• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Barack Obama joined Muslim prayers at school, teacher says

Demon of Light

Bohemian Revolutionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The US President's former grade three teacher said that Mr Obama - who was known as "Barry" when he attended the Menteng One school in Jakarta - studied the Koran and went to classes on Islam, despite the objections of Ann Dunham, a Catholic.

The teacher's recollections will add to speculation about Mr Obama's links to Islam during his much-anticipated visit to Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim nation, as part of his ten-day tour of Asia.

Mr Obama attended classes on Islam while the Christians attended classes on Christianity, said Effendi. Barry, he said, was alone among the pupils in that he insisted on attending both.

Source: The Australian

I find this sort of unusual in that his mother has sometimes been described as more open-minded when it came to religion. Still it seems that Obama did have that open-minded perspective.

Good for him! I wish more people would realize that being open to other cultures and religions is not a bad thing.

Good for him! I wish more people would realize that being open to other cultures and religions is not a bad thing.
as long as it isn't christianity, just as long as it isn't christianity. Remember that people, remember that Obama, do not pray to jesus under any circumstances...

You're coming from some angle from some distant political quantum to make some sort of point, but I think I dont understand. Either that or I understand what you mean and youre just phenomenally ignorant. But its prolly just one of those 'smelly' funnies that people make sometimes.

You're coming from some angle from some distant political quantum to make some sort of point, but I think I dont understand. Either that or I understand what you mean and youre just phenomenally ignorant. But its prolly just one of those 'smelly' funnies that people make sometimes.
me or OP? (10 char)

as long as it isn't christianity, just as long as it isn't christianity. Remember that people, remember that Obama, do not pray to jesus under any circumstances...

I thought Obama spent a while in some radical black church or something. :confused:

Many of us do, but it is hush-hush.
A... robo-satano-secret.... if you will

I'm very open to Christianity. I'm just not open to having it influence the laws of this country. How do you people not get that?

Back
Top Bottom