• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Barack Obama cuts short jail sentences of 214 prisoners

LOL. In your book both being a drug dealer and being in prison automatically make you violent. That is complete nonsense. Selling drugs is a non-violent crime. Sometimes violence can come with that, but the violence itself is the violent crime, not the selling of drugs. I guess a pharmacist is violent because he sells narcotics too, right?

You are so blind.

Drug dealers are responsible from the murders in Mexico all the way to the local murders they have to commit to control their business.

Why do leftists live in such a naive world?

You can excuse drug dealers all you want. I won't.

Clearly the poster to which you're responding wants nothing more than to celebrate Fox News and hate on Obama. That's the extent of it.

What's kind of extraordinary is that he managed to write an entire post without once mentioning Clinton.

You are so blind.

Drug dealers are responsible from the murders in Mexico all the way to the local murders they have to commit to control their business.

There are scary drug dealers who shoot people, and there are drug dealers who don't. Generally speaking, the meth and coke dealers carry guns and hilarity ensues. A lot of times the dealers of pot and other psychotropics won't. But all of that is beside the point. If someone is arrested for dealing drugs, the act of selling drugs itself is non-violent. If they are arrested for threatening, assaulting or shooting someone, then therein lies the violent act.

There are scary drug dealers who shoot people, and there are drug dealers who don't. Generally speaking, the meth and coke dealers carry guns and hilarity ensues. A lot of times the dealers of pot and other psychotropics won't. But all of that is beside the point. If someone is arrested for dealing drugs, the act of selling drugs itself is non-violent. If they are arrested for threatening, assaulting or shooting someone, then therein lies the violent act.

What they are involved in is responsible for the deaths so they are as much responsible than the one that pulls the trigger.

You can deny it, but that won't bring back the dead.

Again on this topic, I want to know what these people were actually charged with before they pled down to why they are in prison right now.

In a report I heard on NPR today. It was claimed that close to a quarter of those let out had a weapons(gun) charge along with their drug chargers.

On one had Obama sheds, IMO crocodile, tears for the camera after a mass shooting and calls for tougher gun laws on law abiding citizens. Then he lets out criminals who got convicted of having a weapon.
It would appear that Obama wants tougher gun controll for political reasons. If he was concerned about citizen safety He would not be releasing offenders who have proven they will use a weapon to commit crimes.

For those other offenders who did not use a weapon I am fine with their release. The same story covered how these offenders will have classes and mandatory drug tests as a condition and failure to comply will result in their return to prison.

What they are involved in is responsible for the deaths so they are as much responsible than the one that pulls the trigger.

You can deny it, but that won't bring back the dead.

Again on this topic, I want to know what these people were actually charged with before they pled down to why they are in prison right now.

Meh. Due to minimum sentencing the justice system has precisely zero credibility as far as I'm concerned.

You are so blind.

A good point. Look where they are showing up now.

Colombians Move into Colorado Marijuana Business

Drug Traffickers Moving to Colorado to Grow Marijuana and Ship It Out of State

Drug traffickers ‘hiding in plain sight’ amid legal Colorado marijuana

I'll bet they are bringing their 'usual' business practices along with them, much to the dismay of the residents.

Neighboring Kansas sure has a problem with people smuggling their Colorado purchases into their state. Beginning to sounds like the Mexican border towns, back when you could call them sort of 'nice'. I'm sure that with some time passing, it'll become similar to the Mexican border situation we have there now.

Drug Traffickers Moving to Colorado to Grow Marijuana and Ship It Out of State

Drug traffickers ‘hiding in plain sight’ amid legal Colorado marijuana

I'll bet they are bringing their 'usual' business practices along with them, much to the dismay of the residents.

Neighboring Kansas sure has a problem with people smuggling their Colorado purchases into their state. Beginning to sounds like the Mexican border towns, back when you could call them sort of 'nice'. I'm sure that with some time passing, it'll become similar to the Mexican border situation we have there now.

I bet it will.

That is what the left wanted, right?

Republicans, eh?

Yeah, Republicans.

