• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Baptist preacher not sad that the 5 "homos" were gunned down

Romans 1:18-32; 1 Timothy 1:8-11; and Jude, verse 7.

A cursory glance of Romans says nothing about homosexuality in the least. Timothy is a word for word copy of the same text, and as such falls into the same category. Jude just spoke of sexual immorality. Doesn't say anything about homosexuality specifically either.

I went to catholic school for ten years, never heard the word baptist.
I was Catholic until I was 20 years old. I didn't know that Baptists and Catholics are supposed to hate each other until I was 19, but victims gonna play victim.

The Baptist preacher in the OP is one reason why I no longer participate in organized religion. I have not belonged to one for decades.

I don't need a preacher to provide guidance on how I should live or my beliefs.
Catholic priests drove me away from organized religion myself.

Many of these putz's are the things they condemn.

What definition of the word "victim" includes Baptists?
Well liberals tend to use as "saying something mean or untrue about the group".

Yes they are victims in that sense.

The usual pathetic cop out. The entire ****ing world knows but those silent assholes somehow missed the memo eh?

Yea, they are clearly proving it.
Who is the Faith and Freedom Conference endorsing?
You are spouting nonsense.

I Googled " Aaron Thompson celebrated the mass shooting"

I could not find a single major outlet reporting it.

You are full of it.

Keeping their heads low no doubt over that whole Southern Baptist sex abuse thing.
All the more reason for them to speak up now.

Many of these putz's are the things they condemn.
That is the Christian way, isn't it? Judge everyone else while sinning themselves and then smugly claim superiority because they go to church once a week to talk shit about their neighbors?

Well liberals tend to use as "saying something mean or untrue about the group".

Yes they are victims in that sense.
So you subscribe to that so-called liberal definition?

What else about Baptists qualify them as victims?

I don't know who is a Baptist here.

I condemned it.
Is this what you're calling your condemnation?

"It's evil stuff, but it is being used to smear baptists."

Post 79: Simpletruther said (emphasis mine):

"I already did. And I suspect a Google search would find mainstream Baptist leaders doing the same.

"You will not find single prominent baptist leader supporting tnis."

Post 94 (emphasis mine):
Already have.

Most probably do not even know about it. Not exactly breaking news.

It shows a perception on your part painted by a biased narrative. Most any baptist leader would denounce this.
That backslid quickly.

Post 79: Simpletruther said (emphasis mine):

"I already did. And I suspect a Google search would find mainstream Baptist leaders doing the same.

"You will not find single prominent baptist leader supporting tnis."

Post 94 (emphasis mine):

That backslid quickly.
No not at all.

But you are welcome to find one. I will not hold my breath.

Then you know gay sex is wrong according to the bible?

Specifically where is homosexuality "wrong" in the Bible?

Please be specific and understand that most of the bible is NOT law, but an account of a people and how they saw their god.

You know of the two sisters who had sex with their father while he slept.... I assume you also know no harm ever came to them. As far as we know God never punished them.

And what was it about Sodom or Gamorrah that made them evil? It wasn't sex, it was how they lived like pigs with pigs "partaking of any flesh" does not mean anal sex, it means 'unclean' or "forbidden food".

By the way, the latter has changed many times over the course of the bible. Check out Leviticus and what that says about eating pork, how to "properly" slaughter and prepare it. At one time multiple wives were OK, but that changed. Why? Does God change his mind or do these dictates come from man.

Homosexuality was openly practiced in Greece, Rome, and Egypt during the time of Christ, who made not one comment on homosexuality. That should be a clue.

These ideas are spread by people who have a 'little' knowledge of the bible. Those who have studied it profusely that it's merely a record of the Isralelites and how they related to Their GOF.

Jesus died a Jew. He "converted" not. "Christian" was invented by Paul, the so called saint who is thought now to have been a homosexual.

Back
Top Bottom