• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Banks Financing Mexico Gangs Admitted in Wells Fargo Deal

BmanMcfly

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Banks Financing Mexico Gangs Admitted in Wells Fargo Deal - Bloomberg
By Michael Smith - Jun 29, 2010
The smugglers had bought the DC-9 with laundered funds they transferred through two of the biggest banks in the U.S.: Wachovia Corp. and Bank of America Corp., Bloomberg Markets magazine reports in its August 2010 issue.

This was no isolated incident. Wachovia, it turns out, had made a habit of helping move money for Mexican drug smugglers. Wells Fargo & Co., which bought Wachovia in 2008, has admitted in court that its unit failed to monitor and report suspected money laundering by narcotics traffickers -- including the cash used to buy four planes that shipped a total of 22 tons of cocaine.

*Sarcasm* Oh isn't that great that we're helping Mexico by providing them with laundered money??

I wonder how many Mexican Tony Montana's have been setup by our banker friends? Bank of America being one of Obama's main contributors, and you wonder why Obama gets 'angry' when Arizona writes a state law to enforce federal law?

I chuckle when I hear Americans criticize another government for corruption and act like ours isn't.

Reminds of that quote...¨You can't handle the truth¨

I can tell you that the banks in Mexico are hyper-sensative to money laundering.

If you are a private citizen and have a dollar account they watch you like a hawk.

My buddys account was just closed because it was a dollar account and the bank decided to close all dollar account so they don't have to deal with it.

I am not sure where these guys opened their accounts but the legal departments are all over things like this.

I would like to know more info about this.

It is things like this that create problems for all other depositors.

Our Government is not corrupt, however many and some might argue that most members of it are, and truth is our founding fathers left it up to us to make sure that was not the case through vigilance, which most Americans fail at.
As long as we keep putting the same idiots back in office and other idiots fall for the B.S. people like Obama lying there ass of we will get corruption and the Banking system thew stock market and business in general will do as much as they can get away with.
In all my years I have met only a few who I would say are honest and doing the job they were elected to for the right reasons. It turns out that local politics is more corrupt and potentially dangerous than National is. I have seen that close up as well.

Actually, it's the drug gangs that are financing the banks. This will continue no matter which party is in power. It would be better just to legalize the drug industry, but one way or another our economy needs that money.

I chuckle when I hear Americans criticize another government for corruption and act like ours isn't.

Reminds of that quote...¨You can't handle the truth¨

Umm... you may have missed the point here, where this was NOT critical of the mexican government, but rather of the mexicans that are laundering drug money through American banks... not just any banks either, we're talking about some of the head honcho big banks... you know, the first in line for bailouts.

That it's these same drug cartels that are INVADING US SOIL, look at Arizona's pleas for help from the Feds to get control of those invaded areas. The police there are overwhelmed. Obama is doing NOTHING, if he DOES do anything, it's not in favor of the americans, it's in favor of the Mexicans... like when his adminstration sued (or at least threatened to sue) Arizona for that law they had recently passed.

All it took to impeach clinton was getting caught with an intern... Obama's actually bordering on treason here.

Our Government is not corrupt, however many and some might argue that most members of it are, and truth is our founding fathers left it up to us to make sure that was not the case through vigilance, which most Americans fail at.
As long as we keep putting the same idiots back in office and other idiots fall for the B.S. people like Obama lying there ass of we will get corruption and the Banking system thew stock market and business in general will do as much as they can get away with.
In all my years I have met only a few who I would say are honest and doing the job they were elected to for the right reasons. It turns out that local politics is more corrupt and potentially dangerous than National is. I have seen that close up as well.

Honestly, the VAST MAJORITY of those in politics are pretty much criminally corrupt in some way or another. Especially when you're at the federal / presidential level... they are all bought off, and if they aren't most of them have a 'for sale' sign up. I could think of probably less then 5 politicians that actually say what they mean and mean what they say.

Back
Top Bottom