Who signed this into law?

Here's the roll call of the house. Read it and weep. Your argument is a fail just like how 1 =/= 50. Cherry picking some dems who support Republican policies and declaring it bipartisan is ridiculous. It may have swept the senate but if there ever is opposition to that faux conservative "tough guy" bull****, that resistance always comes from the left and it will always continue to come from the left. At least until we get some Libertarians in office who would be the only conservatives with a brain and actually would think things through rather than be a raving pack of reactionist loons who pretend to be tough with a pen.

Now Rob, why not read the rather good conversation that Cardinal and I had no the topic. K?

Or are you also volunteering to resettling all the released rapists, murders, drug dealers and pedophiles into your neighborhood.
Just have to buy a few houses and convert them into 1/2 way houses, and you'll be happy then, right?

Meh... your overly hyperbolistic Willie Horton effort here is beyond stupid. Obama is not giving early releases to rapists, murderers & pedophiles. Just some with nonviolent crimes.

Any more fail you want to present to be corrected? ;)

You are so blind.

If that business were legal there wouldn't be any killing over it. It's idiotic ruling conservative mentality of "JAIL IS THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING!!1!!!!!!" That is fostering this murdering environment.

:lol:

Yet more laughable, Pollyanna hand-wringing, trypical of the idiotic Reefer Madness mindset: "In the face of the human deaths and destruction being wrought by marijuana legalization in Colorado..." "...exposing the “seven great myths about marijuana” that have driven this unfolding disaster..."

Alarmist and emotional claptrap for suckers.

And? It's simply a matter of free market principles. Why do they frighten you so? When MJ is finally fedrally legalized, this won't be an issue.

Neighboring Kansas sure has a problem with people smuggling their Colorado purchases into their state.

No, it doesn't. It has some social conservative big gob't nanny statists up in arms, put people brining MJ into Kansas simply isn't a 'problem'.
Beginning to sounds like the Mexican border towns, back when you could call them sort of 'nice'. I'm sure that with some time passing, it'll become similar to the Mexican border situation we have there now.

You have absolutely zero clue what you're talking about.

If that business were legal there wouldn't be any killing over it. It's idiotic ruling conservative mentality of "JAIL IS THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING!!1!!!!!!" That is fostering this murdering environment.

:lol:

I am you have some way to prove that.

Yet more laughable, Pollyanna hand-wringing, trypical of the idiotic Reefer Madness mindset: "In the face of the human deaths and destruction being wrought by marijuana legalization in Colorado..." "...exposing the “seven great myths about marijuana” that have driven this unfolding disaster..."

Alarmist and emotional claptrap for suckers.

And? It's simply a matter of free market principles. Why do they frighten you so? When MJ is finally fedrally legalized, this won't be an issue.

No, it doesn't. It has some social conservative big gob't nanny statists up in arms, put people brining MJ into Kansas simply isn't a 'problem'.

You have absolutely zero clue what you're talking about.

Meanwhile how many people have to die for you to disconnect from reality?

I am you have some way to prove that.

Sure.

Tell me how many people are murdered in the cigarette trade in Mexico. Then tell me how many people in the United States are murdered over the whiskey trade.

Then alls you have to do is look at how many people in the United States were murdered over the alcohol trade during prohibition in the early 1900s.

There's your answer.

Last edited:
Meanwhile how many people have to die for you to disconnect from reality?

Thanks for proving my point: you've got nothnig but alarmist nonsense couched in sky-is-falling nonsense.

MJ never killed anyone, sport.

Please deal with reality.

Sure. Tell me how many people are murdered in the cigarette trade in Mexico. Then tell me how many people in the United States are murdered over the whiskey trade.

There's your answer.

No that is not my answer.

The cartels are not interested in cigarettes or booze.

They are not going to let go of the trade willingly.

Sure. Tell me how many people are murdered in the cigarette trade in Mexico. Then tell me how many people in the United States are murdered over the whiskey trade.

There's your answer.

Yeah, all those gangland murders over rum running are just incredibly disruptive to socie.....

