• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ban on posting Images on Thread?

Conflict said:
Indubitably this is your forum and what you do here is of your collective will. I can understand where you are coming from. However, I think that before a moderator is to make an issue of a particular post; the content and the ramifications of the post must be considered. Perhaps the intention of the said poster should be directly questioned as well before invoking such a "legislative" value. Just my opinion.

It would be quite boring here if this were "my forum". I view this as a community forum and I just setup the place for discourse. Donations here do indeed help pay the bills.

I agree with you on seeking the intention and issues that could be present if an image is irrelivant or completely out of bounds.

I think we agree more than we disagree on this point.

BTW thank you for being diplomatic on the issue. I've been to other forums in which such dissent has landed me a spot on washout lane. I really appreciate your understanding, sincerely.
Just being me and doing my best to "walking the talk". The idea here is education. What can be learned if we do not listen to dissention?

Last edited:
Personally, I am not in favor of eliminating graphic content. Oftentimes, a picture is indeed worth a thousand words. However, this is a debate forum and its foundational raison d'être is textual content. In my opinion, well chosen graphic contributions are certainly acceptable... as long as they promote idea reinforcement and are subserviant to a textual overlay.

I just can't resist.

Conflict said:
I do not obfuscate. I DO NOT lie. I have posted my face to this forum... my sincere beliefs............ not because I want to be accepted or esteemed (obviously).. but only because I hold my own belief and that Is supposed to be a virtue of the American way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher
Let's see, where did we start? La MidRighter asked for some jokes. I gave him some. About a movie I saw and you didn't. You saw fit to attempt to insult me, to try to nail me politically on a obvious joke post. Many here know me Conflict. It's my M.O. But you came out of the box all nasty and condescending. You friggin blew it. You showed your hand. I've done my homework. You are **** and *****. Want to know what people think about you already? Goto the "General Announcements, Suggestions and Feedback" forum. Thread "Ban on Posting Images on thread" thread. You are exposed for what you are already. Shame you're so new and allready known as a hack.

Any time. Hear that sound? It's smack coming your way. Now talk big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflict
I don't know what you are talking about.. or why. but it sounds like extreme left wing liberal whining. How Ironic. What you didn't like the Dinar? Get over it bub. You feel threatend and you should.

teacher:
142 posts and you can't remember what you wrote? Stick with, "I don't recall". Better yet, let's refresh your memory. I do so love copy/paste. Little hint, bub, the folks on this site are a little smarter than you think you are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMidRighter
What do you guys think would be the best way to utilize copies of Micheal Moore's Fahreinhiet 9/11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher
Ah, a question I can wrap my brain around.

From behind giant shadow of Moores fat ass.

Top Ten uses of Fahrenheit 9/11 DVD's.

10.Stocking stuffer for NavyPride.
9.Hang in garden to shoo the crows away.
8.As your daughters necklace to shoo LaMidRighter away.
7.Shiny object to keep Billo amused for hours.
6.Anti-French catapult ammunition.
5.Keep one on han to keep your smack skills sharp.
4.Memorize and quote to impress hot liberal chicks.
3.Midget frisbees.
2.Lures for really big and stupid fish.

And the number one use of Fahrenheit DVD's.

1.Hemorrhoid coasters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflict
More color commentary in bias which leaves no option for moderate disagreement. I'm still waiting for that bias explanation. Certainly no impartial individual would post a poll without providing at least one moderate response.

p.s. teacher... I have no idea what your day job is... but I would suggest that you stick to it. Leave the humor to the humorous.

teacher:
Is this what you were looking for LaMidLifeCrisis?

Ring a bell?

So new here and already you try to play the "I never said that" game.

You are discredited. Your words mean nothing as they come from a now proven liar.

Now weasle.

See how this works Conflict?

1. I crack a stupid joke.
2. You try to use my joke to make a political point. And tell me I'm not funny. So my humor is not your cup of tea. That I can live with and take the humorless remark with a grain of salt. Notice you started this.
3. I point out your weaknesses.
4. You lie.
5. I expose lie through the most excellent use of my colossal brain and copy/paste.
6. You go somewhere else and state "I don't lie".
7. I use copy/paste to post your lie thus proving you also lie about lieing. The hole is dug deeper.
8. I go back to cracking stupid jokes.

Attachments

• My guys 001.jpg
    My guys 001.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 4
What the hell teacher? Conflict has some legitimate concerns here. Why the **** are you attacking him in the Suggestions forum?

FinnMacCool said:
What the hell teacher? Conflict has some legitimate concerns here. Why the **** are you attacking him in the Suggestions forum?

The guy lied. I pointed it out. But okay, well do it your way. I'll go find him elsewhere right now and dig in. Now see what you've done? Hang on a minute, I'll tell you where it's gonna be. Polls. Do you think gays should be allowed to marry?

And as far as his concerns go. The guy is mean and he's been outed. He's just back peddling now before cnredd.

And I did make a suggestion. Where's yours? Got to do better than that to catch ol' teacher.

FinnMacCool said:
Er. . .did you check who started the thread?

I know that. Seems like that should make you all the more likely to know the rules. Or sines you started the thread does that give you a pass? That would be hypocritical, don't you think? And oh yea, you don't like attachments? And yet you single me out for a reply?

Attachments

• My guys 062.jpg
    My guys 062.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 7
I know that. Seems like that should make you all the more likely to know the rules. Or sines you started the thread does that give you a pass? That would be hypocritical, don't you think? And oh yea, you don't like attachments? And yet you single me out for a reply?

Sorry I have no idea what your talking about.

teacher said:
And as far as his concerns go. The guy is mean and he's been outed. He's just back peddling now before cnredd.

I disagree - his concerns are valid as are yours and every member of the forum.

teacher, this is the suggestions forum - if you wish to single anyone out, flame, or question validity - take it to your top ten place, will yah?

FinnMacCool said:
Er. . .did you check who started the thread?

And your annoyingly large signature, is there something you are trying to say with this, are you being facetious or am I missing something. I do believe there should be a limit on the size of the picture that is shown with every post, but a pic no and then, again I see nothing wrong with that.:confused:

And your annoyingly large signature, is there something you are trying to say with this, are you being facetious or am I missing something. I do believe there should be a limit on the size of the picture that is shown with every post, but a pic no and then, again I see nothing wrong with that.

Why the hell is everyone ganging up on me? Okay if you want me to get rid of the picture on my sig I'll get rid of it. But you don't have to be a dick about it. I don't recall there being rules about pictures on sigs and I didn't think this was a big deal. Its certainly not as bad as the guy here who has a sig that says in huge letters "Defeat Terrosim: Kill a Democrat"

FinnMacCool said:
Its certainly not as bad as the guy here who has a sig that says in huge letters "Defeat Terrosim: Kill a Democrat"

I'll second this.....

FinnMacCool said:
Why the hell is everyone ganging up on me? Okay if you want me to get rid of the picture on my sig I'll get rid of it. But you don't have to be a dick about it. I don't recall there being rules about pictures on sigs and I didn't think this was a big deal. Its certainly not as bad as the guy here who has a sig that says in huge letters "Defeat Terrosim: Kill a Democrat"

I didn't think I was being a "dick", and I was certainly not trying to "gang up on you" I was only pointing out that you suggested we link images, then you place a huge image in your signature. This picture shows up in every post you make, don't you think that this is a tad hypocritical?:confused:

Not sure he was going that route either Fin. No need to resort to name calling. I'm guessing his name is not Richard. :)

But, he did make a good point. Would it not make more sense if we were to eliminate pics it should be from from sigs as well as posts?

I didn't think I was being a "dick", and I was certainly not trying to "gang up on you" I was only pointing out that you suggested we link images, then you place a huge image in your signature. This picture shows up in every post you make, don't you think that this is a tad hypocritical?

