• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Barr has now made it very clear, The DOJ is Trump's personal law firm!!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
U.S. Justice Department Is Looking To Take Over Trump's Defense In Assault Lawsuit Against Him
That's right, the DOJ is now going to defend Trump in a civil defamation case. There is no way that the government should be using tax payers money to defend Trump in a personal case brought against him by another American citizen. Trump brought this case upon himself by his actions and he must pay for his own attorneys. I can not conceive if anyone thinking that this is the right thing for the DOJ to be doing. Even the most ardent Trump follower and especially every real conservatives all ought to be saying hell no. I suspect that will not be the case, but this just shows that those who have been saying that Barr is acting not like the AG, but Trump's personal attorney are correct.

lovely. Well he gives away his salary, but he gets the DOJ as his personal legal team for free.

lol

lovely. Well he gives away his salary, but he gets the DOJ as his personal legal team for free.

lol

It is not lovely, it is one step closer to a kind dictatorship, Trump style.

You taxpayer, will pay for Trump defense against his rape victim. SUCKER. LOSER.

I have NEVER felt like such a sucker, as when I pay for Trump to defend himself against defamation remarks against his rape victim. Although he raped her as a private citizen, Barr will intercede for Trump. He wont appear.

Trump's Surprise Media Event With Bill Clinton Accusers - YouTube
-------------------------------------------------

Bill Barr's DOJ says Trump was acting as president when he allegedly defamed woman who accused him

President Donald Trump is seeking to have tax-payer lawyers defend him in a case revolving over whether he lied about raping a woman.

“The U.S. Justice Department is seeking to take over the defense of President Donald Trump in a defamation suit brought by advice columnist E. Jean Carroll, who claims Trump raped her two decades ago,” Bloomberg News reported Tuesday.

Carroll is seeking to depose Trump in the case and have him provide a DNA sample to match against the dress she still has from the alleged attack.

“Because President Trump was acting within the scope of his office or employment at the time of the incident out of which the plaintiff’s claim arose, the United States will file a motion to substitute itself for President Trump in this action” Bill Barr’s Department of Justice said in the filing.

Bill Barr’s DOJ says Trump was acting as president when he allegedly defamed woman who accused him of rape: report – Raw Story

We are just now coming to this conclusion?

56 Days to November 3rd

tenor.gif

Unless and until Barr can make a case that this was his duty in compliance with his oath there's no there there.

It is consistent with Barr's idea that the President is above the law and not subject to the law.

Where the Trump supporters to defend this action?

U.S. Justice Department Is Looking To Take Over Trump's Defense In Assault Lawsuit Against Him
That's right, the DOJ is now going to defend Trump in a civil defamation case. There is no way that the government should be using tax payers money to defend Trump in a personal case brought against him by another American citizen. Trump brought this case upon himself by his actions and he must pay for his own attorneys. I can not conceive if anyone thinking that this is the right thing for the DOJ to be doing. Even the most ardent Trump follower and especially every real conservatives all ought to be saying hell no. I suspect that will not be the case, but this just shows that those who have been saying that Barr is acting not like the AG, but Trump's personal attorney are correct.

It's well established precedent that federal elected officials can't be sued for defamation. Ms. Carroll should be fined for filing a frivolous lawsuit.

Where the Trump supporters to defend this action?

It always takes them a little while to get their propaganda narrative orders and then to regurgitate it.

So, is Political Tribune an offshoot of The Atlantic?

It's well established precedent that federal elected officials can't be sued for defamation. Ms. Carroll should be fined for filing a frivolous lawsuit.

That's is....attack the woman that claims to have been raped. You're such a loyal Trumpista.

Only one problem, she has 'the dress'.

As part of the suit, Carroll is now seeking a DNA sample to compare with DNA from skin cells found on a dress that Carroll says she was wearing when the assault occurred. “Unidentified male DNA on the dress could prove that Donald Trump not only knows who I am, but also that he violently assaulted me in a dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman and then defamed me by lying about it and impugning my character,”

Only if they are acting in their official capacity. THis was a personal issue not related to Trump's official capacity. I know these simple issues are hard for some people to understand or that they do not wish to understand, but she is well within her rights to do so. I suspect this will not stand up in court, but that Barr is hoping to push this issue past the election.

lol
His “charitable” act is a slap in the face of Americans. Just one of his weekend trips to his own clubs in FL or NJ costs the American people millions of dollars more, and as an added bonus for Trump, he directly profits from those weekends.

Barr made his position clear from the beginning.
891E6941-3AF5-4F93-B2C0-9A1C51EBBCDF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom