• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Barney Frank: "Give us more authority"

Yes, he is talking about getting more power for his party by attempting to get more of them democratically elected. Not only is that not unconstitutional or worrisome from a civil liberties perspective, it's exactly what any politician is expected to do. I understand you disagree with the Democratic party and its policies (I do as well) but you can't blame them for campaigning, the Republicans are doing the same thing. There's no conspiracy here.

I don't think asking for more authority is good for any party. we elect them to represent us, not rule us.

I don't think asking for more authority is good for any party. we elect them to represent us, not rule us.

That's fair, but this is how our system works, if you're going to fault someone for operating within that system at least don't try to make it seem like it's only the Democrats doing it, everyone does.

That's fair, but this is how our system works, if you're going to fault someone for operating within that system at least don't try to make it seem like it's only the Democrats doing it, everyone does.

You find me a republican wanting more authority and claiming so, we can add him to the list.

What I'm saying is that the authority you're blaming them for wanting is just wanting to get more Democrats in Congress. I don't need to find a Republican saying the same thing, obviously they share the same goal.

What I'm saying is that the authority you're blaming them for wanting is just wanting to get more Democrats in Congress. I don't need to find a Republican saying the same thing, obviously they share the same goal.

I think Authority is a poor choice of words, though one where I am told where I can enjoy a find puro, or how much salt or fat I can put in my BBQ, or how I have to lock up my guns and which guns I can buy for example, I tend to think I know just what kind of "authority" Mr. Frank is referring to,

Well then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I honestly don't get that at all from what he said.

Just out of curiousity which of you actually notices that regardless of party affiliation Reps and Dems are practically the same. Both want more power and authority so the whole idea that this is only the Democrat doing in false. And I find the serious partisan to be detrimental to this nation. Both parties majority are retards.:roll:

Back
Top Bottom