• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bananas Thrown at First Black Italian Minister[W:257]

Alright. I respect the fact that you disagree, and let's agree to disagree. I don't consider it as being assault. Throwing things that can actually hurt (rocks, knives, maybe coconuts) should be banned. throwing bananas, eggs, tomatoes, water balloons, and other such things, perfectly legitimate.

Married people have rice thrown at them in certain traditions. Food throwing is an integral part in numerous activities of life. Protesting should be one of them too and I think it's a crying shame if it is made illegal.

I don't think anyone is suggesting it should be illegal, we're just criticising a blatantly racist act. You seem to be jumping through hoops to try and say throwing bananas at black people isn't racist.

I don't think anyone is suggesting it should be illegal, we're just criticising a blatantly racist act. You seem to be jumping through hoops to try and say throwing bananas at black people isn't racist.

I'm not jumping through any hoops. I said, you either see the black minister as a minister first or as a black person first. I tend to thing public office trumps racial identity. If you don't then you're one of those people who attributes everything to race first.

I'm not jumping through any hoops. I said, you either see the black minister as a minister first or as a black person first. I tend to thing public office trumps racial identity. If you don't then you're one of those people who attributes everything to race first.

"I tend to thing public office trumps racial identity"

Agreed however race trumped public office on this occasion and that was the doing of the so called "political protestors"

We await a story of bananas being thrown by a Northern League member at a white Italian Prime Minister...

Crackers would be more appropriate in this case. :lol:

"I tend to thing public office trumps racial identity"

Agreed however race trumped public office on this occasion and that was the doing of the so called "political protestors"

No, race never trumps public office and especially not on this occasion.

Turkish civilization shows itself with killings its own people who protest.

There. Now stop being like yourself.

you know that is fascist moderate islamic civilization supported by democratic USA goverments for ten years

democrat or republican ,it doesnt differ ,they will try their best to change all maps in this region

but you may put the blame on turks

good

not surprising

racism is not our invention :shrug:

Last edited:
Video @: [/FONT][/COLOR]Bananas Thrown at First Black Italian Minister - YouTube

Racism is still alive in the world. Her response in my opinion was the best "it was a waste of food when people are staving in this world".

It was one ignorant Italian who threw pieces of banana and he was immediately and severely criticized by everyone.

Why are you equating something some weird and unknown Italian did with the American people and Barrack Obama?

It was one ignorant Italian who threw pieces of banana and he was immediately and severely criticized by everyone.

Why are you equating something some weird and unknown Italian did with the American people and Barrack Obama?

I wonder if I could throw something at someone and get the French in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom