• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bandaids and Coffee Creamers are a Royal Pain

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Someone needs to answer up!

Why after say, oh I don't know, 100 years J&J hasn't found a better way to package bandaids? It's almost a weird tamper proof type of packaging where we have to wrangle around the edges trying to get the dam thing open and then wind up catching the pull strip. It then doubles up on itself and by that point I'm bleeding out already. Fix that crap. Retool... Do something....

And not to be outdone are those stupid seals on Lucerne coffee creamer. Good lord, almost need a pair of pliers to pull them dam things off. So you get a knife out to cut the foil seal off (that they undoubtedly used super glue for our extra benefit) only to wind up sliding off and running the tip of the blade thru your knuckle.

Then guess what?

We need a bandaid and just like that.

The nightmare starts all over again

Jerks

I keep a pair of pliers in the kitchen toool kit for things like the foil seal. I can’t understand why the different manufacturers try to make their packages “resealable.” Leave the Ziplock to the Ziplock people! Or those stout plastic bubble packs, that’s where the band aids come in handy.

Bandaids? Who needs em. If it ain’t bad enough to need a tourniquet it’ll stop on it’s own eventually. Just don’t bleed all over the furniture, carpets or bedding or the wife may put a couple more holes in you.

As to coffe the only way to drink it is black.

Why after say, oh I don't know, 100 years J&J hasn't found a better way to package bandaids? It's almost a weird tamper proof type of packaging where we have to wrangle around the edges trying to get the dam thing open and then wind up catching the pull strip. It then doubles up on itself and by that point I'm bleeding out already. Fix that crap. Retool... Do something....

And not to be outdone are those stupid seals on Lucerne coffee creamer. Good lord, almost need a pair of pliers to pull them dam things off. So you get a knife out to cut the foil seal off (that they undoubtedly used super glue for our extra benefit) only to wind up sliding off and running the tip of the blade thru your knuckle.

Then guess what?

Jerks
Put your big boy pants on and everything will be just fine.

That actually made me laugh. When your hands get less and less nimble, things seem to take on a mind of their own. Both husband and I were once able to do precision work, now the both of us work on opening a jar of pickles.

Lift and peel are one of my least favorite seals. Much of the time, the cellophane part rips off, and then you have to find a tiny tab or say **** it and cut it off with a knife.

That actually made me laugh. When your hands get less and less nimble, things seem to take on a mind of their own. Both husband and I were once able to do precision work, now the both of us work on opening a jar of pickles.
You know those corned beef cans with the key? Ever have one get off track half way through?

Then guess what?

Jerks
"you are just an old fart
get over it"

--grandson

Lift and peel are one of my least favorite seals. Much of the time, the cellophane part rips off, and then you have to find a tiny tab or say **** it and cut it off with a knife.
Omg, yes. Trying to finger that stuff with arthritic hands is almost impossible.
Not to mention...don't you wish they would make up their minds? Some cans pull, some need a can opener.
But alas, if that is all we have to complain about, perhaps live is still ok.

Omg, yes. Trying to finger that stuff with arthritic hands is almost impossible.
Not to mention...don't you wish they would make up their minds? Some cans pull, some need a can opener.
But alas, if that is all we have to complain about, perhaps live is still ok.
Good point.

I used to complain about pills being in those blister packs until I found out there's a measurable impact on suicide via those drugs. Just the extra minute or two of effort can give a spiraling person's mind enough time to drag itself back from the edge, and that's worth the extra annoyance to me.

...but are we sure an antacid needs to be packaged like this?

Back
Top Bottom