Oh, hold on. There aren't any.

Thanks for proving my point: you've got nothnig but alarmist nonsense couched in sky-is-falling nonsense.

MJ never killed anyone, sport.

Please deal with reality.

Really?

I see deaths every day from the MJ trade. It must be nice to live in your closed up world or have the ability to ignore the scores of people dead from the trade.

Really?

I see deaths every day from the MJ trade. It must be nice to live in your closed up world or have the ability to ignore the scores of people dead from the trade.

That's the MJ trade, not MJ, and it must be nice to have such an active fantasy life that you have to pretend you seem them every day.

Legalize it fully and that all goes *poof* away.

But don't let reality spoil your fantasy.

No that is not my answer.

The cartels are not interested in cigarettes or booze.

They are not going to let go of the trade willingly.

They won't be able to compete with the legal market. Just like how the mafia lost all their profit from the alcohol trade once it became legal.

If I wanted to smoke a joint in Colorado and I went to a legal dispensary to buy it... what motive does anyone in that transaction have to murder anyone?

There still is a murder motive in alcohol though and that's moonshine. If you walk up on a moonshiner's still, there's a strong possibility you might get shot. Just try and guess why there's a murder motive there.

They won't be able to compete with the legal market. Just like how the mafia lost all their profit from the alcohol trade once it became legel.

If I wanted to smoke a joint in Colorado and I went to a legal dispensary to buy it... what motive does anyone in that transaction have to murder anyone?

I fear rational analysis fails when it comes to countering arguments based on emotion.

Yeah, all those gangland murders over rum running are just incredibly disruptive to socie.....

Oh, hold on. There aren't any.

that died with Jack Sparrow I believe. lol

Yeah, Republicans.

Here's the roll call of the house. Read it and weep.

From your citation.

H R 3355 RECORDED VOTE 21-Apr-1994 3:24 PM
QUESTION: ON MOTION TO INSTRUCT CONFEREES
BILL TITLE: OMNIBUS CRIME CONTROL AND SAFE STREETS ACT

AyesNoesPRESNV
Democratic292179
Republican162410
Independent1
TOTALS19122219

Doesn't look like this passed, when Ayes are 191, and Noes are 222. Are you sure this is the same bill you were thinking of?

Your argument is a fail just like how 1 =/= 50.

So the President can't veto bills?

Cherry picking some dems who support Republican policies and declaring it bipartisan is ridiculous.

I didn't think the word bipartisan ever appear in any of my posts. Perhaps you've confused me with someone else?

It may have swept the senate but if there ever is opposition to that faux conservative "tough guy" bull****, that resistance always comes from the left and it will always continue to come from the left. At least until we get some Libertarians in office who would be the only conservatives with a brain and actually would think things through rather than be a raving pack of reactionist loons who pretend to be tough with a pen.

I don't know what you are on about here.

Meh... your overly hyperbolistic Willie Horton effort here is beyond stupid. Obama is not giving early releases to rapists, murderers & pedophiles. Just some with nonviolent crimes.
Dunno know if selling poison on the streets is really doing anyone, or the society, any good.
Any more fail you want to present to be corrected? ;)
Sure! I'll allow you to revise your earlier comment. ;)

From your citation.

H R 3355 RECORDED VOTE 21-Apr-1994 3:24 PM
QUESTION: ON MOTION TO INSTRUCT CONFEREES
BILL TITLE: OMNIBUS CRIME CONTROL AND SAFE STREETS ACT

AyesNoesPRESNV
Democratic292179
Republican162410
Independent1
TOTALS19122219

Doesn't look like this passed, when Ayes are 191, and Noes are 222. Are you sure this is the same bill you were thinking of?

So the President can't veto bills?

I didn't think the word bipartisan ever appear in any of my posts. Perhaps you've confused me with someone else?

I don't know what you are on about here.

Dunno know if selling poison on the streets is really doing anyone, or the society, any good.

Sure! I'll allow you to revise your earlier comment. ;)

That was the roll call from your link. soo...

herrmancain.jpg

Back
Top Bottom