• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ban women from driving?

should be ban women from driving since they are causing more accidents?

View attachment 67325702

Why would you ban them from driving altogether? Or not treat them like any other citizen? Why the discrimination?
This isn't a third world country where men get to decide these things...

What's wrong with citing them for incidents that are found to be solely their fault? How about temporarily suspending their licenses for more serious offenses? However, one of the best deterrents to get them to drive better is for insurance companies to raise their rates. Make some pay thru the nose, and you'll see them finally become more serious drivers.

Further on in the article is this tidbit:
A 2004 study found almost the complete opposite, however. According to The Guardian, Scottish researchers said 94 percent of accidents causing death or bodily harm involved male drivers.

The same study also suggested that because men drive more often, they're more likely to get in accidents. Speeding drivers were found to be twice as likely to get in a car crash, and men were found then to engage in more reckless driving than women.

Proving beyond a doubt that no one should be driving. We're just not to be trusted with machinery.

So OP, let's say no females are allowed to drive. What would you propose when males are the only ones having accidents. Ban them?

Should we ban men from living since they are causing more homicides?

Saudi Arabia seems to have it together. We should be more like them! /s

Should we ban men from living since they are causing more homicides?

Especially if you lot leave the chips out.

Women can drive in Saudi Arabia now. Bone saw operators seem to still be exclusively male.

I threw down a like, made me laugh in a sinister way... but damn.

Now that's some anger issues. lol
Reminds me of a news story I read about a lady who stabbed her husband when he farted then lifted the covers over her head, for the last time.

Men used to pay more for auto insurance

True from what I remember. Maybe hot rodding and street racing falling out of favor has something to do with the shift. In addition, while women only do 40% of the driving now, it probably was much less in the past.

should be ban women from driving since they are causing more accidents?

View attachment 67325702

The quote included (white box attachment) in your post does not appear to come from the supplied link which makes no mention of the gender of the drivers which caused the “accidents” - it only references the gender of the drivers involved in the “accidents”.

Last edited:
What? Women Pay More Than Men for Auto Insurance? Yup.

Why do you suppose this is? I guess I am asking what is making them have more accidents and getting more tickets?
I have my own thoughts but was curious as to what others think are the reasons why.

Why do you suppose this is? I guess I am asking what is making them have more accidents and getting more tickets?
I have my own thoughts but was curious as to what others think are the reasons why.

Who knows? Most commercial drivers I see are male - and they rack up a lot of much safer highway miles. Maybe moms having to deal with kids in the car while driving may have something to do with it. Kids in a vehicle can be a terrible distraction.

Around here, women cause far more serious accidents, but most are by elderly widows who rarely drove before their husband died, and in their 70s and 80s it is hard to turn their necks far to the left or right. A lot of motorcyclists get killed here - T-boning an elderly widow who pulls straight out in front of the cyclist. The article doesn't mention any age factor - which is a huge factor.

And then there's the women who - running late to work - turn the rearview mirror to do their makeup on the way to work while driving fast in urban settings. I don't think genetics/sex of the person has anything to do with it other than situational and social factors.

True from what I remember. Maybe hot rodding and street racing falling out of favor has something to do with the shift. In addition, while women only do 40% of the driving now, it probably was much less in the past.

Then there's this. I would link directly to her youtube rant about how it is the victim's fault but it's f-bomb laden. There's a link to it in the story - it's a sad thing to watch.

Back
Top Bottom