• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Baltimore cop VS 14 year old kid

The 14 year old "kid" showed no respect and the cop was trying to help him realize ones mouth can get one killed it happens every day. I guess all you lefty trash here refer to your mothers and fathers as the old lady and the old man. Bring back the smack on the ass in school and at home and all this will go away. R-E-S-P-E-C-T

The 14 year old "kid" showed no respect and the cop was trying to help him realize ones mouth can get one killed it happens every day. I guess all you lefty trash here refer to your mothers and fathers as the old lady and the old man. Bring back the smack on the ass in school and at home and all this will go away. R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Although I disagree with how the Officer handled the situation, you do have a point.

Regardless this didn't warrant throwing the kid the ground. Yes the kids where disrespectful, non the less the art of communication and being in command through verbal skills was lacking. I say this because these kids possed no threats what so ever, the aggressive behavior from the cop wasn't warranted not to mention this wasn't the first time either for this cop.

And fat asses to boot. Why is it that cops these days are all fat? Must be all those doughnuts.

Or they are 6'2 145 lbs. There are the occasional muscle head outliers....

Why did this kid owe him any respect? He was skateboarding not selling crack, go use my tax dollars that the state racketeering scheme has used to pay his salary to actually go stop a crime. **** that pig, he's why people hate cops.

Power freak ***** with to big a neck and to small a dick.

Can I borrow your x-ray vision glasses please?

Or can you at least grow up, the guy is an asshole but you are no better running around calling people "small dicks", you still in high school?

Why did this kid owe him any respect? He was skateboarding not selling crack, go use my tax dollars that the state racketeering scheme has used to pay his salary to actually go stop a crime. **** that pig, he's why people hate cops.

No, actually, being a worthless criminal peice of **** is why people hate cops.

"Crimes" like riding skateboards? Next this kingpin might go and pull a tag off a mattress. Or wait maybe he'll smoke a cigarette in a bar. That's a crime these days too. **** the nanny state and **** the pigs who actually enforce their bull**** laws. Go use the money stolen from me in your little racketeering scheme that pays your salary to... I don't know stop a crime where there's actually a victim.

Last edited:
"Crimes" like riding skateboards? Next this kingpin might go and pull a tag off a mattress. Or wait maybe he'll smoke a cigarette in a bar. That's a crime these days too. **** the nanny state and **** the pigs who actually enforce their bull**** laws. Go use the money stolen from me in your little racketeering scheme that pays your salary to... I don't know stop a crime where there's actually a victim.

LOL

I think I hit a nerve.:(

This incident occurred in 2008. I was curious as to how it all turned out.

The police officer's name is Salvatore Rivieri, and he was placed on suspension after the incident.

In the wake of the incidents in April 2008, the Baltimore Police Department made wholesale changes to the leadership of the unit patrolling the city's Inner Harbor. A new lieutenant and sergeant took command of the 12 officers in charge of patrolling the area from the edge of Federal Hill to the Fallsway, near Pier 5. Sterling Clifford, a spokesman for the police department, said: "Given the extreme nature of that incident, we thought it was important for the officers to brush up on their interpersonal skills."

That's from Wikipedia.

The article on Wiki goes on to state:

The mother of the boy filed a suit against Rivieri in April 2008, two months after the video was widely circulated, seeking $6 million for assault, battery and violation of rights. The city sought to have the suit dismissed, because, among other things, such claims must be filed within 180 days of the incident; but the family's attorney argued that the statute of limitations did not apply to a minor. On December 11, 2008, Baltimore Circuit Judge Marcus Z. Shar ruled that the lawsuit could proceed despite being filed late.[5]

On September 14, 2009, Rivieri was granted a "motion for summary judgment to dismiss" by Circuit Judge Evelyn Cannon. William P. Blackford, the attorney for the Bush family, said of the judgment: "The family is incredibly disappointed, and feels wronged...they've had their day in court taken away."

In early 2009, the Baltimore Police Department cited death threats Rivieri received after the Youtube video surfaced as a reason for implementing a new policy of not disclosing the names of police officers who shoot or kill citizens.

In other words, the family's lawsuit was dismissed because of Statute of Limitations, and Rivieri has yet to be fired.

This incident occurred in 2008. I was curious as to how it all turned out.

The police officer's name is Salvatore Rivieri, and he was placed on suspension after the incident.

That's from Wikipedia.

The article on Wiki goes on to state:

In other words, the family's lawsuit was dismissed because of Statute of Limitations, and Rivieri has yet to be fired.
Well, I haven't seen the video, but the reaction of others would indicate that he at the least should have been punished severely...

