• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Baltimore saw steep fall in police numbers as murder rate soared

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
(Reuters) - Already beset by a public outcry over the high-profile death of a black man in police custody and a rising murder rate, Baltimore's police department is facing another headache: it's shrinking fast.

The number of uniformed officers in the mid-Atlantic city fell 6.1 percent last year and has shrunk by even more in the first half of this year, according to police data seen by Reuters and not previously reported.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/baltimore-saw-steep-fall-police-numbers-murder-rate-050511229.html

I'm surprised the numbers aren't a lot higher.

These Black fools want to protest....go police the streets yourselves...the entire department should quit and move to civilized towns.

Weird, I thought the cops were the ones that were causing the murders.

(Reuters) - Already beset by a public outcry over the high-profile death of a black man in police custody and a rising murder rate, Baltimore's police department is facing another headache: it's shrinking fast.

The number of uniformed officers in the mid-Atlantic city fell 6.1 percent last year and has shrunk by even more in the first half of this year, according to police data seen by Reuters and not previously reported.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/baltimore-saw-steep-fall-police-numbers-murder-rate-050511229.html

No surprise. Being a cop these days sucks.
Who'd want to risk their lives to defend a community of ungrateful pricks? You hate me because i'm a cop? Fine....i'll stand aside and let you idiots kill each other then.

Then of course, the same hateful assholes complain because of crime surges because cops are standing down.

So...bad cops are also hurting recruitment.

duh.

Back
Top Bottom