• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Barack Obama: "This is the America I know"

Okay. Does that mean people don't have the right to protest?

Their protests are doing more harm than good. At some point they have to realize that, unless the objective is mayhem, anyway.

Okay. Does that mean people don't have the right to protest?

You must be awfully young. No, it means if you want to make a difference within the community and within law enforcement then join up and help out. Or in other words, either put up or shut up, whining about something does not solve the problem, get up and do something that can actually make a difference and change things for the better.

Their protests are doing more harm than good. At some point they have to realize that, unless the objective is mayhem, anyway.

How is protesting wrong? Don't the people have the right to redress grievances?

Ok, show Us the tanks that American police departments have in their possession.

Sorry apst, technically speaking, some departments do have tanks.

1884_20151008122502592412.jpg

gamesbeat_swat_tank.png

Enough to make someone vommit.

How is protesting wrong? Don't the people hate the right to redress grievances?

Indeed they do, and the measures are outlined in the various constitutions. None of them include protesting.

Indeed they do, and the measures are outlined in the various constitutions. None of them include protesting.

First, yes protesting is mentioned. Second, even if not, what of it?

I doubt it, but I'll ask you to show me the tanks they have.

Already done.

tank

/taNGk/

noun

noun: tank; plural noun: tanks

1. a large receptacle or storage chamber, especially for liquid or gas.

•the container holding the fuel supply in a motor vehicle.

synonyms: container, receptacle, vat, cistern, repository, reservoir, basin
"a hot water tank"

•a receptacle with transparent sides in which to keep fish; an aquarium.

synonyms: aquarium, bowl
"a tank full of fish"

2. a heavy armored fighting vehicle carrying guns and moving on a continuous articulated metal track.

He lied. That's good?

No matter what he says, some will call it a lie. No matter what he does, some will say it's wrong. He's a Democrat and a liberal, and therefore evil, wrong, bad, deluded, or whatever. Even when he says what the opposition believes, it's wrong.

No wonder no one in their right mind wants to be president of this largely ungovernable nation.

Sorry apst, technically speaking, some departments do have tanks.

1884_20151008122502592412.jpg

gamesbeat_swat_tank.png

That's an M-117 Armored Personnel Carrier, they are not tanks, they are not an offensive weapons platform, they're a vehicle intended to carry infantryman to battle in relative safety from small arms fire and shrapnel.

No matter what he says, some will call it a lie. No matter what he does, some will say it's wrong. He's a Democrat and a liberal, and therefore evil, wrong, bad, deluded, or whatever. Even when he says what the opposition believes, it's wrong.

No wonder no one in their right mind wants to be president of this largely ungovernable nation.

He lied when he said a kid can buy a gun easier than a computer, or a book. Of course, his minions will take everything he says as the gospel.

that's an m-117 armored personnel carrier, they are not tanks, they are not an offensive weapons platform, they're a vehicle intended to carry infantryman to battle in relative safety from small arms fire and shrapnel.

m-113.....

I have no interest in listening to a known prick try to thread the needle of being both soothing and getting his political jabs in. The main thing a President should be doing in this case is making a call for law and order.

I have not read the remarks yet, but I know this prick, he does not have it in him to do the right thing.

In the unlikely event that this was a good speech I will come back and say so.

First, yes protesting is mentioned. Second, even if not, what of it?

No, it's not. If you believe it is, a quote would be nice. Peaceable assemblage is not the same as "protest".

I know, let's politicize yet another memorial for our fallen comrades.

That's an M-117 Armored Personnel Carrier, they are not tanks, they are not an offensive weapons platform, they're a vehicle intended to carry infantryman to battle in relative safety from small arms fire and shrapnel.

I understand where you're coming from, and I have no problem with police departments having the vehicles I pictured. However, by the definition, those are tanks. Even Popular Mechanics thinks they are.

Police Tanks and Armored Personnel Carriers Are Strangely Beautiful

Btw, the pictured are weapons platforms. 50cal, LRAD and water cannon can be mounted easily.

No, it's not. If you believe it is, a quote would be nice. Peaceable assemblage is not the same as "protest".

Have to ask, is there a point here? I said, even if the Constitution does not mention street protests, it's legal.

Back
Top Bottom