The cop evidentally did something earlier in his career that put him out on his present beat. He evidentally was angry for having to drive around in a mini-mobile so he decided to take out his frustration on somebody weaker. What a creep.

Last edited:
The cop evidentally did something earlier in his career that put him out on his present beat. He evidentally was angry for having to drive around in a mini-mobile so he decided to take out his frustration on somebody weaker. What a creep. If this happened in 2001, I wonder if this guy is still a cop?

It happened in 2008.

My post, just a couple posts above yours, gives the current situation and what the outcomes have been to date.

It happened in 2008.

My post, just a couple posts above yours, gives the current situation and what the outcomes have been to date.

Yeah, I noticed that, and if you will notice, I changed my previous post to delete the question about the cop, but it looks like you were fairly fast at reading it because right after I posted it, I deleted it about 2 minutes later.

By being an out of shape lardass picking on kids he disrespects his badge and his department :shrug: - my call.

The first 30 seconds where he was just talking seemed completely reasonable - until he started his temper tantrum.

Yeah, I noticed that, and if you will notice, I changed my previous post to delete the question about the cop, but it looks like you were fairly fast at reading it because right after I posted it, I deleted it about 2 minutes later.

I was kind of hyper this morning.

Cheers!

Well, it's not a requirement of the job at all. I just think some people should not be cops and this guy may be one of them. Most of the cops I've met are nice - stern because they have to be - but nice. This guy's just angry I think because he has to roll in that little toy clown cop car. But again, being an asshole isn't against the law nor is it a reason to dismiss him from being a cop. How the rest of us handle assholes is character building.

Being an asshole is certainly grounds for being fired from any job, ESPECIALLY a job which requires dealing with the public, ESPECIALLY when the person is in a position of authority. "Public servant," anyone?

Guss he didn't like being called a dude at all. I got something better: Pig!:lamo

Being an asshole is certainly grounds for being fired from any job, ESPECIALLY a job which requires dealing with the public, ESPECIALLY when the person is in a position of authority. "Public servant," anyone?

Sometimes. But if you behave that way and manipulate such incidents, you'd be barred from working in the police department for life.

Last edited:
If I was a cop I wouldn't have wasted my time with these kids, unless a complaint was called in. Then I would kind of push along to a place where their could skate, rather have them skating than gang banging you shooting up crack.

Last edited:
If I was a cop I wouldn't have wasted my time with these kids, unless a complaint was called in. Then I would kind of push along to a place where their could skate, rather have them skating than gang banging you shooting up crack.

I believe the department had him doing this because the public had been complaining about skateboarders in that particular area.

Who knows, that might be why he was pissed because he thought it was bull****.

I believe the department had him doing this because the public had been complaining about skateboarders in that particular area.

Who knows, that might be why he was pissed because he thought it was bull****.
I can understand why he may have been pissed, I mean park duty doesn't seem like something a cop would want to do. Although he shouldn't have taken it out on a fourteen year old. I live in the Boston area, and the cops in my town a decent, actually most cops around are pretty decent. You really have to screw up, I mean really screw up to get their attention. Although cops around do have their hands full running around chasing down peiople who deserve to be chased down. We have skateboarding bylaws here, and when they are called, all the cops do is move the kids along to somewhere else. Most kids around here get along with the cops really well, because they aren't hassled for small things. The cops do make a point to talk and socialize with the kids in our town, even when they have done something wrong.

I can understand why he may have been pissed, I mean park duty doesn't seem like something a cop would want to do. Although he shouldn't have taken it out on a fourteen year old. I live in the Boston area, and the cops in my town a decent, actually most cops around are pretty decent. You really have to screw up, I mean really screw up to get their attention. Although cops around do have their hands full running around chasing down peiople who deserve to be chased down. We have skateboarding bylaws here, and when they are called, all the cops do is move the kids along to somewhere else. Most kids around here get along with the cops really well, because they aren't hassled for small things. The cops do make a point to talk and socialize with the kids in our town, even when they have done something wrong.

Same here. Like I said, there was no reason for him to act that way and it be justified.

Especially that whole head lock take down thing.

If I was the kid's parent, I would be suing the police department. He had no business pushing the kid on the ground and he completely went above and beyond his limits of power. The cop has the right to ask you for your personal information, such as your name, your address, and to request ID. If he isn't planning to arrest you or fine you, then he has to let you go.

This cop is a pig, plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom