really nice pop up camper. Wow I just can't believe it, I went from an old flip phone to a pop up camper in 2 days, I am amazed and hooked now!

Anyone else like to barter and what's your success story?

We do it out in the countryside quite a bit. It's the Old Time Way.

One day we swapped one engineer and two helpers with shovels for a few hours to help a neighbor get his septic system working right, in exchange for a couple hour's use of the Backhoe he'd rented, for instance.

I recently traded some diagnostic time for target crowning on one of my rifles and 3 partial cans of gunpowder, does that count?

I'd seen it on tv and heard about it from friends but didn't quite believe it that people could really trade up until it happened to me.

My daughter was given a Nintendo ds but no games so instead of going to buy some someone suggested I try bartering for games. So I put up an ancient cell phone I had and just like that someone offered me an Xbox 360 with loads of games and extras. Took that and put it up and now I am an owner of a really nice pop up camper. Wow I just can't believe it, I went from an old flip phone to a pop up camper in 2 days, I am amazed and hooked now!

Anyone else like to barter and what's your success story?
I traded in your future for a grudge match I cannot win. :)

I turned $400 into a pocket load of disappointment at the track yesterday - does that count?

Back
Top Bottom