• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Barack Obama: "This is the America I know"

That's my point. It's empty rhetoric to say "come work for us if you want to make a difference," when you don't back it up with action.

Anyone can apply.

There are background checks, educational requirements, physical tests, etc. Just like any job.

You're not going to hold Obama responsible for a damned thing.

Several years ago I posted an entire article on blogcritics.org (where I pretty much resided before DP) about how opposed I was to Obama's use of drones. I can't find the article now - I posted something like a hundred or so articles there...but I certainly did.

Like most liberals, I've stated many times that at least in his first few years of his office, he was naive about just how obstructive the GOP had become. For instance, during the debt-ceiling negotiations when John Boehner came out bragging that "We got 98% of what we wanted!" - that's a great example of Obama rolling over to give the GOP pretty much whatever they wanted just to get them on board with saving our economy. As a side note, the Right immediately castigated Boehner (!) for even entering into negotiations with Obama in the first place.

If you'd ever listened to left-wing pundits, you'd have heard how strongly they oppose the TPP, which Obama supports. You'd have heard how strongly they oppose his actions concerning Bradley/Chelsea Manning. You'd have heard how strongly they opposed his adoption of the Heritage-Foundation-designed plan that we now call "Obamacare", instead of going with the public option.

But you won't have heard much of any of that, because you've convinced yourself that we all worship at his altar.

NOW...I've told you what I (and my fellows on the left) have held Obama responsible for. Have you got the intestinal fortitude to publicly state what you give Obama credit for (without going down the road of sarcasm and snarkiness)?

I won't hold my breath.

Because it's true. The BLM terrorists are of his making. He's the president and like with Bush, everything is his fault. What's wrong with holding Obama to the same standard you held Bush?

Stop with the pitty party.

Really? Got a challenge for you: I'll write an article listing what I honestly feel that Bush did good and right...and you write an article stating what you honestly feel Obama did that was good and right. No snarkiness, no sarcasm allowed. I'll brag on Bush, you brag on Obama.

Why? Because it's not right to look only at what a person does wrong - one also has to look at what that person does that is right.

Can you do this? I mean, can you honestly state what Obama's done that really is good and right for America? And no ignoring how our economy's done very well indeed during his watch, especially given how hard the Right tried to stop everything - and I mean everything - he tried to do...and did.

1. The companies must and will give whatever information the government requires to the government as long as they legally present a search warrant, including MAC addresses.

They have to have a search warrant that specifies what it is they are looking for. They can't just serve a warrant for a MAC address that they have no clue what it is.

2. If someone really wants to, yes, they can go to a WiFi hotspot and try to use them...but most hotspots require signing in via a website, and agreeing to this or that boilerplate user agreement...and so the place has the identifying information of that computer, if not necessarily the user at that moment. What's more, many (though not most) such places have cameras.

None that I use. Like the BK Wi-Fi that I mentioned. No sign in required. No info required. Nothing. No camera's around the outside for the BK around here either. Some on the inside, but none facing the parking lot.

There's no such possible oversight of firearms...unless we require registration of all firearms.

:shrug: So? None is required or even useful. That's why Canada got rid of their long arm registration system.

And concerning the link - is this still about Obama's speech? C'mon, you're better with computers than I am - JGI.

Don't know if I'm better at computers than you or not. I do know a bit though. By no means am I an expert though.

And yes, I would like to still see his speech. I'm certainly not going to take your "unbiased" word for it.

Anyone can apply.

There are background checks, educational requirements, physical tests, etc. Just like any job.

It's not about the requirements for any job opening; it's about what the chief said.

Whether intentionally or not, he's implying that anyone who wants to make a difference has a job waiting for them on the force, just for the asking.

It's not about the requirements for any job opening; it's about what the chief said.

Whether intentionally or not, he's implying that anyone who wants to make a difference has a job waiting for them on the force, just for the asking.

No takers .... No surprise

Those other presidents were smart enough not to publicly tell the people they are going to fundamentally change the country and then, in speeches say or imply the country is less than what it is.

Sometimes people bring onto themselves what other people say about them.

You're describing the current POTUS, of course.
What did Obama say or do to bring on the crap that the opposition said about him?
He's a Muslim.
He's a terrorist sympathizer.
He's the AntiChrist.
He's not an American. He was born in Kenya.
and that doesn't begin to touch the real tinfoil hat stuff about lizard people and such.

No matter how well Obama did, no matter how honorable and presidential and courageous he may be, y'all gotta claim he's a complete and utter failure. You can't help yourselves.

Where and when have you seen courage?

You're describing the current POTUS, of course.
What did Obama say or do to bring on the crap that the opposition said about him?
He's a Muslim.
He's a terrorist sympathizer.
He's the AntiChrist.
He's not an American. He was born in Kenya.
and that doesn't begin to touch the real tinfoil hat stuff about lizard people and such.

Or, my personal favorite, "he's out to destroy America."

Wrong. You have to look at EVERYTHING - not just what they did wrong, and not just what they did right.

If we looked only at what a president did that was wrong, every president - every single one of them - was terrible. Every one of them (with the possible exceptions of the ones whose terms were cut way short due to death or assassination) have innocent blood on their hands.

That's why you have to look at the whole picture - not just the bad stuff.

Not relevent to what I said. You were being witty, saying you hold Obama responsible for being awesome. I was simply pointing out that what you actually mean is you give him credit for being the Totes MacGotes.

Sorry apst, technically speaking, some departments do have tanks.

1884_20151008122502592412.jpg

gamesbeat_swat_tank.png

Those aren't tanks.
But, they still make Obama a hypocrite for pushing 'gun control'...

Back
Top Bottom