• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ban pistols? Biden Town Hall

Artymoon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a 9-millimeter pistol or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous," Biden said. "I’m continuing to push to eliminate the sale of those things." (content on video begins @ 15:30)

I have this image of his off-stage handlers wildly waving their hands to abort response and in the end, just shaking their heads thinking: dangit Joe, you're not supposed to use your inside voice and tell them exactly what we're trying to do.

"The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a 9-millimeter pistol or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous," Biden said. "I’m continuing to push to eliminate the sale of those things." (content on video begins @ 15:30)

I have this image of his off-stage handlers wildly waving their hands to abort response and in the end, just shaking their heads thinking: dangit Joe, you're not supposed to use your inside voice and tell them exactly what we're trying to do.

BAN THEM ALL

(crime will fall)

Sure dude, if you f*** up and Russia, China or Un wants to have their way with us wile we battle armies, I want my neighbors to have all their shots.

If aliens come to test us, I want my neighborhood with its guns.

If a comet EMP puts our lights out, you're going to want all the firepower you can get.

I want Congress to be afraid of my firepower.

I bet that the WH will completely ignore this gaffe.

Hmm… does that mean Biden would like to have a 19-round magazine capacity limit?

I don’t think anything has a 120 round clip. You’d need to be 7ft tall to point the gun at something and not have the mag hit the ground.
So wtf is he talking about?

How come this post is missing context? He was referring to assault weapons as mentioned right before the OP selective quote.

“I’m the only guy that ever got — passed legislation when I was a senator to make sure we eliminated assault weapons,” Biden responded. “The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a, whether it’s a 9mm pistol or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous.”

While generally I don't agree with Biden's view on the 2nd amendment, banning all guns isn't or never has been part of Biden's policy.

This seem more like faux outrage to me.

Sure dude, if you f*** up and Russia, China or Un wants to have their way with us wile we battle armies, I want my neighbors to have all their shots.

If aliens come to test us, I want my neighborhood with its guns.

If a comet EMP puts our lights out, you're going to want all the firepower you can get.

I want Congress to be afraid of my firepower.
Ho hum.
Evil does not exist behind every tree.

:ROFLMAO: nice. I guess they can only think in 10s.

Yep, forgetting (ignoring?) that a magazine swap takes very little time and that criminals (by their very nature) do not obey laws. The Parkland high school mass shooter used 10-round magazines quite effectively.

Wouldn't that be difficult to hold and aim?
With that many rounds, yeah, it's be heavy. I'd question if it were suitable for a pistol.
My guess is that it might be for an AR-15 design which is chambered in 9mm - yes such tings exist, a friend of mine has one, and yes, they accept 9mm Glock magazines.

The militia only needs long rifle.

The militia can preform it's duty perfectly without pistols.

How come this post is missing context? He was referring to assault weapons as mentioned right before the OP selective quote.

“I’m the only guy that ever got — passed legislation when I was a senator to make sure we eliminated assault weapons,” Biden responded. “The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a, whether it’s a 9mm pistol or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous.”

While generally I don't agree with Biden's view on the 2nd amendment, banning all guns isn't or never has been part of Biden's policy.

This seem more like faux outrage to me.
He's suggesting banning semiautomatic firearms. There should be outrage about this suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom