• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Barking While Black?

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
GAINSEVILLE, Fla. – After Antonio Morrison was arrested Sunday for barking at a police dog, the Florida State Attorney's Office dropped the misdemeanor chargers against Morrison on Tuesday afternoon, according to reports.

A former Bolingbrook High School football star currently playing for the University of Florida, Morrison was taken into custody early Sunday morning for barking at a K-9 police dog inside a squad car and resisting arrest, according to reports....

Charges against Antonio Morrison for barking at police dog, resisting arrest dropped | Suburban Life Media

“The charge of interfering with a police animal requires malice, and none exists,” State Attorney Bill Cervone told The Associated Press. “It also requires that the animal be engaged in some official duty, and it cannot be said that sitting in the back of a police cruiser in case he is needed constitutes being engaged in such activity.”

Read more: Antonio Morrison, Florida linebacker arrested for barking at a police dog, has charges dismissed  - NY Daily News

Honestly, I really do think this was about Barking While Black. I mean ​arresting the guy?? You?

Insufficient information.

Insufficient information.

Why? It says very clearly he was arrested for barking at a police dog in a squad car and resisting arrest. I'd resist arrest, too, if I got arrested because I woof-woofed at an off-duty K9. Come on!!

(Who hasn't done that at a dog sitting in a car?)

Harassing a police dog in order to get it barking and clawing at the window is the same as police harassment. These dogs are cops. When they get killed in the line of duty they get medals and all the respect a human cop gets. The kid is lucky he wasn't thrown in the back seat with the dog he purposely agitated.

Charges against Antonio Morrison for barking at police dog, resisting arrest dropped | Suburban Life Media

Honestly, I really do think this was about Barking While Black. I mean ​arresting the guy?? You?

I don't think it was racial and I think the arrest is stupid, however, I think the police officer was just egotistical and protective of his dog. Getting a police dog riled up is not a good thing, especially if the dog has to be used soon after that. I'm not using that as an excuse for an arrest, but it isn't a good thing nonetheless.

While not "arrest worthy" IMO, the kid was a punk and acting like an ass IMO from the information seen here.

I don't know all the details on this but I'd have to disagree with you Maggie on this one. If the idiot was barking at a dog locked in a police car and the police asked him to stop and he didn't, I'd arrest the fool too. If, however, they didn't ask him to stop, just tried to arrest him and he resisted, that may be another story.

This, in some ways, reminds me of that story last week about the black guy harrassing the police on an operation and his dog ends up getting shot. Why are some people insistent on interferring in police matters and making asses of themselves? Walk on by and mind your own business and I'll bet you won't come to any harm.

If Urban Meyer was still coach there, this wouldn't crack the top 20 of legal incidents with players.

With Meyer, you recruit thugs and killers. With Muschamp, you get some bonehead who screwed with a dog.

It's trivial. Police has nothing better to do?

The state attorney said that the arrest was "legally inappropriate".

Seems a settled matter. imho.

If someone is in a bad mood, don't **** with their dog.

Well aware, eco. Well aware.

Gainesville is just an overall better place to live with Meyer gone.

Not so sure, the championships were nice.

Zimmerman was found not guilty. Is that a settled matter?
Purple monkey dishwasher

There's debate about whether or not Earth is flat. Is that a settled matter? And wtf does it have to do with this issue?
We may never know.

Not so sure, the championships were nice.

It almost didn't happen. Tebow was an inch away from signing with Alabama, but I imagine the coaching chaos and a few down seasons shifted his attention to Florida. If Saban had been there 3 years earlier, I fully believe that Tebow would've signed with the Tide and that damned school up north of me would be a dynasty of ridiculous proportions, similar to what Michigan and Yale were in the beginning of the 20th century.

It almost didn't happen. Tebow was an inch away from signing with Alabama, but I imagine the coaching chaos and a few down seasons shifted his attention to Florida. If Saban had been there 3 years earlier, I fully believe that Tebow would've signed with the Tide and that damned school up north of me would be a dynasty of ridiculous proportions, similar to what Michigan and Yale were in the beginning of the 20th century.

2 football and 2 basketball (back to back), in 3 years, while I was in class full-time, was pretty awesome.

2 football and 2 basketball (back to back), in 3 years, while I was in class full-time, was pretty awesome.

I was close to it. I graduated high school in '96 and Michigan won a national championship soon after, but I transferred from community college. I missed it.

If Michigan wasn't hosed in the 2006 UM-OSU game, Michigan would've played Florida for the national championship, and won. Michigan beat Florida in a bowl with Tebow (in fact, I think it's the only bowl game Tebow lost), so beating a Florida team with Chris Weak would've been gravy.

You got lucky playing the cheater college that couldn't move the ball with a rocketship.

If someone is in a bad mood, don't **** with their dog.

It takes a special kind of stupid to harrass innocent animals. I think this is more a case of "barking while dumbass" than it is about the guy being black.

If Michigan wasn't hosed in the 2006 UM-OSU game, Michigan would've played Florida for the national championship, and won.

Oh, I don't know, Mags. I don't think it had a thing to do with being black and more to do with harassment of a police officer, which K9's are...police officers.

On a side note, this reminds me of...

Years ago I had two chows. A neighbor kid (annoying bugger that he was) would taunt the dogs by kicking the fence, barking at them and throwing rocks at them. Then one day, the dumbass climbed the fence to get a stray ball and one of my chows nipped at him. Nipped, not bit...didn't draw blood.

Long story short, we had to have the dog destroyed because the little asshole kid (15) had tormented my dogs in their own yard, and they remembered that. However, the authorities said the dog was "dangerous" and they didn't care in the least that there was an ongoing issue with this kid or that he was on my property in a fenced yard.

I'd warned the kid, talked to his father, called the police...the whole nine yards.

That bring said, a police dog is a member of the police force. You assault them, taunt them, etc...it's no different than if you had done it to a person.

I'd of attested him too.

Back
Top Bottom