• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bangladesh Ferry fire: Dozens killed near Jhalakathi

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

This is horrible. :(

And the government knows the safety standards of these ferries are horrific, but "mostly poor people use them, so we don't need to worry about this too much" is their attitude towards the problem according to the article.

I can't "like" that.

Wish I didn't open the link.

Another woman, who was travelling with her father, sister and six-month-old nephew, said the young child had gone missing.
"When the fire broke out, I gave the baby to a man. He was trying to save the baby. But now we can't find them," she said.

Can't read that stuff anymore, not unless I absolutely have to because it's in a case I need to read to determine if it will help an appeal.

I can't "like" that.

Wish I didn't open the link.

Another woman, who was travelling with her father, sister and six-month-old nephew, said the young child had gone missing.
"When the fire broke out, I gave the baby to a man. He was trying to save the baby. But now we can't find them," she said.

Can't read that stuff anymore, not unless I absolutely have to because it's in a case I need to read to determine if it will help an appeal.
Same. I don't get the fascination with looking for and posting stuff like that. Some seem to thrive on it.

Same. I don't get the fascination with looking for and posting stuff like that. Some seem to thrive on it.

To be clear, I didn't mean it as a dig. It's just... this kiddo arrived, and my approach to articles about this kinda thing changed because reading them was not good.

Reminds me of all the steamboat explosions on US rivers in the 1800's.

This is one of those "If the first responders are all throwing up, don't look" things.

Back
Top Bottom