• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bannon

Good4Nothin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I still have to investigate further, but it looks to me like someone was out to get Bannon. The money used for personal expenses was a tiny percent of what they raised. And Bannon didn't take any of that money, it was paid as a salary to another guy. And it was paid "through" the non-profit, not from the non-profit.

I don't know the whole story yet, but so far it seems obvious that Bannon didn't steal any money for himself, and might not have stolen any at all. Just passed it through, or laundered it. Ok, a crime but maybe not a big deal at all.

I still don't understand why Bannon would have taken a chance by committing any kind of a crime, considering how many people hate him and want him in jail. Maybe he really did not think he was doing anything terrible, because maybe he wasn't.

Democrats, don't bother commenting on this because I know what you will say and it will be illogical.

I still have to investigate further, but it looks to me like someone was out to get Bannon. The money used for personal expenses was a tiny percent of what they raised. And Bannon didn't take any of that money, it was paid as a salary to another guy. And it was paid "through" the non-profit, not from the non-profit.

I don't know the whole story yet, but so far it seems obvious that Bannon didn't steal any money for himself, and might not have stolen any at all. Just passed it through, or laundered it. Ok, a crime but maybe not a big deal at all.

I still don't understand why Bannon would have taken a chance by committing any kind of a crime, considering how many people hate him and want him in jail. Maybe he really did not think he was doing anything terrible, because maybe he wasn't.

Democrats, don't bother commenting on this because I know what you will say and it will be illogical.

So you have a biased opinion versus the indictment. Let me know how that works out.:roll:

Funny that you don't want anyone making posts contrary to your opinion.....

So you have a biased opinion versus the indictment. Let me know how that works out.:roll:

Funny that you don't want anyone making posts contrary to your opinion.....

I am telling you exactly what he was charged with.

They stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from the fund and sought to cover it up. They didn't take the odd thirty bucks here and there for Chinese takeout.

I am telling you exactly what he was charged with.

If he was 100% squeeky clean, we will find out. But, there was enough there to arrest him.

How much did you lose to the grifters?:lamo

How about if you know you are gonna be scrutinized, don't be a thief?

They stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from the fund and sought to cover it up. They didn't take the odd thirty bucks here and there for Chinese takeout.

They raised 25 million. Hundreds of thousands is a small percent. Bannon did not take any money for himself. And the money was "laundered" not stolen.

I'm not a real democrat but I'm accused of being one by Trump supporters.

Tell me what I was going to say.

Also, could you give an example of "logical". Like how stealing a 'tiny percent' isn't really a crime.

I bet that this whole thing was orchestrated by Democrats trying to show that everyone connected to Trump is a crook.

What do Chinese billionaires eat? On board dining is dining in or take out?

They raised 25 million. Hundreds of thousands is a small percent. Bannon did not take any money for himself. And the money was "laundered" not stolen.

Okay, go to a major bank and steal hundreds of thousands of dollars. Tell the judge you only took a small percentage of the bank's holdings. Let us know how that works out for you.

Also, the fact that there was money laundering is itself evidence of illegitimate moving of assets and therefore a Mount Everest of mens rea.

Seriously, somebody needs to explain to me how trump supporters are ever not in prison.

Last edited:
I bet that this whole thing was orchestrated by Democrats trying to show that everyone connected to Trump is a crook.

It’s not a heavy lift to connect those dots.........

I'm not a real democrat but I'm accused of being one by Trump supporters.

Tell me what I was going to say.

Also, could you give an example of "logical". Like how stealing a 'tiny percent' isn't really a crime.

Bannon didn't take any money for himself. I don't know the reason that other guy was paid such a big salary. I don't know if the money they paid him was actually stolen from the fund or just passed through. I haven't read everything about it yet.

The best way to foil those efforts is to not commit big, stupid loud crimes. Just a thought.

Oh stop. We already know that any money distributed anywhere in that organization had to go out over his signature. So whatever money went out and to where Bannon authorized it.

They were stupid for sure. No organization commits that 100% of the money they take in will fund their intended project because its not possible for 100% of the money contributed to go to the intended project. There is this thing called overhead for one.

When is the Right going to figure out that both Bannon and Trump are carpetbaggers, con men who think they can get away with anything at any time and love the attention from the press whether its negative reporting or positive reporting. They just don't care.

Well, why does anyone commit a financial crime? Because they are greedy and feel they can get away with it.

As for myself, I have never worked dozens of hours at a grueling, thankless job to make millions of dollars for some cause unrelated to my interests without some form of compensation. I value my knowledge, expertise and, most importantly, my time a bit too highly to give it away for nothing. Perhaps Steve Bannon is just that selfless and that giving with his time and energy. Perhaps he did not receive a single copper penny for what he did in any form of back-end compensation or kickback. Perhaps, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Maybe should wait till drawing conclusions since you admitted that , "I don't know the whole story yet, but so"

Just maybe we should wait till the investigation is completed and the trial is done.

:lamo

Leaders Of ‘We Build The Wall’ Online Fundraising Campaign Charged With Defrauding Hundreds Of Thousands Of Donors | USAO-SDNY | Department of Justice

Acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said: “As alleged, the defendants defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalizing on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretense that all of that money would be spent on construction. While repeatedly assuring donors that Brian Kolfage, the founder and public face of We Build the Wall, would not be paid a cent, the defendants secretly schemed to pass hundreds of thousands of dollars to Kolfage, which he used to fund his lavish lifestyle. We thank the USPIS for their partnership in investigating this case, and we remain dedicated to rooting out and prosecuting fraud wherever we find it.”

Audrey Strauss
Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York
Incumbent
Assumed office
June 20, 2020
President Donald Trump

They're all out to get Trump - even Trump's own people. :lol: Give it up.

I don't think that the Democrats have to orchestrate that since everything connected with Trump is a crook.

Okay, go to a major bank and steal hundreds of thousands of dollars. Tell the judge you only took a small percentage of the bank's holdings. Let us know how that works out for you.

Also, the fact that there was money laundering is itself evidence of illegitimate moving of assets and therefore a Mount Everest of mens rea.

Seriously, somebody needs to explain to me how trump supporters are ever not in prison.

I said please don't comment if you are going to be illogical and partisan.

Taking a small percent to pay a salary out of money you raised yourself is not the same as robbing a bank. And Bannon didn't take any for himself. And it probably was not stolen from the non-profit anyway.

Looks like a political set up to me.

Well, why does anyone commit a financial crime? Because they are greedy and feel they can get away with it.

As for myself, I have never worked dozens of hours at a thankless job to make millions of dollars for a cause without some form of compensation. I value my knowledge, expertise and, most importantly, my time a bit too highly to give it away for nothing. Perhaps Steve Bannon is just that selfless and that giving with his time and energy. Perhaps he did not receive a single copper penny for what he did in any form of back-end compensation or kickback. Perhaps, but I doubt it.

It seems like he didn't. And if he did why would that be so horrible. This looks political to me.

Maybe should wait till drawing conclusions since you admitted that , "I don't know the whole story yet, but so"

Just maybe we should wait till the investigation is completed and the trial is done.

Why? Is this forum censored now?

Oh, so there is a monetary limit on your morality?

Stealing is stealing. Aren't you a member of the "Law and Order" party?

More like the hypocrisy party....

I said please don't comment if you are going to be illogical and partisan.

Taking a small percent to pay a salary out of money you raised yourself is not the same as robbing a bank. And Bannon didn't take any for himself. And it probably was not stolen from the non-profit anyway.

Looks like a political set up to me.

You are not accusing the data that is already in the public domain or you are not understanding it...one or the other. If there is one thing it's not....it's not a set up.

Loose Bannon

FYI:

"Money laundering is the illegal process of concealing the origins of money obtained illegally by passing it through a complex sequence of banking transfers or commercial transactions. The overall scheme of this process returns the "clean" money to the launderer in an obscure and indirect way.[1]

"One problem of criminal activities is accounting for the proceeds without raising the suspicion of law enforcement agencies. Considerable time and effort may be put into strategies that enable the safe use of those proceeds without raising unwanted suspicion. Implementing such strategies is generally called money laundering. After money has been laundered, it can be used for legitimate purposes."

"Criminal sanctions

"Money laundering has been criminalized in the United States since the Money Laundering Control Act of 1986. The law, contained at section 1956 of Title 18 of the United States Code, prohibits individuals from engaging in a financial transaction with proceeds that were generated from certain specific crimes, known as "specified unlawful activities" (SUAs). The law requires that an individual specifically intend in making the transaction to conceal the source, ownership or control of the funds. There is no minimum threshold of money, and no requirement that the transaction succeeded in actually disguising the money. A "financial transaction" has been broadly defined, and need not involve a financial institution, or even a business. Merely passing money from one person to another, with the intent to disguise the source, ownership, location or control of the money, has been deemed a financial transaction under the law."

(My emphasis - more @ Money laundering - Wikipedia)

It's a serious crime. Bannon should know better, & he may pay dearly for carrying on regardless.

Back
Top Bottom