Was my sig offensive to you? If I had a sig of Iraqis being forced to have sex with each other then I could understand. I just think that people should be given a choice of seeing something that could be disturbing like holocaust victims or something.

FinnMacCool said:
Was my sig offensive to you?

Not at all, I was only thinking of the folks that may be 56K, and if you had numerous posts in a thread, It may slow them down needlessly.:doh

Not at all, I was only thinking of the folks that may be 56K, and if you had numerous posts in a thread, It may slow them down needlessly.

My concerns about pictures were different. I just thought that people posting huge pictures of holocaust victims or Iraqi prisoners or dumb drawings was disruptive. You can turn of sigs in your control options so, when it comes to that, I don't find it a big deal.

by the way, I like my new sig better so its all good.

Last edited:
FinnMacCool said:
My concerns about pictures were different. I just thought that people posting huge pictures of holocaust victims or Iraqi prisoners or dumb drawings was disruptive. You can turn of sigs in your control options so, when it comes to that, I don't find it a big deal.

Of course they are disruptive, but that's the point, is it not. It obviously worked on you, and I don't think anyone can completely shelter you from, what you consider disruptive, images on the internet. And to your point, just below where you can turn off signatures, if you look down a bit further, you can turn off images as well. If you are so concerned, I assume that even if the images are linked, because they may be disruptive, that you won't click on them anyway. Oh, and thanks for the tip, because of your help, I have now turned off signatures, now maybe you'll take my advice, and do the same with images.;)

Of course they are disruptive, but that's the point, is it not. It obviously worked on you, and I don't think anyone can completely shelter you from, what you consider disruptive, images on the internet. And to your point, just below where you can turn off signatures, if you look down a bit further, you can turn off images as well. If you are so concerned, I assume that even if the images are linked, because they may be disruptive, that you won't click on them anyway. Oh, and thanks for the tip, because of your help, I have now turned off signatures, now maybe you'll take my advice, and do the same with images

You have a point there.

cnredd said:
I read your post above this one and thought to myself, "Cool...At least he can see that the issue involves the thought process behind the showing of images which some on this forum consider offensive(across all political platforms)."

And then I see by your last post that that you'd rather take shots than debate...

You ruined the credibility I was willing to give...

You just couldn't resist...:(

My perception regarding the quote that was previously posted (by yourself) was that you were attempting to take my words out of context to stupidify me [the connotation regarding the plurality of my comments]. Just as I explained to Vauge I am not here to be cynical or to be an enemy to this virtual establishment. Communication is key.

So now that I have been given the chance to explain my perception we can take an objective look at the situation.... and realize that I am not here to be antagonistic nor attack anyone. I am human and at times emotions do get the better of me. However at times this happens with those who may also be perceived as my political or semantical opponent. No harm. No Foul. Let's move on. No apologies. No grudges. That goes for Teacher too.

Last edited:
vauge said:
I disagree - his concerns are valid as are yours and every member of the forum.

teacher, this is the suggestions forum - if you wish to single anyone out, flame, or question validity - take it to your top ten place, will yah?

(In the voice of Howard Cosell)

teacher takes one to the head, down goes teacher, down goes teacher, he's struggling to beat the 8 count, he's on his feet, OMG, a guy with a parachute and a fan has dropped into the ring, oh the humanity".

vauge, of course, you're right. What was I thinking? I've a place just for such horse play.

Conflict said:
However at times this happens with those who may also be perceived as my political or semantical opponent. No harm. No Foul. Let's move on. No apologies. No grudges. That goes for Teacher too.

It's all good. Just an example of when you bring it to teacher he tends to stand his ground. My post you intially responded to was indeed a joke. Remember? And teacher is always left lowercase, even when starting a sentence.

Attachments

• My guys 077.jpg
    My guys 077.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 7
  • My guys 043.JPG
    My guys 043.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 7
teacher said:
And teacher is always left lowercase, even when starting a sentence.

Sure thing TEACHER!

:shock:

I just had to it. It's the American way! No Pun!

Back
Top Bottom