• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Banning Kids from Malls

Until the group of thugs start getting an attitude problem and threatening to kill your kids.

One shouldn't have to deal with **** like that while trying to shop.

Except, not all teenagers are "thugs" and not all "thugs" are teenagers. It assumes that all/most teenagers by themselves will cause a problem, when most won't. Like most things it is the ones that do cause problems that everyone notices, and then stereotypes most of, if not the entire, group as.

Except, not all teenagers are "thugs" and not all "thugs" are teenagers. It assumes that all/most teenagers by themselves will cause a problem, when most won't. Like most things it is the ones that do cause problems that everyone notices, and then stereotypes most of, if not the entire, group as.

though I tend to agree. I feel that most 13-15 year olds have no business being left unsupervised in public. If you can't drive yourself to the mall, you should be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Except most adults wont treat teens as adults simply because they are teens.

Now if you could have sex with a teen, I am sure most would be treated as adults. Especially the girls.

though I tend to agree. I feel that most 13-15 year olds have no business being left unsupervised in public. If you can't drive yourself to the mall, you should be accompanied by a responsible adult.

I actually agree with this. I should really have qualified this as older teens, 16 and up. I just don't really care for rules that ban people from doing something because of what some feel might happen. Along with the driving thing, a 17 yo could have already graduated from HS and is even allowed into R rated films. This is also the traditional "dating" age. I don't think teenagers on dates (since many malls generally have a movie theater) should have to be accompanied by a parent.

You are psychotic to take out a weapon against immature teens.
If they're attempting to cause a person death or grievous bodily injury, they're mature enough to have a firearm drawn on them.

There are plenty of "immature teens" who would try to kill you in a heartbeat. If you don't believe me, go hang out in East St. Louis for a while.

Last edited:
We kept our kids on a short leash, and most of the time they appreciated it.
They couldn't go to the mall unless they had money to spend and a reason to spend it.
They couldn't go cruising, certainly not on my gas.
And we had to know where they were going and who they were going with.
any violations of the rules, and they lost access to the car....

Old joke, most of you may have heard it...
a farmer hires a boy to help with the chores, boy says he has a friend who could use some work....
farmer says, I need one boy, no more. If I hire another boy, I end up with half a boy, and if I hire a 3rd boy, I have no boy at all.

Gist of it is, teens in very small numbers can be handled, but in groups they seem to lose what little common sense they have thus far accumulated....

Old joke, most of you may have heard it...
a farmer hires a boy to help with the chores, boy says he has a friend who could use some work....
farmer says, I need one boy, no more. If I hire another boy, I end up with half a boy, and if I hire a 3rd boy, I have no boy at all.

Thats not funny :(

Doesn't this violate federal law some how?
Isn't age discrimination illegal, even with private businesses?
Age discrimination usually refers to discriminating against people over a certain age. Businesses can (and do) discriminate against people under a certain age all the time. Exhibit A -- Strip clubs.

Age discrimination usually refers to discriminating against people over a certain age. Businesses can (and do) discriminate against people under a certain age all the time. Exhibit A -- Strip clubs.

Exhibit B - tobacco sales
Exhibit C - Liquor sales
Exhibit D - Movie ticket sales

Exhibit B - tobacco sales
Exhibit C - Liquor sales
Exhibit D - Movie ticket sales
B and C are done by the state, not by the business. :prof

B and C are done by the state, not by the business. :prof

true, but the point is society as a whole is constantly placing age restrictions on youth to protect them from themselves.

I understand that we restrict vises and nudity but I don't believe for a second that some strip clubs would turn away that extra money.

I'm cool with businesses being able to discriminate but I think if we're going to restrict it for some superficial reasons, we should do it for all superficial reasons.

You are psychotic to take out a weapon against immature teens.

lol...

Immature teens are the ones who do all the violent criminal activity for street gangs.
Get your head out of your 4th point of contact.

[citation needed]

Citation not needed and won't be provided.
You can be willfully ignorant if you wish.
My experience tells me what I need to know. Can't accept it, oh well.

Thats not funny :(

OK, more like a bit of wisdom...if you want funny, look in the mirror. If you can't laugh at yourself, you just may be missing the joke of the century....

You can get extra points if you can tell me which famous aussie turned british person said that...

OK, more like a bit of wisdom...if you want funny, look in the mirror. If you can't laugh at yourself, you just may be missing the joke of the century....

You can get extra points if you can tell me which famous aussie turned british person said that...

Most Aussies want to turn American like Mel and Russel...

Back
Top Bottom