• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Barr testimony suggests Mueller final report wont be released

The question is, why don't you want to SEE the full report? Forget this being about Trump, insert a Dem for all I care. Wouldn't you want to see the full report? I understand sources would need to be redacted, but why wouldn't you want to see it?
The potential that it might contain classified information or reference other investigations still in progress may be a factor. Or to protect persons not under investigation who may have served as sources.

Chaps your ass that you won't get the full report, doesn't it?
:lamo

I'm sure it chaps your ass that there's this thing called a subpoena that the House will issue to get its hands on the report, whether Barr wants to hand it over or not.

Oh wait, you don't know what you're talking about. I forgot.

I am of the opinion that Mueller has a slew of indictments, plea agreements, cooperating witnesses. Many trials hived off, and as usual Mueller will use speaking indictments.

As for chapped asses those going to jail may complain about that condition

Yep, as usual, the cultists are all for hiding anything that might besmirch their precious leader...

So...people breaking the law is okay with you...as long as you can see the full report.

If Mueller or someone else who had access to the report gave it to a member of Congress or a reporter, what law would be broken?

:lamo

I'm sure it chaps your ass that there's this thing called a subpoena that the House will issue to get its hands on the report, whether Barr wants to hand it over or not.

Oh wait, you don't know what you're talking about. I forgot.

If any House committee issues a subpoena, all they get is a redacted report.

Barr testimony suggests Mueller final report wont be released

good luck keeping it from leaking. they'd be better off just releasing it.

If Mueller or someone else who had access to the report gave it to a member of Congress or a reporter, what law would be broken?

Giving classified information to people unauthorized to receive it. That is against the law.

People have gone to jail for doing that kind of stuff.

Giving classified information to people unauthorized to receive it. That is against the law.

Can you quote the law you are referring to?

If any House committee issues a subpoena, all they get is a redacted report.
Wrong, they'll get the entire report, and choose what they wish to redact.

Barr said today that a sitting President cannot be indicted. So that takes the court system as a check and balance out of the equation. That leaves only impeachment through the House and trial in the Senate. So the evidence will be held in the Mueller report that the House needs to pursue impeachment and they must have it.

Otherwise, the Executive Branch can exercise such a restrictive control mechanism that impeachment is impossible and the Constitution cannot be followed.

I gotta say Barr gave the right answers but I'm very Leary of him. I'm skeptical that he is another deep state politico who is gonna put protecting the DOJ in front of the good of the nation. I think trump made a mistake with this guy. I hope I'm wrong because he is going to walk through this process.

Btw mike Lee's line of questioning was awesome

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Can you quote the law you are referring to?

Nope. But I can give you an example of someone who went to jail for passing classified information to a reporter.

Liking or hating Trump has nothing to do with everyone what the outcome is in full.

shrug...

The only ones who are howling about not being able to see the full report are Trump haters.

Barr said today that a sitting President cannot be indicted. So that takes the court system as a check and balance out of the equation. That leaves only impeachment through the House and trial in the Senate. So the evidence will be held in the Mueller report that the House needs to pursue impeachment and they must have it.

Otherwise, the Executive Branch can exercise such a restrictive control mechanism that impeachment is impossible and the Constitution cannot be followed.

Too bad.

Wrong, they'll get the entire report, and choose what they wish to redact.

Nope. The only members of Congress that have unrestricted access to classified information is the Gang of Eight.

Nope. But I can give you an example of someone who went to jail for passing classified information to a reporter.

So you have nothing to support your claim. Got it loud and clear.

What does that even mean? Are you approving of screwing the American people out of their constitutional protections because that is certainly what it sounds like you are advocating.

What does that even mean? Are you approving of screwing the American people out of their constitutional protections because that is certainly what it sounds like you are advocating.

???

How do you figure Americans are being screwed out of their constitutional protections?

???

How do you figure Americans are being screwed out of their constitutional protections?

Impeachment is a protection against presidential crimes. If the Congress cannot access the available information, then the Constitution has been short circuited by the Executive Branch is withholding that information necessary for the Congress to do its constitutional duty.

Back
Top Bottom